• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Abilities for Pokémon.

I agree with everything about the lake trios moves, except darkness manip for nasty plot.

And I want to add attack negation for Azelf (Detect) and Mesprit (Protect) to the list.

I don't know what endure would classify as, damage reduction/manip?

However all attacks we translated into an ability should be listed on the profile. Gives a better impression of the capabilities and prevents confusion.

Nah Detect would be precog and Protect would be Forcefield Creation.

Also about the Imprison thing should that be added to the Tao Trio's profiles as well given that they also learn it?

Endure would probably be some type of resistance.

@Dafritzi

Protect = Forcefield Creation

Detect = Precognition

@GameHearo266

What is you opinion about resistances?

GameHearo266 said:
Nah Detect would be precog and Protect would be Forcefield Creation.
Endure would probably be some type of resistance.
Seems reasonable, it's only attack negation via game mechanics.

@Zex, Correct me if I'm wrong, but scary face is the move that reduces speed, right?

How can we know how much speed is lot? Bulbapedia isn't really opening for me, and from Pokemondb, it states that

"Scary Face lowers the target's Speed by two stage"

https://pokemondb.net/move/scary-face

What does that imply?

Stage multipliers: Stage -6 (2/8), -5 (2/7), -4 (2/6), -3 (2/5), -2 (2/4), -1 (2/3), 0 (2/2), +1 (3/2), +2 (4/2), +3 (5/2), +4 (6/2), +5 (7/2), +6 (8/2)

When changed to a certain stage the stat multiplies with the number in the corresponding bracket. In the case of scary face it's stage -2, thus the stat is halfed. Via game mechanics reaching a stage below -6 or beyond +6 is not possible.

I think we should adopt this, other wise every pokemon with stat manip beats opponents far beyond their league.

@Honey

The stages in pokémon if they are game mechanics, but the descriptions of the movements in the game are not it.
Jkjkjguju

Back