• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your counter argument?
Taking into reference similar wording, similar stuff alongside the cardinal directions is sometimes generalized as meaning "all of space" even when including places where there are higher dimensions.

The most clear example is Pokémon whose entire foundation of the 4th gen is exactly in the meaning of the word "Uchu" and "Sekai" using space as "up down, left right and back forth", and even in that case space is proven to have at least one more direction as parallel spaces are a thing that are encompassed by it.

Another similar example is the Four Holy Beasts in Digimon whose entire function is to set up the structure of all of time and space using the 4 cardinal directions as the basis for everything, but even in that context there are higher dimensions beyond just those, and yet when it's talking about space in an abstract sense, they often just call "up and down", "north, east, west, south".

In some cases, "north, east, west, south" are just a generalized way of saying "the general concept of directions", the same with "up, down, left, right, back and forth".

I'm almost perfectly sure that Nasuverse has clear examples of higher dimensions, so it mentioning the traditional spatial directions as "all dimensions" can be thought as just a general way of doing so.

Another similar example is that of 8, 80, 800, 8000, in Japanese like the 8 million gods, all have the traditional meaning of in fact referring to the "greatest number" "infinite", and "beyond count". So depending on the context, what seems to be limiting in fact just a way of generically calling an entire concept, instead of that specific version of the concept. It'll all depend on context in the series of course.

He only tagged lephy for you, also lephy was very active in the previous revision. But you're still behaving aggressively.
But why me? I wasn't the one requesting for a ping. He intentionally pinged Lephyr under my comment to piss me off. The op requested for the ping but I didn't.

Why was it me he replied to tho? I said we should all chill about this pinging stuff and he proceeded to do exactly what is causing the threadclog.

I wasn't referring to the op btw. I was referring to the person that pinged someone under my reply.
it isn't that deep

But why me? I wasn't the one requesting for a ping. He intentionally pinged Lephyr under my comment to piss me off. The op requested for the ping but I didn't.
I didn't see him do anything to piss you off. You were just being a bit too aggressive.

What's your counter argument?
Scan clearly talks about axes and specifically mentions the continuation of those axes using "...". In addition to this, scan specifically says "All possible dimensions" asw and is said to reachs all of space and time. So, assuming the existence of the H1-B hierarchy in the previous CRT is accepted, the six gates reaches this entire infinite amount of dimensions. Which means the universe is H1-B bla bla bla 🐐

the six gates contain this entire infinite amount of dimensions
So the idea is to ignore the quote itself -- concretely limiting all dimensions to typical three spatial dimensions -- and mash together the "all dimensions" statement with other evidence suggesting the evidence of a greater amount of dimensions?

If so, count me as a firm firm firm disagree. You can't chop up a scan into the parts that are most convenient and ignore others.

Taking into reference similar wording, similar stuff alongside the cardinal directions is sometimes generalized as meaning "all of space" even when including places where there are higher dimensions.

The most clear example is Pokémon whose entire foundation of the 4th gen is exactly in the meaning of the word "Uchu" and "Sekai" using space as "up down, left right and back forth", and even in that case space is proven to have at least one more direction as parallel spaces are a thing that are encompassed by it.

Another similar example is the Four Holy Beasts in Digimon whose entire function is to set up the structure of all of time and space using the 4 cardinal directions as the basis for everything, but even in that context there are higher dimensions beyond just those, and yet when it's talking about space in an abstract sense, they often just call "up and down", "north, east, west, south".

In some cases, "north, east, west, south" are just a generalized way of saying "the general concept of directions", the same with "up, down, left, right, back and forth".

I'm almost perfectly sure that Nasuverse has clear examples of higher dimensions, so it mentioning the traditional spatial directions as "all dimensions" can be thought as just a general way of doing so.

Another similar example is that of 8, 80, 800, 8000, in Japanese like the 8 million gods, all have the traditional meaning of in fact referring to the "greatest number" "infinite", and "beyond count". So depending on the context, what seems to be limiting in fact just a way of generically calling an entire concept, instead of that specific version of the concept. It'll all depend on context in the series of course.
personally feel that this is a good point that was brought up

So the idea is to ignore the quote itself -- concretely limiting all dimensions to typical three spatial dimensions -- and mash together the "all dimensions" statement with other evidence suggesting the evidence of a greater amount of dimensions?

