• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Upgrade: High 1-A for Swirl of The Root

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would advise the staff members to read it because I'm very sure it would get glanced over due to the amount of comments here. I would have to keep bumping it
Alright. It's time for me to truly explain why I think The root should be High 1A using the apparently well translated version of the scan

Screenshot_20220405_162037.jpg

I would be interpreting the scan from each parts to make the explanation easier and better.

"Infinity is not 「 」. In order to render infinity, one must define limits. Without limits, infinity cannot exist."

The first part shows that Infinity is a concept that refers to something without limits or bounds. The mathematical symbol we know it as is . However, simply having this symbol does not mean that it's 「 」, which is basically an idealized version of something without any limits whatsoever(something infinity isn't). It then notes that in order to make sense of infinity, we need to define limits.
A limit is a value that a sequence or function approaches as the input approaches a certain value or as the sequence continues indefinitely. For example, if we have the sequence 1/2, 3/4, 7/8, 15/16, ... then the limit of this sequence as it continues indefinitely is 1.

Without limits, infinity is undefined and cannot be observed. This is because infinity is not a number in the traditional sense - it is a concept that describes something that is unbounded and never-ending. However, no matter how "infinite" something is, whether countable or uncountable, or aleph 1, 2,3,4, etc it still would always have a limit. That's how we are able to differentiate between Aleph 1, 2, etc. And that's why we can observe infinity in certain contexts.
However, the statement then mentions Ryougi Shiki, described as "immersed in infinity". This means that she is in a situation where there is supposed to be no limits, and everything is unbounded and never-ending. However, Shiki is able to find a non-existent limit and sever it. To interpret this better, it's saying that Shiki was trapped in something infinite but that infinity still had a limit which is why Shiki is able to cut it down because there isn't really "infinity" if limits exists therefore, it's not really infinity.

This means that she is able to identify a boundary where there was none before and create a finite world within the infinite one.

In short, what the entire scan is saying is that infinity and it's notions doesn't really exist. The very concept of infinity itself, whether it's in Aleph 1,2,3,4, etc would always have limits. But 「 」is the embodiment that surpasses the such limit. Think about it again. Firstly, it claimed that limits do not exist in infinity so it's impossible to sever something that doesn't exist. However, without limits, infinity wouldn't exist either.

Basically;
  • There are no limits inside infinity.
  • But if there's no limit, infinity cannot exist. And that is because the conventional infinities and alephs we all know always have a limit to where they reach. Aleph 1 is lower than aleph 2 which is lower than aleph 3 and so on. This is why there are limits inside infinities.
That's why the final part of the scan then says, If there's actually no limit, then it's not infinity. Instead, it's「 」. That is because 「 」has an absolute superiority above the concept of infinity itself. It is the only thing that has no limits. Ontologically, this makes「 」 represent either the True Infinity or above every sort of infinity based on how you interpret it. As long as it represents something that truly has no limits, then it's 「 」. That means Aleph 1,2,3,4, etc. And that is exactly the scan concludes that anything that has limits would always fall under the wrath of Shiki, who embodies「 」for that is the only thing that embodies or supersedes the true limitless infinity.

This should make it at least High 1A.

Knowing how the Root works, this shouldn't come off as a surprise. If it weren't for the fact that Negative Theology wasn't accepted as High 1A or 0, then this wouldn't have been an issue to understand at all. The root is basically something undescribable in it's very primordial form which is seen as 1A on this site. But that's because we are tiering the Root wrongly.
If we accept that the Root represents or surpasses the notion/concept of infinity itself(as I explained above) since it basically embodies an infinity that actually has no limits unlike aleph 1,2,3,4, then the root would have been at the very least High 1A. Then adding Apophatic Theology to it would have made it higher. But instead, we disregard other explanations of the Root such as this and focus solely on Negative Theology which makes it cap at 1A.
God Unsong for example got High 1A for being above the concept of Infinity

