• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Upgrade: High 1-A for Swirl of The Root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any other translator here? Not asking for the "non-Euclidean" part. Just for the entire scan.

Didn't know you had English comprehension issues, 有限が本当になければ、それは無限などではなく「 」であり。I said If the concept of finite doesn't exist, then IT isn't infinity, it is emptiness.

無限は、「 」ではない。This is the statement where it says Infinity isn't Emptiness.

I reverse searched that Eucliean statement from this website and the Japanese text that's corresponding to the English translation doesn't match up whatsoever, it's EITHER grossly mistranslated or they inserted the wrong Japanese text
image.png
What novel was this again? It says page 464 but Knk 2 is only 200+

Didn't know you had English comprehension issues, 有限が本当になければ、それは無限などではなく「 」であり。I said If the concept of finite doesn't exist, then IT isn't infinity, it is emptiness.

無限は、「 」ではない。This is the statement where it says Infinity isn't Emptiness.

I reverse searched that Eucliean statement from this website and the Japanese text that's corresponding to the English translation doesn't match up whatsoever, it's EITHER grossly mistranslated or they inserted the wrong Japanese text
image.png
What novel was this again? It says page 464 but Knk 2 is only 200+
What is the name of the novel you got this raw from? KnK 2 only has 238 pages but this scan seems to be gotten from page 464 of which novel?

What is the name of the novel you got this raw from? KnK 2 only has 238 pages but this scan seems to be gotten from page 464 of which novel?
The first book has 324 pages, the second book has 506 pages, the third book has 519 pages.
There are three versions of the book, first book was a doujinshi version, the writibg was very rough, the second version was the first officially published version by Kondansha, the third version was a commemoration for KnK and they packaged the book in a hard book cover with more word density. Thus reducing the book to two books instead of three, which was the Kondansha version was.

The first book has 324 pages, the second book has 506 pages, the third book has 519 pages.
There are three versions of the book, first book was a doujinshi version, the writibg was very rough, the second version was the first officially published version by Kondansha, the third version was a commemoration for KnK and they packaged the book in a hard book cover with more word density. Thus reducing the book to two books instead of three, which was the Kondansha version was.
What book did you find that scan from? What KnK volume?

Why are you so picky man?? It was in the second volume, the middle volume aka 空の境界(中)
Wdym by picky? I'm specifically asking for a source dude.

Anyways, since you said middle, and the volume is the second one while the one with the non-euclidean part is at the last parts of the same novel, I finally understand what you are referring to and you are indeed right. They are both two different scans. This is the translated scan for the one you found.
Screenshot_20220405_162037.jpg

And to be honest, this still implies High 1A based on the concept of infinity and shiki being in infinity yet rendering the non-existent limit useless. I would explain better later.

Anyways, since you said middle, and the volume is the second one while the one with the non-euclidean part is at the last parts of the same novel, I finally understand what you are referring to and you are indeed right. They are both two different scans. This is the translated scan for the one you found.

And to be honest, this still implies High 1A based on the concept of infinity and shiki being in infinity yet rendering the non-existent limit useless. I would explain better later.
Wasn't the primary basis on the notion that recursively stacked infinities was a thing, which directly hinged off the Non-Euclidean space part?

This is 1-C at absolute best and ******* meaningless at worst.

Once again, I communicate my grievances with scaler brain rot where we see it in action at this very moment.

There are characters on this wiki that reached High 1A and higher because they transcended the concept of infinity along with some contexts behind. God Unsong is an example of this. I would make a post in the comments tomorrow explaining why The root should be High 1A now that I've gotten the correct translated scan.

I don't know why all of you keep attempting to assert this profoundly exaggerated and incorrect interpretation of these "infinity" statements. As I have stated, multiple times, these aren't referring to mathematical infinities. It is using "finite" synonymously with mortal, or subject to dissolution. That which is "Infinite" is eternal and adamantine.

The application of Shiki's mystic eyes is that she can perceive the ephemeral nature of all things and cut their lines, which causes them to experience the dissolution of the Root. This is how Shiki's eyes have always operated. There is no mathematical statement being made here.

Last edited:
There are characters on this wiki that reached High 1A and higher because they transcended the concept of infinity along with some contexts behind. God Unsong is an example of this. I would make a post in the comments tomorrow explaining why The root should be High 1A now that I've gotten the correct translated scan.
Me thinks you might be simplifying matters a tiny little bit.

Unsong actually directly mentioned Cantor and his system of Transfinite sets, as opposed to this thread which does nothing even comparable, as it is all founded on misinterpretation.

This thread has enough votes to be closed.
I don't see how keeping it open any further will change anything.

Nah you have better thing to.

