• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NNT Tier 6 and Tier 7 Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree kepleys assumption here first of all we do not compare the view from up high in real life in fiction. First of all you need to prove that view is the as the view in NNT pale that u showed or else you're appealing to assumption that this is the case. 2nd of all this is a major blasphemy as it gives no indication that clouds are low.

@Kepekley

You're not taking into account that the cloud formed at the top of a tornado, the average height of which is 3-4 km according to google. The previous page also calls the wind in the Domain of God literally "tornados" so we know the author meant it to be an actual tornado. If anything, the 2km end is a bit of a lowball all things considered. Whereas with the whirlpools and waves, Tarmiel is in direct control of the ocean, and tsunami waves have been recorded hundreds of meters high before, which matches the tornado's viewpoint.

EnlilTornado

It doesn't really matter if it's called a tornado if it's blatantly portrayed as tiny in the shots we see. The definition of a tornado is a rotating funnel of air. It'd meet the criteria even if it was only 100m tall.

And those are not tsunami waves. You can clearly see one of these same waves being drawn small in the background of one of the scans where the PoV is centered on human sized characters. If these waves were 100m tall was that big the background would be blue.

The waves you linked in that picture are from before the storm was created, of course they'd be small. They're just natural waves like you'd find anywhere.

And the definition of tornado is: a mobile, destructive vortex of violently rotating winds having the appearance of a funnel-shaped cloud and advancing beneath a large storm system.

Kepekley23 said:
It doesn't really matter if it's called a tornado if it's blatantly portrayed as tiny in the shots we see. The definition of a tornado is a rotating funnel of air. It'd meet the criteria even if it was only 100m tall.

And those are not tsunami waves. You can clearly see one of these same waves being drawn small in the background of one of the scans where the PoV is centered on human sized characters. If these waves were 100m tall was that big the background would be blue.
Clearly you're not getting what his premise was. Prove that those tornados are small using average that we have IRL

The definition of a tornado is a rotating funnel of air that forms below a thundercloud.

They are still drawn tiny after the attack.

Theres no tornado in that panel not at all. Clearly you're nitpicking the panel even tho it even implied earlier the tornado. Divine Wrath of enlil isnt a tornado combination but Tarmiel and sariels combination.

I got the definition straight from google which apparently comes from dictionary.com.

You have literally no frame of reference in that picture to scale the waves from.

> You have literally no frame of reference in that picture to scale the waves from.

Tf the waves were as big as the tsunamis caused by the Chicxulub Meteor like you're saying they are, that background would be blue. Instead of that, we see one of the waves generated by the attack in the first scan, and it's not covering 2/3 of the background like it should.

@Kepekley

?

You're saying the waves are tiny without any way to scale them in that picture.

Edit: Maybe you were replying to Maxnumb? Idk

it's not covering 2/3 of the background like it should

I never said the waves are literally extinction meteorite level, I'm saying that you have no way to scale any of the waves except for headcanon. Whereas we know for sure that the cloud height is at the top of a literal tornado, the average height of which is 3-4 km.

I'm talking about the first panel with Meliodas (I think) being in the center of the shot. There is a wave in the background. It's clearly not hundreds of meters tall.

Have you read this? That's Mael (Estarossa) in the center, and again that panel is literally before any storm happened. You're looking at normal ocean waves. Normal ocean waves aren't supposed to be hundreds of meters tall.

Okay I know you haven't read this now. My dude, that's Tarmiel and Sariel, and they weren't even in that dimension, they were in the normal world. You're looking at a hill in the background.

@Max

With all respect dude, it seems like you're confused too. The picture he's linking of Tarmiel and Sariel shows them in the normal world, not in the Domain of God.

Yeah, I have not read Nanatsu no Taizai. I was going by the picture you linked in your blog to explain the feat to begin with.

Malikobama1 said:
Okay I know you haven't read this now. My dude, that's Tarmiel and Sariel, and they weren't even in that dimension, they were in the normal world. You're looking at a hill in the background.

