• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NNT Tier 6 and Tier 7 Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overview

Mountain Level Low-Tiers

Everything is in the blog, but I'll list who I think scales, as well as what to do about the low-low tiers (like the Weird Fangs).

There's a clear difference between the Gilthunder that performed the feat and the Gilthunder that later fought Sword-using Meliodas. In the former instance, he was trying to give Meliodas a message, not kill him. In the latter, Meliodas confirmed both were fighting to kill in order to fool Hendrickson and Vivian. This matters because we currently have Sealed Weaponless Meliodas, who traded attacks with Casual Gilthunder and casually broke out of his Lightning Bindings, as Low 7-B rather than 7-B.

• Everyone who scales to Casual Gilthunder (Sealed Weaponless Meliodas, Weaponless Diane, Guila, Red Demon, etc.) goes to 7-A, 447 megatons. After all, the 447 megatons was simply used to gather the clouds necessary to perform Gilthunder's actual technique, the Lightning Bindings. Which Weaponless Meliodas and Weaponless Diane snapped out of no problem. Basically, many of the current Low 7-Bs become straight up 7-A.
  • Everyone who scales to Sealed Sword-Using Meliodas (Gideon Diane, King, Armed Ban, Serious Gilthunder, Dreyfus, Hendrickson, etc.) goes to 7-A+. You only need to be 1.23 times stronger than 447 megatons to be 7-A+, and Weaponless Meliodas and Ban together didn't do a bit of damage to Dale, while Sword Meliodas easily cut him.
  • The current "At least 7-B+" characters (Albions, Gray Demon Hendrickson, Sealed Demon Mark Meliodas, etc.) will go to "At least 7-A+". Demon Mark Meliodas casually stopped Serious Gilthunder's Iron Hammer with his fingers, and Gray Demon Hendrickson is self-explanatory from his profile.
  • Current 7-A characters (Matrona, Pre-Training Diane w/Friends, Post-Training Base Diane, Sealed Wrath Meliodas, and Pre-Training True Spirit Spear King) will go to High 7-A. We were given the three-stat breakdown for Matrona, who is over twice as physically strong and has over twice the magic Pre-Training Diane had. This would put her over the baseline by default.
  • The current fodder tiers (Weird Fangs, Dogedo, several Lesser Demons, etc.) are a bit tricky. Ruin drew blood from Meliodas with his punch, implying he scales somewhat, but he was also clearly much weaker overall. Same case with Jude casually stabbing Ban through the chest despite Ban also taking hits from Meliodas. Since even Sealed Weaponless Meliodas scales to 447 megatons, it's possible that Ruin and his ilk simply scale to a much lower degree of 7-A, but I'd appreciate input.
Ten Commandment Tiers to High 6-B
Ten Commandment-tiers were put at 6-B+ because everyone assumed the 180 teraton low-end was used, along with the "we're twice as strong as you guys in general" statement by the Archangels, but as I said above the 368 end was the one that should have been used. I will list out the evidence that originally made the Ten Commandments scale to Archangels just in case it is needed:

• First of all, remember that power levels are a three-stat breakdown, the overall doesn't actually mean anything. Tarmiel could be 40k/40k/10k and still be 90k, yet each stat is only really in the middle of Commandment-tier.
  • Archangels directly state they're only about twice as powerful as Commandments. They don't mention "power levels" or "combat classes", only power, which matches the plot point below.
  • Ludoshel states he needs to intervene when Tarmiel and Sariel are each fighting two Commandments.
  • Sariel and Tarmiel HAD their Graces back then, and Sariel was using his offensively.
  • The entire plot of the war hinges on the Commandments and Archangels being generally comparable, even though Archangels were individually stronger than individual Commandments. With Mael out of the war, the Goddesses (Ludoshel, Tarmiel, and Sariel) judged themselves unable to win and resorted to the Seal.
  • The Commandments were easily able to injure Sariel and Tarmiel and tank many of their attacks, despite Ark being effective against Demons.
  • In Chapters 120-121, Meliodas literally could not scratch Galand in his Base form w/Lostvayne, in his Demon form w/Lostvayne, or in his Wrath form w/Lostvayne. The first time he makes Galand bleed is after he gets his power back.
  • Matrona did not even scratch Galand either. Nor did she scratch Monspeet, despite Monspeet's heavily drained state.
  • Derieri in the recent chapter, along with King, wasn't taking any noticeable damage from berserk Truth/Reticence Estarossa, once again pounding the point home that there's not a huge difference in AP between Commandment-levels and AA-levels.
  • Again in today's Chapter 275, King and Gowther can actually take some attacks from Three Commandment + Goddess Powers Mael without getting insta-wrecked. At the end they are portrayed alongside Tarmiel and Sariel as comparable fighters against Mael.
  • Galand barely cutting Escanor makes sense, because mid-morning Escanor also only got slightly injured from double his own attack power. His durability is simply much greater than his shown attack. At best you could argue that Escanor's durability feat against Galand is the outlier compared to all the evidence above.
So I'm sure you can see the problem. With the 368 teraton end being the one accepted, the 6-B+ tiers should just be baseline High 6-B instead, and the only remaining 6-B characters would be Hunter Fest Ban and Post-Wings Elaine.

Possible 6-A Assault Mode Meliodas and The One Escanor, and High 6-A Gods
This has been brought up in the past in the general discussion thread, though I forget who originally proposed it. Basically, with the 368 teraton end being the accepted one, there is a question of whether to bump AM Meliodas and The One Escanor up to 6-A. You need to be 2.07 times stronger than 368 teratons to be 6-A, and Assault Mode Meliodas wrecked Late Morning Escanor pretty easily, LM Escanor being >>> Tarmiel. The One fodderized AM Mel with a casual wave of his hand. This would also lead to the Demon King and Supreme Deity being High 6-A.

The scaling chain (from Peter1129) goes: 100% Demon King = 100% Supreme Deity >>> 50% Demon King = 50% Supreme Deity >>> 5C Assault Mode Meliodas > The One Mael >> The One Escanor >>> Assault Mode Meliodas >> Late Morning Escanor >> Zeldris w/ God > Post-Revival Demon Mark Meliodas > Ludoshel > Sariel = Tarmiel (368 Teratons)

I still think Sealed Demon Meliodas should be baseline High 7-A since he pretty much casually one shot Ban who at the time had the combined powers of himself and Base Meliodas. But I think that's still up for debate.

Ehh really don't know. NNT is kinda inconsistent with its durability. Sealed Demon Meliodas managed to effortlessly curbstomp Ban w/ his powers but Albion can somehow be damaged by Sealed Base Meliodas despite being stated to be comparable to Grey Demon Hendrickson who tanked many attacks comparable to Sealed Base Meliodas without much injury.

But the Albions should scale from Demon Hendrickson. So if High 7-A Sealed Demon Meliodas gets accepted they will also become High 7-A. This could also potentially make the 10k+ characters 6-C.

I guess it's possible from King's explanation about Sacred Treasures that Lostvayne is just so good a weapon that Sealed Base Mel w/Lostvayne is > Sealed Demon Mel w/Sword.

Is he really that much stronger he could damage Albion? Cause if that was the case Diane should've overpowered Dreyfus with her sacred treasure instead of it being the other way around. Seriously now that I've looked back at the Manga there's inconsistencies all over the place.

King never said the Sacred Treasures are all equal to each other, just compared them to normal weapons in general. But I'm just spitballing ideas here, an easier solution might just be to keep Albions as At least 7-A+ even if Sealed Demon Mark Mel is put as High 7-A for your reason. After all, we don't know the three-stat breakdown for Albions and even their total isn't actually as high as Gray Demon Hendrickson's.

Should Ban get a note about being susceptible to piercing/cutting attacks more than blunt force? Cause the guy gets the Wolverine worf effect where because of Regenerationn he gets brutalized a lot more to showcase regen.

I remember when they meet King Ban gets stabbed with a rake by kids.