Doubt you change 3+ staff votes from 1 comment so just spend time on better thing than debating about some iffy explanation.
If I didn't have free time or something better to do, I wouldn't be here arguing back and forth. All I need now is to get a good sleep and make my final argument later on.

Proof? seriously you don't read the scale
Where it prove infinite^infinite already 1A??
Infinity^infinity was never a representation of any Aleph just 2 spatial dimensions and later on to demonstrate that it goes all the way up to 1-A+
Bruh infinite^infinite is equal to aleph 1, so it basically a represention of aleph 1. In fact he mention about higher infinity that is literally about aleph
I don't know where you got all of that considering you said you understand what the OP meant, because if you did you'd understand the actual arithmetics that I demonstrated and you wouldn't say this nonsensical stuff

I said it reaches another infinity in a sense that's its infinity^infinity if we have 3 dimensions it's gonna be infinity^infinity^infinity, or take R^1 then R^2 even tho the example is practically still the same then I explained later on in the OP using lines at infinity and how real projective spaces work to further attest for the proposal at hand
No its not. He literally say previous infinite is being finite to the next infinite, and then he claim the next infinite will be higher infinity. I just say if infinite being finite on another infinite and so on to infinity it not mean that structure will become 1A+

I dont even know where you guys get the infinite^infinite with that proof
Once again I doubt you understand the OP nobody said if you stack it to infinity you get 1-A+ I said the arithmetics used from the first dimension to 1-A+ are all the same and the root exists beyond infinities constructed by those arithmetics you've misinterpreted the argument like 3 times rn and you say you understand it
Where you get "if you stack to infinity you get 1A+"?
The OP just say infinite is being finite or has limit and then start claim that is higher infinity or higher aleph
Nobody said that
Bruh the OP clearly mean about that, if that not stacking higher infinity to infinity how it can 1A+?

Euclidean space is just mapping things on a grid. A higher magnitude is just plotting more points onto an object, but that can't even get you to High 1-B, let alone High 1-A
I don't recall saying "Euclidean space gets you to high 1-B or high 1-A" again
Non-Euclidean space just means a space where you can't plot vectors. It being infinite or finite doesn't mean anything for a AP rating, since you can be non-Euclidean without being higher dimensional.
Once again this is a misrepresentation of what is said I didn't say a non Euclidean geometrical space being infinite just magically gets to high 1-A

Alright. It's time for me to truly explain why I think The root should be High 1A using the apparently well translated version of the scan

I would be interpreting the scan from each parts to make the explanation easier and better.

"Infinity is not 「 」. In order to render infinity, one must define limits. Without limits, infinity cannot exist."

The first part shows that Infinity is a concept that refers to something without limits or bounds. The mathematical symbol we know it as is . However, simply having this symbol does not mean that it's 「 」, which is basically an idealized version of something without any limits whatsoever(something infinity isn't). It then notes that in order to make sense of infinity, we need to define limits.
A limit is a value that a sequence or function approaches as the input approaches a certain value or as the sequence continues indefinitely. For example, if we have the sequence 1/2, 3/4, 7/8, 15/16, ... then the limit of this sequence as it continues indefinitely is 1.

Without limits, infinity is undefined and cannot be observed. This is because infinity is not a number in the traditional sense - it is a concept that describes something that is unbounded and never-ending. However, no matter how "infinite" something is, whether countable or uncountable, or aleph 1, 2,3,4, etc it still would always have a limit. That's how we are able to differentiate between Aleph 1, 2, etc. And that's why we can observe infinity in certain contexts.
However, the statement then mentions Ryougi Shiki, described as "immersed in infinity". This means that she is in a situation where there is supposed to be no limits, and everything is unbounded and never-ending. However, Shiki is able to find a non-existent limit and sever it. To interpret this better, it's saying that Shiki was trapped in something infinite but that infinity still had a limit which is why Shiki is able to cut it down because there isn't really "infinity" if limits exists therefore, it's not really infinity.

This means that she is able to identify a boundary where there was none before and create a finite world within the infinite one.

In short, what the entire scan is saying is that infinity and it's notions doesn't really exist. The very concept of infinity itself, whether it's in Aleph 1,2,3,4, etc would always have limits. But 「 」is the embodiment that surpasses the such limit. Think about it again. Firstly, it claimed that limits do not exist in infinity so it's impossible to sever something that doesn't exist. However, without limits, infinity wouldn't exist either.