But this very same character still got boundless because his very primordial version which is Atzmus is the nameless and incomprehensible aspect of his High 1A version

Basically, the same way we see Swirl of The Root but there's still the very undescribable version that is 「 」

Pleases stop rambling infinity^infinity being aleph 1 is contextual based its not always the case I said it's 2 dimensional in this case as an analogy
Analogy so we not taking that as literall right, if like that then i will drop this
What proof? I already told you whatever you're saying is just nonsense because I'm talking ab actual greater infinities that's why I mentioned again real projective spaces and lines at infinity
No i just tell you for proof of infinite^infinite, and PR just extended to infinity not infinite^infinite, but if you say that was a analogy then i drop that
I said it has a limit because there's one greater that's why I said infinity|^infinity the first infinity would have its limit there and a greater one would still exist to represent a higher dimensional space

Constructing alephs still works in the same way
And i say there are verse that the previous infinity has limit or limited by next infinity and not have 1A+ rating

So infinity limit to next infinity until infinity not make it 1A+
Are you literally telling me what I mean rn? I didn't say stacking infinity to infinity I said the arithmetics work from the first dimension to anything up to 1-A+

Please tell me how does this equate to "stacking higher infinity to infinity"
Bruh... first i not say infinity stacking to infininity i say higher infinity stacking to infinity. And i mean the previous infinity is being fininite to the next infinity and goes like that again and again until infinity. For simply that i say higher infinity stacking to infinity

It is like what the OP mean when it mention about noneuclablablbal space that is infinite space but being finite to the next infinity

Alright. It's time for me to truly explain why I think The root should be High 1A using the apparently well translated version of the scan

I would be interpreting the scan from each parts to make the explanation easier and better.

"Infinity is not 「 」. In order to render infinity, one must define limits. Without limits, infinity cannot exist."

The first part shows that Infinity is a concept that refers to something without limits or bounds. The mathematical symbol we know it as is . However, simply having this symbol does not mean that it's 「 」, which is basically an idealized version of something without any limits whatsoever(something infinity isn't). It then notes that in order to make sense of infinity, we need to define limits.
A limit is a value that a sequence or function approaches as the input approaches a certain value or as the sequence continues indefinitely. For example, if we have the sequence 1/2, 3/4, 7/8, 15/16, ... then the limit of this sequence as it continues indefinitely is 1.

Without limits, infinity is undefined and cannot be observed. This is because infinity is not a number in the traditional sense - it is a concept that describes something that is unbounded and never-ending. However, no matter how "infinite" something is, whether countable or uncountable, or aleph 1, 2,3,4, etc it still would always have a limit. That's how we are able to differentiate between Aleph 1, 2, etc. And that's why we can observe infinity in certain contexts.
However, the statement then mentions Ryougi Shiki, described as "immersed in infinity". This means that she is in a situation where there is supposed to be no limits, and everything is unbounded and never-ending. However, Shiki is able to find a non-existent limit and sever it. To interpret this better, it's saying that Shiki was trapped in something infinite but that infinity still had a limit which is why Shiki is able to cut it down because there isn't really "infinity" if limits exists therefore, it's not really infinity.

This means that she is able to identify a boundary where there was none before and create a finite world within the infinite one.

In short, what the entire scan is saying is that infinity and it's notions doesn't really exist. The very concept of infinity itself, whether it's in Aleph 1,2,3,4, etc would always have limits. But 「 」is the embodiment that surpasses the such limit. Think about it again. Firstly, it claimed that limits do not exist in infinity so it's impossible to sever something that doesn't exist. However, without limits, infinity wouldn't exist either.