@Max

With all respect dude, it seems like you're confused too. The picture he's linking of Tarmiel and Sariel shows them in the normal world, not in the Domain of God.
Im aware but i was talking about how he portrayed the waves.

@Kepekley

In all fairness, yeah the blog is lacking context for people who don't read NNT, I should update that. If you want to read the context about them not being in the Domain of God, I believe it is Chapter 264.

Bump

I updated the blog for Tarmiel with proper context since just having that image on its own caused a lot of confusion.

To summarize, the first image of small waves was from before any storm was created, they were just normal ocean waves. The second image of small "waves" (the top panel) was actually showing the landscape in the normal world ; it wasn't in the Domain of God. For comparison, look at the details and then match it directly with the landscape shown around them in Chapter 264, which the scan is from. In addition, Sariel and Tarmiel were communicating telepathically (shown by the double-outlined box) because they weren't in the same location as Estarossa. The same outline is used in other cases of telepathy like here. I also added the scan of the tornado.

Kep had brought up a good point when he asked whether we use official multipliers.

Top tiers scale to the 370 teratons.

The official fc multiplier is "Attack power at least x2" or "many times over"

Meaning am Mel and the one esca were to get 740 teratons

We should decide whether to use it or to leave it

Only when we use it I can settle on a compromise for a possible 6a for the dk and sd, seeing that it's not far away from 740 tt and both Mel and esca are leagues above that.

Otherwise just high 6b should stick

They would have to be at least High 6-B+, unless you tell me stomping someone that is > Tarmiel is less than 1.16x.

RavenSupreme said:
Kep had brought up a good point when he asked whether we use official multipliers.

Top tiers scale to the 370 teratons.

The official fc multiplier is "Attack power at least x2" or "many times over"

Meaning am Mel and the one esca were to get 740 teratons

We should decide whether to use it or to leave it

Only when we use it I can settle on a compromise for a possible 6a for the dk and sd, seeing that it's not far away from 740 tt and both Mel and esca are leagues above that.

Otherwise just high 6b should stick
It wouldn't make sense based on feats and narrative plot for example escanor with 10k difference able to no dif 40k gallands attack

@Raven

I don't view it as a multiplier in the sense of Kaioken or SSJ (I know this site doesn't use SSJ multipliers though), it's just the way the technique works; it doubles AP. I don't have a problem using it since iirc it was already taken as supporting evidence when they were 6-C/High 6-C.

@Max

Again, you're ignoring the fact that total power levels are just combinations of three stats. That specific point was already addressed at the top as well.

Malikobama1 said:
@Raven

I don't view it as a multiplier in the sense of Kaioken or SSJ (I know this site doesn't use SSJ multipliers though), it's just the way the technique works; it doubles AP. I don't have a problem using it since iirc it was already taken as supporting evidence when they were 6-C/High 6-C.

@Max

Again, you're ignoring the fact that total power levels are just combinations of three stats. That specific point was already addressed at the top as well.
Yeah cuz everything within the three parts of PLs are connecter to your AP and durability.

Malikobama1 said:
That's headcanon lol. One of the parts is about composure and battle experience.
Its actually spiritual essence or anything that connevts to spirit. WHY DO U think king having 0 physical strength and has pure magical power and still keep up with beings that has higher strength level. This clearly is a debunk on your claim.

We were literally told what it is, your definition is headcanon. The simplest way to explain it is willpower. That's why Gowther's Blackout works on everyone with a spirit level below 400.

Malikobama1 said:
We were literally told what it is, your definition is headcanon. The simplest way to explain it is willpower. That's why Gowther's Blackout works on everyone with a spirit level below 400.
Yeah so thats already not what im saying. So you basically comitting that magic also increases your AP. So clearly my stance still points out. If you want to i can debunk more the entirety of this whole premise. Also as for people higher up without any specific quantification of their PLs. It would still be relevant to the scale. Clearly youre in the wrong here. This here is the whole entirety of what it shown by authors intent. This is like saying 142k PL without any sections of numbers has stated none and just the over all power level. This clearly refers to your back pedal on that regard. So my stance is still correct.