I agree with you but I don't know how this wiki handles stuff like that. If it's not written off as PIS then I'd add a line to the Weakness section like "Ban is weak to sharp weapons such as swords and spears." Or something like that. There was even the time in the recent chapter where even with his upgraded healing Ban gets wrecked tumbling down a cliff for laughs.

Isn't that pretty much the case with every character in fiction? One Piece fodders can still hurt relevant characters with swords and guns. So I don't think you'll need to add that weakness.

Oh yeah there's also the whole thing with the Top Tiers that needs to be sorted out. Malik can you also add the details about potential 6-A Top Tiers via scaling.

You could make that case via scaling, although there's no direct evidence he's twice as powerful as Tarmiel.

@Peter

Yeah I'll add it the potential 6-A stuff

Malikobama1 said:
You could make that case via scaling, although there's no direct evidence he's twice as powerful as Tarmiel.
Im pretty sure u can based on the flashback even at his demon mark form he msde 3 angels wary of him. the example of Galland with 40k vs escanor with 50k was barely scratched and hurt. Meliodas after he fought escanor also got stronger.

I mean it's pretty much been shown even a small difference in power lvls can lead to a stomp so there is the hope for 6-A top tiers.

Oh yeah and here's the scaling chain.

100% Demon King = 100% Supreme Deity >>> 50% Demon King = 50% Supreme Deity >>> 5C Assault Mode Meliodas > The One Mael >> The One Escanor >>> Assualt Mode Meliodas >> Late Morning Escanor >> Zeldris w/ God > Post-Revival Demon Mark Meliodas > Ludoshel > Sariel = Tarmiel (368 Teratons)

We still aren't sure though. So just wait and see if people will accept 6-A top tiers starting from Assault Mode Meliodas or The One Escanor. Oh right just realized if Assault Meliodas or The One Escanor becomes baseline 6-A starts wouldn't that potentially make the god Tiers High 6-A?

Wow all of a sudden we have

High 6-A God Tiers

6-A Top Tiers

6-B - High 6-B High Tiers

6-C High-Mid Tiers

High 7-A Mid Tiers

7-A Low-Mid Tiers

Tier 8 High-Low Tiers

Tier 9 Mid-Low Tiers

Tier 10 Low Tiers

Hmm, how? And we don't arbitrarily give out plus signs like that, you have to have a calc that puts you at that level, you can't just say well this guy is almost as strong as this guy therefore he is country level+.

Either he is small country level via the calc or he is large country level via scaling to large country level characters, there is no in between.

Originally they were 6-B+ backwards scaling from being much weaker but still somewhat comparable to the low end of Tarmiel's ocean calc which was 183 teratons. But now it seems like the high end was the one that got accepted. So now the Ten Commandments are becoming baseline High 6-B.

@Celestial

It was using the reasoning above but with the "half as powerful" statement and the low-end to be safe. But that was flawed due to lack of knowledge, they should just be High 6-B for the same reasoning listed above.

@Maxnumb

Assault Mode Meliodas is definitely not High 6-A.

When AM Meliodas and The One Escanor scale to 387 Teratons, we should determine whether or not they benefit from the Full Counter multiplier, which would make it ~800 Teratons. TMF and NF have accepted it, seeing that FC is not a vague multiplier which we dont know what it upgrades but specifically doubles just the attack power.

AM Meliodas and The One Escanor tanked a FC Cruel Sun in close proximity with zero damage at all.

Further implying they are approaching higher tiers.

The scaling chain (from Peter1129) goes: 100% Demon King = 100% Supreme Deity >>> 50% Demon King = 50% Supreme Deity >>> 5C Assault Mode Meliodas > The One Mael >> The One Escanor >>> Assault Mode Meliodas >> Late Morning Escanor >> Zeldris w/ God > Post-Revival Demon Mark Meliodas > Ludoshel > Sariel = Tarmiel (368 Teratons)

^I like how half of this is speculation.

And I didnt know we spammed tier jumps just because "it makes sense for them to be this strong".

Can you elaborate where you see backwards scaling being spammed? And Multipliers are not used as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back