Basically;
  • But if there's no limit, infinity cannot exist. And that is because the conventional infinities and alephs we all know always have a limit to where they reach. Aleph 1 is lower than aleph 2 which is lower than aleph 3 and so on. This is why there are limits inside infinities.
That's why the final part of the scan then says, If there's actually no limit, then it's not infinity. Instead, it's「 」. That is because 「 」has an absolute superiority above the concept of infinity itself. It is the only thing that has no limits. Ontologically, this makes「 」 represent either the True Infinity or above every sort of infinity based on how you interpret it. As long as it represents something that truly has no limits, then it's 「 」. That means Aleph 1,2,3,4, etc. And that is exactly the scan concludes that anything that has limits would always fall under the wrath of Shiki, who embodies「 」for that is the only thing that embodies or supersedes the true limitless infinity.

Knowing how the Root works, this shouldn't come off as a surprise. If it weren't for the fact that Negative Theology wasn't accepted as High 1A or 0, then this wouldn't have been an issue to understand at all. The root is basically something undescribable in it's very primordial form which is seen as 1A on this site. But that's because we are tiering the Root wrongly.
If we accept that the Root represents or surpasses the notion/concept of infinity itself(as I explained above) since it basically embodies an infinity that actually has no limits unlike aleph 1,2,3,4, then the root would have been at the very least High 1A. Then adding Apophatic Theology to it would have made it higher. But instead, we disregard other explanations of the Root such as this and focus solely on Negative Theology which makes it cap at 1A.

But this very same character still got boundless because his very primordial version which is Atzmus is the nameless and incomprehensible aspect of his High 1A version

Basically, the same way we see Swirl of The Root but there's still the very undescribable version that is 「 」

Analogy so we not taking that as literall right, if like that then i will drop this
Thank u
And i say there are verse that the previous infinity has limit or limited by next infinity and not have 1A+ rating

So infinity limit to next infinity until infinity not make it 1A+
I didn't say infinity limit to the next infinity until infinity is 1-A+

And I didn't say an infinity that has been limited by the next infinity is 1-A+ we know those verses exists that's where higher dimensions come from and alot of verses are low 1-C and up so I still don't know where you got that from
Bruh... first i not say infinity stacking to infininity i say higher infinity stacking to infinity. And i mean the previous infinity is being fininite to the next infinity and goes like that again and again until infinity. For simply that i say higher infinity stacking to infinity
I still didn't say stacking higher infinity to infinity lol
It is like what the OP mean when it mention about noneuclablablbal space that is infinite space but being finite to the next infinity
No

People have already addressed a lot of the core arguments already.
Misrepresenting arguments is not addressing them but I already lost interest ngl
That was a whole lot of nothing lmfao. Give some actual evidence that suggests the existence of recursively stacked infinities. Cause the verse having R>F transcendence doesn't prove this in the slightest
I guess this is what is called "addressing arguments"

I just told you r>f is just an informal description of the gap in magnitude between dimensions you'll get similar descriptions in physics to explain the gap in magnitude between dimensions in monkey languages and that corresponds to mathematical theorems which describes every dimension using recursively stacked infinities

And the best a person can say is "that was a whole Lotta nothing" and asks for evidence again when I already gave him that's ignorance I've already lost interest

@CrimsonStarFallen @Iapitus_The_Impaler @RegisNex1232 @Newendigo @Zencha9 @Creaturemaster971 @ShadowWhoWalks

What do you think about this?

Also, can somebody knowledgeable please explain the relevant information that needs to be evaluated here in a single well-structured post, so the following staff members can more easily evaluate this thread?

@Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Everything12 @Planck69
With 4 staff disagreement, it has been absolutely rejected and can be closed.

Once again, no one addressed this👇

Basically;

What's blud talking about? Did you see a Japanese kanji there? And this translation is literally better than yours that somehow brought "impossible walls" from no where lmfao💀
If you can't address the comment I made regarding the crt, then don't bother derailing.
This is the comment regarding the crt btw

Basically;

Misrepresenting arguments is not addressing them but I already lost interest ngl
Then write a concise post that refutes everything instead of using overly wordy language.