Basically;
  • There are no limits inside infinity.
  • But if there's no limit, infinity cannot exist. And that is because the conventional infinities and alephs we all know always have a limit to where they reach. Aleph 1 is lower than aleph 2 which is lower than aleph 3 and so on. This is why there are limits inside infinities.
That's why the final part of the scan then says, If there's actually no limit, then it's not infinity. Instead, it's「 」. That is because 「 」has an absolute superiority above the concept of infinity itself. It is the only thing that has no limits. Ontologically, this makes「 」 represent either the True Infinity or above every sort of infinity based on how you interpret it. As long as it represents something that truly has no limits, then it's 「 」. That means Aleph 1,2,3,4, etc. And that is exactly the scan concludes that anything that has limits would always fall under the wrath of Shiki, who embodies「 」for that is the only thing that embodies or supersedes the true limitless infinity.

This should make it at least High 1A.

Knowing how the Root works, this shouldn't come off as a surprise. If it weren't for the fact that Negative Theology wasn't accepted as High 1A or 0, then this wouldn't have been an issue to understand at all. The root is basically something undescribable in it's very primordial form which is seen as 1A on this site. But that's because we are tiering the Root wrongly.
If we accept that the Root represents or surpasses the notion/concept of infinity itself(as I explained above) since it basically embodies an infinity that actually has no limits unlike aleph 1,2,3,4, then the root would have been at the very least High 1A. Then adding Apophatic Theology to it would have made it higher. But instead, we disregard other explanations of the Root such as this and focus solely on Negative Theology which makes it cap at 1A.
God Unsong for example got High 1A for being above the concept of Infinity
Attack Potency: High Outerverse level (God is the ineffable and incomprehensible principle which orders and sustains all of creation as its simplest and most fundamental ontological ground, completely unbound by the basic principles and dichotomies inherent to the physical universe while encompassing all of them as an entity of pure wholeness possessing all characteristics and attributes, and embodying the property of "existence" itself. Represents the "Absolute Infinite" conceptualized by Georg Cantor that stands beyond any conceivable quantity, unreachable by the unending hierarchy of infinities discovered by him while transcending the very concept of "infinity," with all hierarchies ending in God by neccessity, as He is above all and will always be)
But this very same character still got boundless because his very primordial version which is Atzmus is the nameless and incomprehensible aspect of his High 1A version
Boundless (The Atzmus is the nameless and unmanifest aspect of the Divine which no thoughts reach, being a state that is neither the wholeness of God [1] nor the emptiness of nonexistence [0], completely unrepresentable by anything but the absence of information itself, without any binary digits whatsoever, and being unable to be spoken of or referred to in any manner)
Basically, the same way we see Swirl of The Root but there's still the very undescribable version that is 「 」

Bruh infinite^infinite is equal to aleph 1, so it basically a represention of aleph 1. In fact he mention about higher infinity that is literally about aleph
Pleases stop rambling infinity^infinity being aleph 1 is contextual based its not always the case I said it's 2 dimensional in this case as an analogy
I dont even know where you guys get the infinite^infinite with that proof
What proof? I already told you whatever you're saying is just nonsense because I'm talking ab actual greater infinities that's why I mentioned again real projective spaces and lines at infinity
The OP just say infinite is being finite or has limit and then start claim that is higher infinity or higher aleph
I said it has a limit because there's one greater that's why I said infinity|^infinity the first infinity would have its limit there and a greater one would still exist to represent a higher dimensional space

Constructing alephs still works in the same way
Bruh the OP clearly mean about that, if that not stacking higher infinity to infinity how it can 1A+?
Are you literally telling me what I mean rn? I didn't say stacking infinity to infinity I said the arithmetics work from the first dimension to anything up to 1-A+

Please tell me how does this equate to "stacking higher infinity to infinity"
Wasn't the primary basis on the notion that recursively stacked infinities was a thing, which directly hinged off the Non-Euclidean space part?
I already said in the thread the term non Euclidean space is not that important because R>f exists in the nasuverse which is still a form of recursively stacked infinities over and over again
It's literally the same thing but without the mention of non Euclidean space which I already said is not that important because r>f still works

I already said in the thread the term non Euclidean space is not that important because R>f exists in the nasuverse which is still a form of recursively stacked infinities over and over again
Since when does R>F have anything to do with recursively stacking infinities. R>F is a type of transcendence.

Hi but this translation is incorrect. The Japanese copy that I own doesn't even state anything about Euclidean space.
It won't matter whether it does or not it's not that important
Alright. It's time for me to truly explain why I think The root should be High 1A using the apparently well translated version of the scan

I would be interpreting the scan from each parts to make the explanation easier and better.

"Infinity is not 「 」. In order to render infinity, one must define limits. Without limits, infinity cannot exist."

