• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel VS. Meliodas (Mel wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter if the author said it's canon the scene was different in the manga and the manga is the source material so you use that instead of the anime. The source material takes priority over the adaptation.

@Dragon the anime is NEVER canon. The Manga is always the source material since it came first.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2017-10-25/interview-hiro-mashima/.123186

An anime adaption will add many more elements to the story. What do you like the most about the anime that is not in your manga?

I think the biggest contribution of the anime is the work of the voice actors. Even on the US side, the voice acting is really similar. It has the same kind of feeling as the Japanese voice acting. I am actually quite happy with the outcome of it.

@Theglassman12 you do realize that the DBS manga came after the anime right? @Hue That is how it works if the topic was strongest Goku then it would be Xeno Goku @Peter It does matter if the author says it's canon, that's like saying Broly isn't canon because he didn't show up in the manga.

That literally has nothing to do with the anime being canon. Dragon Ball Super is exempted from this because they follow a different continuity same with Boruto. Fairy Tail on the other hand has a source material.

@Dragon he doesn't even say that it's canon. For the last time, the manga is always the source Material we go by, not the anime. Certain exceptions do exist like DBS or FLCL, or Gurren Lagaan, but FT is not an exception here.

There can be multiple continuitities in a franchise. The topic is the strongest version of Natsu vs Post timeskip Mel, if the strongest version is Anime then the anime one is the one we're going to use for this battle .

DBS is special. It's anime is canon while the manga started as an official ad.

Fairy Tail like most of the manga/anime has the former resource as canon while the anime is just an adaptation.

Also Mel just need to counter everything Natsu throws at him until he came out of magic since he can't eat his own flames. Or just Vanish Counter.

Mel's True Flight >>> Natsu's Pseudo Flight.

Mel has regen.

Natsu f... I MEAN MEL! Meliodas wins mid-high diff.

If wasn't how it worked then there are multiple characters that wouldn't be on this site due to not being from the source material.

@Cal what does Mel's flight have over Natsu's? The only difference is that Mel can hover in place. Again Natsu isn't an idiot he isn't going to spam magic when he realizes his magic is being reflected. At this point he would just rush in and beat Meliodas up.

My reason for Natsu winning is that if Meliodas Full Counter's Natsu's attack then Natsu will not be effected as he has tanked his own fire that's been multiplied multiple times compared to how Full Counter only multiplies it once. Natsu would then realize that his magic will be reflected at him and instead chooses to go for melee damage. If Meliodas tries to fly into the air, Natsu will follow him there and continue the fight in the air. If Meliodas tries to use hellfire Natsu will burn it away with his own flames. If Meliodas uses Revenge Counter then Natsu kills him while he's charging it up. If Meliodas uses his clones then it gets worse for Mel because the clones are 1/2 to 1/4 his strength and at that point he's going to be using melee so they would get stomped. This comes down to fight between CQC skill. https://imgur.com/a/5ug6q Natsu manages to adapt to two fighters's habits when they fight and then 2v1's them after getting beat by them and wins. Mel has soul manip but he wouldn't use it in character at this point.

Natsu mid-high diff

...I see you didn't know that Mel doesn't get weaker from using his clones lol. Why did you assume that he would fly away from a close combat fight 😂He literally has the advantage at h3h and experience. Also you do know that Natsu wouldn't wanna one right into a revenge counter right?? Revenge toy yet is so strong until the point where they can sense it's power. Not only that but your literally disregarding Vanishing Counter which we have been saying forever. Not only ythat but Mel won't die until all 7 of his hearts are destroyed. Mel can use soul manipulation since this Mel is the one who has his wrath and emotions are gone. Mel can adapt too many fighters so what's your point??

^ The Lostvayne clones are weaker than the main body Astral

Also considering the AoE nature of Natsu's attacks, NNT Demons having 7 hearts isn't that much of a problem

And he has to take damage to use Revenge Counter, it's even noted he turns off his abilities when he's charging letting himself be open to damage, if he's dealing with someone who has such comparable ap, it would be too risky

Vanishing Counter is a Counter, if Natsu doesn't use his magic then there's nothing to disperse. I didn't say Mel is weaker I said his clones were. When I mentioned flight I said "If". " Also you do know that Natsu wouldn't wanna one right into a revenge counter right?? Revenge toy yet is so strong until the point where they can sense it's power. " I don't know what this means. Meliodas's hearts are still inside his body, Natsu just needs to destroy that and he wins. Mel's regen retains the damage so eventually Natsu would kill Mel. Meliodas not having emotions doesn't mean he's bloodlusted, if he hasn't soul manipped in character then he isn't going to do it against Natsu. My point is Natsu's going to get stronger over the fight via Rage Power. As seen here https://imgur.com/a/csro0 Natsu powers up just from the thought of dying and resists soul manip at the same time.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Hst are you voting for Natsu?
I see Natsu winning with extremely high difficulty

Out of all of his Counter moves, Mel's Counter Vanish is the solid in this situation unlike FC it doesn't reflect it back at Natsu but dissapate it completely leaving Natsu to try only short range attacks or attempt to catch Mel off guard to use a Roar but it would be hard to do so with his clones, albeit weaker are able to use CV as well, while RC requires him to take damage and that's too risky with someone who's so close to you in Ap

His Hellfire could potentially get eaten by Natsu so I think Mel's smart enough to try not to use that any more than once

Both are good at CQC but Mel would have the advantage overall but that doesn't equal that Natsu is a pushover

With Natsu he can maneuver somewhat in Mid-Air with his FDT but the best he could do in 7FDM is using and eating the other 6 elements so I doubt he's gonna do any shadow melding like Rouge or any of the attacks of the others

If Natsu can manage to take dowm the clones fast enough and take whatever chance he has to catch Mel off guard and launch a powerful attack I can see him winning albeit barely

DragonEmperor23 said:
I agree, this would be an extremely close battle
Natsu - 5

Mel - 8
if this is speed equalized natsu has the edge on AP due to him beating zeref and acnolgia. keep in mind there's no time skip melioda since season 1 to beginning of 2 never had a timeskip. Natsu has astral defense due to the E.N.D method, Mard Geer had used his existence erasure on natsu but natsu resisted it so soul manip for meliodas is muted. As for full counter the only thing i can think off is if he can full counter a higher AP.

Nedge1000 said:
I wanted to add that Hellfire Manipulation gives soul manipulation to some extent so saying Natsu could eat it seem farfetched and even if he could, Natsu should take soul damage since it bypassed durability via soul hax which also Natsu have never resistance to.
also hellblaze from what we have seen from NNT character can attack you at astral level as meliodas cappable of touching a soul from purgatory and fighting it.

this is literally the natsu which zeref used death manip resistant. if you guys used current meliodas it would be a lot easier to debate.

So now it's

Natsu: 7

Meliodas: 8

This is probably gonna be inconclusive if no one else votes

It's actually 9-7, Allan voted and Maxnumb hasn't voted. He seems to be leaning toward Natsu so if you tell him to come back here he can cast a vote and it would be 9-8

I think it was something like if there are roughly equal votes for both sides than the grace for inconclusive starts or something like that. So i think we are currently stuck in an inconclusive grace period.

@Makiko if someone got to 7 votes, but there's no 3 vote gap, it's deemed inconclusive when the grace period ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back