I just told you r>f is just an informal description of the gap in magnitude between dimensions you'll get similar descriptions in physics to explain the gap in magnitude between dimensions in monkey languages and that corresponds to mathematical theorems which describes every dimension using recursively stacked infinities
So let me get this straight. Your first sentence, in normal person language, is that R>F is just a term to describe the gap between dimensions which can be found in physics between dimensions. Then you said it corresponds to mathematical theorems which describe every dimension using recursively stacked infinities.

From what I remember R>F isn't particularly related to physics.

As for the second part, I'm confused as to how you interpreted viewing something as fiction as having recursively stacked infinities. That's some pretty weird stuff. If I'm misrepresenting something, please point it out because quite frankly things are just getting more and more confusing and annoying to read

That's an interesting argument, but this depends strictly on what we actually see in the verse. And nothing like this has ever once been brought to light.
God Unsong also has blatant mentions of Cantor's transfinites, which Nasuverse doesn't. So this is a false equivalence

Basically;

NLF.

Then write a concise post that refutes everything instead of using overly wordy language.
You're an npc wtf just get your vocabulary up it's a you problem
From what I remember R>F isn't particularly related to physics.
If it relates to dimensions it relates to physics in nasuverse it relates to dimensions lol
As for the second part, I'm confused as to how you interpreted viewing something as fiction as having recursively stacked infinities
I literally just told you're repeating you're again
If I'm misrepresenting something, please point it out because quite frankly things are just getting more and more confusing and annoying to read
I'm not repeating myself you can just re-read what I said if it's getting more annoying than ignore it I already said I lost interest

Nowadays, there are still people who believe in absolute Infinity can still be used mathematically? LOL it's metaphysical and it can't be combined with the mathematical you're stupidly describing like that, I don't agree with op because of the absolute infinity that cantor described. It only comes from a crazy brain that enters a psychiatric hospital.

That's an interesting argument, but this depends strictly on what we actually see in the verse. And nothing like this has ever once been brought to light.
Firstly, I'm glad someone finally made an attempt to address this. Thank you.

Regarding what you just said, it's not always what we see in the verse. The context itself is the most important thing. The context entails how the notion of infinity has limits which is 100% correct based on this wiki standards. Alephs 1,2,3,4, all have limits. But 「 」is explicitly stated to not only be antonymic to the notions of infinity, but also doesn't have limits like infinity does. So the context is explained in explicit detail.
God Unsong also has blatant mentions of Cantor's transfinites, which Nasuverse doesn't. So this is a false equivalence
I don't remember where it's ever stated that a verse has to mention the inventor of certain mathematical terms. As long as the context absolutely aligns with the definitions and standards of such existence, then it should be allowed. This is not false equivalence.

Nowadays, there are still people who believe in absolute Infinity can still be used mathematically? LOL it's metaphysical and it can't be combined with the mathematical you're stupidly describing like that, I don't agree with op because of the absolute infinity that cantor described.
Who said anything about absolute infinity cause I didn't, yes absolute infinity can't be used mathematically because it would be paradoxical

Nowadays, there are still people who believe in absolute Infinity can still be used mathematically? LOL it's metaphysical and it can't be combined with the mathematical you're stupidly describing like that, I don't agree with op because of the absolute infinity that cantor described. It only comes from a crazy brain that enters a psychiatric hospital.
Go cry to the wiki standards then. I don't know how that's got anything to do with me. I wasn't the one who made a CRT for Absolute infinity to be an accepted standard. Stop crying at me.

Where you got All these aleph's being established to even create a argument for the verse?
Please for heaven's sake. Read the entire post again. I explained why infinities regardless of their alephs still have limits but 「 」isnt. It makes absolutely no sense for 「 」to be stated to be antonymic to infinity because of the existence of limits yet still imply that 「 」is restricted by alephs 1,2,3,4 which all have limits while 「 」doesn't.