You're not even making sense at this point. We were talking about spirit. Now you've switched to magic. Of course magic is correlated to AP, that's where characters like Gloxinia get their power from since they have no strength. I didn't deny that, and I haven't backpedaled in anything, you just seem like you're confusing magic and spirit.

The entire problem is that you're using overall power level as a way to boost characters beyond what they've showed and it doesn't work. Your stance isn't correct, it willfully ignores the author's own three-stat system as well as a multitude of shown fights. Your original point to Raven about "feats and narrative plot" completely ignores all the actual feats and narrative described in the opening post as well as Escanor already having shown durability beyond his own power on more than one occasion. All you're doing is cherry picking.

This argument is derailing the thread so I'll leave it with that. If Raven accepts the Full Counter argument, that's that. If he doesn't then I'm fine with that as well, at this point the whole "6-A" thing is getting tiresome.

For King, he can't hurt people who can withstand his own attacks. Gilthunder can hurt people who have withstood this attack.

Malikobama1 said:
You're not even making sense at this point. We were talking about spirit. Now you've switched to magic. Of course magic is correlated to AP, that's where characters like Gloxinia get their power from since they have no strength. I didn't deny that, and I haven't backpedaled in anything, you just seem like you're confusing magic and spirit.

The entire problem is that you're using overall power level as a way to boost characters beyond what they've showed and it doesn't work. Your stance isn't correct, it willfully ignores the author's own three-stat system as well as a multitude of shown fights. Your original point to Raven about "feats and narrative plot" completely ignores all the actual feats and narrative described in the opening post as well as Escanor already having shown durability beyond his own power on more than one occasion. All you're doing is cherry picking.

This argument is derailing the thread so I'll leave it with that. If Raven accepts the Full Counter argument, that's that. If he doesn't then I'm fine with that as well, at this point the whole "6-A" thing is getting tiresome.
YEAH and you do realize physical strength involves AP, durability, and speed right?? So prove that escanor has higher durability than his AP. Youre completely making headcanon at this point.

It's literally in the opening post. If you're not even going to bother reading then there's no point arguing with you.

if physical strength determined speed and durability King would be slower and less durable than BoS Elizabeth. The manga never said Strength is directly proportional with durability and speed, you say I'm making up headcanon but you don't even know what you're talking about.

The thing with multipliers is that its very hard to determine as of which stat benefits in which way from the multuplier. With FC that vague concept is not a problem in my eyes, seeig as it very clearly targets, mentions and works solely with the attack power from whatever attack thrown at it.

I am okay with using the FC multiplier, however I would limit him to the lowest version, which is x2.

As such, Meliodas and Pre-Noon Escanor tanked a full countered Cruel sun exploding in close proximity without the blast being able to expand due to PC.

They would therefore get the ~770 TT scaling, seeing how they are considerable stronger than that and no one was even budged from that attack.

It allows us to justify possible 6A for the Gods.

@Raven

I'm in the process of asking Ant exactly what to do here, but personally I agree with what you said.

Edit: Seems like your proposal is fine.

Malikobama1 said:
It's literally in the opening post. If you're not even going to bother reading then there's no point arguing with you.

if physical strength determined speed and durability King would be slower and less durable than BoS Elizabeth. The manga never said Strength is directly proportional with durability and speed, you say I'm making up headcanon but you don't even know what you're talking about.
Yeah that puts the notion on magic itself since magic can enhance your physical capabilities. If you know the series this isnt hard to grasp. Him having 0 physical capabilities doesn't mean anything when his magic derives that idea so does gloxinnia capable of keeping up with unsealed meliodas. This further debunks all your entire claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back