The first part shows that Infinity is a concept that refers to something without limits or bounds. The mathematical symbol we know it as is . However, simply having this symbol does not mean that it's 「 」, which is basically an idealized version of something without any limits whatsoever(something infinity isn't). It then notes that in order to make sense of infinity, we need to define limits.
A limit is a value that a sequence or function approaches as the input approaches a certain value or as the sequence continues indefinitely. For example, if we have the sequence 1/2, 3/4, 7/8, 15/16, ... then the limit of this sequence as it continues indefinitely is 1.

Without limits, infinity is undefined and cannot be observed. This is because infinity is not a number in the traditional sense - it is a concept that describes something that is unbounded and never-ending. However, no matter how "infinite" something is, whether countable or uncountable, or aleph 1, 2,3,4, etc it still would always have a limit. That's how we are able to differentiate between Aleph 1, 2, etc. And that's why we can observe infinity in certain contexts.
However, the statement then mentions Ryougi Shiki, described as "immersed in infinity". This means that she is in a situation where there is supposed to be no limits, and everything is unbounded and never-ending. However, Shiki is able to find a non-existent limit and sever it. To interpret this better, it's saying that Shiki was trapped in something infinite but that infinity still had a limit which is why Shiki is able to cut it down because there isn't really "infinity" if limits exists therefore, it's not really infinity.

This means that she is able to identify a boundary where there was none before and create a finite world within the infinite one.

In short, what the entire scan is saying is that infinity and it's notions doesn't really exist. The very concept of infinity itself, whether it's in Aleph 1,2,3,4, etc would always have limits. But 「 」is the embodiment that surpasses the such limit. Think about it again. Firstly, it claimed that limits do not exist in infinity so it's impossible to sever something that doesn't exist. However, without limits, infinity wouldn't exist either.

Basically;
  • There are no limits inside infinity.
  • But if there's no limit, infinity cannot exist. And that is because the conventional infinities and alephs we all know always have a limit to where they reach. Aleph 1 is lower than aleph 2 which is lower than aleph 3 and so on. This is why there are limits inside infinities.
That's why the final part of the scan then says, If there's actually no limit, then it's not infinity. Instead, it's「 」. That is because 「 」has an absolute superiority above the concept of infinity itself. It is the only thing that has no limits. Ontologically, this makes「 」 represent either the True Infinity or above every sort of infinity based on how you interpret it. As long as it represents something that truly has no limits, then it's 「 」. That means Aleph 1,2,3,4, etc. And that is exactly the scan concludes that anything that has limits would always fall under the wrath of Shiki, who embodies「 」for that is the only thing that embodies or supersedes the true limitless infinity.

This should make it at least High 1A.

Knowing how the Root works, this shouldn't come off as a surprise. If it weren't for the fact that Negative Theology wasn't accepted as High 1A or 0, then this wouldn't have been an issue to understand at all. The root is basically something undescribable in it's very primordial form which is seen as 1A on this site. But that's because we are tiering the Root wrongly.
If we accept that the Root represents or surpasses the notion/concept of infinity itself(as I explained above) since it basically embodies an infinity that actually has no limits unlike aleph 1,2,3,4, then the root would have been at the very least High 1A. Then adding Apophatic Theology to it would have made it higher. But instead, we disregard other explanations of the Root such as this and focus solely on Negative Theology which makes it cap at 1A.
God Unsong for example got High 1A for being above the concept of Infinity

But this very same character still got boundless because his very primordial version which is Atzmus is the nameless and incomprehensible aspect of his High 1A version

Basically, the same way we see Swirl of The Root but there's still the very undescribable version that is 「 」
This entire thing will looked at taken to the most ape interpretation to make it look bad and they'll disagree with it

The arguments in the OP have been misrepresented 10+ times just to make it look bad

Since when does R>F have anything to do with recursively stacking infinities. R>F is a type of transcendence.
R>f is just the empirical nature of dimensions that you'll get from physics when it explains dimensions in informal languages and how higher dimensions work in informal languages

Those descriptions correspond to mathematical theorems describing the gap in magnitude between the lower dimensions and higher dimensions

But if there's no limit, infinity cannot exist. And that is because the conventional infinities and alephs we all know always have a limit to where they reach. Aleph 1 is lower than aleph 2 which is lower than aleph 3 and so on. This is why there are limits inside infinities.
^^

R>f is just the empirical nature of dimensions that you'll get from physics when it explains dimensions in informal languages and how higher dimensions work in informal languages

Those descriptions correspond to mathematical theorems describing the gap in magnitude between the lower dimensions and higher dimensions
That was a whole lot of nothing lmfao. Give some actual evidence that suggests the existence of recursively stacked infinities. Cause the verse having R>F transcendence doesn't prove this in the slightest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back