Go cry to the wiki standards then. I don't know how that's got anything to do with me. I wasn't the one who made a CRT for Absolute infinity to be an accepted standard. Stop crying at me.
Ight to be serious I don't think vsbw uses mathematically but I think it's accepted as high 1-A if it was used mathematically it would be far into tier 0 and still paradoxical

God Unsong is an accepted character with this requirement.
I'm joking I don't care ab the thread anymore
Please for heaven's sake. Read the entire post again. I explained why infinities regardless of their alephs are still limited
Because of this ^^ no matter how many times you argue you'll get generic responses that don't pertain to your argument its best to close the thread

Because of this ^^ no matter how many times you argue you'll get generic responses that don't pertain to your argument its best to close the thread
Honestly, it's so annoying how they keep ignoring blatant context.

My God. It's past 4 am and I haven't slept. I'm just going to post this one last time for any staff member to read. Please read and understand the context carefully.

Basically;

I'm going to bed.

Please for heaven's sake. Read the entire post again. I explained why infinities regardless of their alephs still have limits but 「 」isnt. It makes absolutely no sense for 「 」to be stated to be antonymic to infinity because of the existence of limits yet still imply that 「 」is restricted by alephs 1,2,3,4
That's what NLF is that you're using, it's not about "Limit" that some other verse or some thory or some standard decides, it's about "Limit" that your verse decides. If your verse stated to be beyond the concept of mathematics then it only covers to what verse is limited to, not anything beyond it. If a verse states that a Universe is Infinite and thus has no limits then it's just high 3A for all that has been shown in the verse previously as finite. "No limit" to use in anyway beyond the showcase in the given fiction is straight NLF. You're saying it's strongest fiction ever indirectly because, Infinite and no limit. Meh.

Firstly, I'm glad someone finally made an attempt to address this. Thank you.

Regarding what you just said, it's not always what we see in the verse. The context itself is the most important thing. The context entails how the notion of infinity has limits which is 100% correct based on this wiki standards. Alephs 1,2,3,4, all have limits. But 「 」is explicitly stated to not only be antonymic to the notions of infinity, but also doesn't have limits like infinity does. So the context is explained in explicit detail.
So do things like Inaccessible Cardinals and so on so forth. Your logic would dictate that anything that has a limit to it is therefore lower than the Root. I think that definitely feels like a massive stretch, and borders on being a NLF.

What we know from the scan, without extrapolation, is that in order to be able to accurately see infinity, you have to place limits on it, likely due to Shiki's ability, seeing as it directly references her eyes.

Then we get the whole thing about how Root and "infinity" aren't the same, as the Root lacks any definable limits in comparison to regular infinities depicted in Nasuverse.

However, I'll just show this little thing from our tiering system.

Characters or objects that can significantly affect spaces of qualitatively greater sizes than ordinary universal models and spaces, usually represented in fiction by higher levels or states of existence (Or "levels of infinity", as referred below) which trivialize everything below them into insignificance, normally by perceiving them as akin to fictional constructs or something infinitesimal.
This is the description for Tier 1, starting from Low 1C onwards. The description here is pretty much exactly what your scan is saying. To paraphrase on the scan, it leads to the conclusion that the Root is a "true infinity" in comparison to everything else in the cosmology, finite or infinite. That, if we took away its apophatic nature and whatnot, would be Low 1C.

As well as that, if I remember correctly, there was also the argument of Root being above the Spiral of Origin. This, however, is a bit strange as the primary reason for the Spiral's 1A rating is its apophatic theology. Sure, it has additional evidence in the form of the dimensional theories, and being above duality and whatnot, but its primary justification is apophasis. If you're claiming that it's weaker than the Root due to the Root being apophatic and not the Spiral (due to the whole thing of any description given being weaker than its actual self), this would effectively go against the 1A rating of the Spiral of Origin, no?

Absolute Infinity by Cantor was mathematical in nature, but that's not very relevant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back