If so, count me as a firm firm firm disagree. You can't chop up a scan into the parts that are most convenient and ignore others.
Where are you getting 3 spatial dimensions from? No one is mentioning that here.

You understand that up and down isn't two separate spatial dimensions, yes?
Up and down are not different spatial dimensions, but right and left are a different spatial dimension than up and down. That's the point.

But I'm not going to lie, the Japanese text is not seem to be same as the original translation🦒

Right. All possible dimensions.

Up down left right forward backwards.

You understand that up and down isn't two separate spatial dimensions, yes?
My brother in christ. This is literally explained to you already. Why are you missing it?😭 Executor literally addressed this

It is currently accepted that that the directions of the gates aren't meant to represent 3 dimensions, just the six gates themselves.

Do you find this position satisfactory?
If not, then are you arguing that there is a maximum of three spatial directions in the Nasuverse?

From your own scan that you linked not 5 minutes ago with the translation:

"The six doors signifies every space going up and down, left and right, front and back."

This isn't even coherent with the official translation in the OP

in-fact, if this translation is taken as accurate, it outright debunks your whole argument

From your own scan that you linked not 5 minutes ago with the translation:

"The six doors signifies every space going up and down, left and right, front and back."

This isn't even coherent with the official translation in the OP

in-fact, if this translation is taken as accurate, it outright debunks your whole argument
The translation made by Executor is:
The Six doors, up and down, left and right, front and back, all of space, that is what they mean.

Would your objection get resolved depending on the translation used?

I have literally ******* told these people that this is a mistranslation countless times and that it's also ACCEPTED as a mistranslation yet they still throw it around treating it like it's the holy bible. This has gotta be intentional at this point.

Here's the correct and accepted translation
RAWS: 六つの扉は、上下、左右、前後の、 あらゆる空間を、意味して、いる。
ENGLISH TRANSLATION: The six doors signifies every space going up and down, left and right, front and back.
RAWS: そして 彼の、大いなる神は、 決して光届かぬ、あたしたちの宇宙の、外側、窮極の門、の彼方、に鎮座なさっている。 それでいながら、あらゆる空間に隣り合い、 全てと、つながっている。 不確かな人の言葉に綴られ、“スト・テュホン”と、呼ばれることも、ある、けれど……。
ENGLISH TRANSLATION: And his Great God is seated beyond the ultimate gate that is beyond our universe where light cannot reach. He is adjoined to every space, connected to everything. Written in a human language that is unclear, he is sometimes referred to as "Sut Tyhoon" but..

I have literally ******* told these people that this is a mistranslation countless times and that it's also ACCEPTED as a mistranslation yet they still throw it around treating it like it's the holy bible. This has gotta be intentional at this point.

Here's the correct and accepted translation
There is literally no significant difference between what Executor translated and your own made translation.

Up and down are not different spatial dimensions, but right and left are a different spatial dimension than up and down. That's the point.
Right. So up and down, left and right, forward and backwards, is three total spatial dimensions.

If you're so insistent that this refers to the universe, I fail to see how the universe could have more than 3 spatial dimensions.

I'm very interested to know how Fate canon works, because this seems like a pretty big inconsistency with other Fate stuff.

You keep touting "all possible dimensions" and "all possible things" when you clearly know it's the wrong translation. It's downright dishonest. That is what I'm talking about.
Before accusing me of something you fail to understand, can you show me your own version of this scan;
wxBVFsQ.png

It still says "all possible things" and dimensions.

Right. So up and down, left and right, forward and backwards, is three total spatial dimensions.
So you're trying your best not to see the "..." part?

Do I really need to explain what that means, or is it a simple elementary school stuff?

https://apps.atlasacademy.io/db/JP/script/0200040711

Here's a reliable site for the japanese Raws which is currently accepted!

Jesus christ you can't be this dense dude.
Calling me "dense" when you are the one crying over "mistranslations" yet you are referring to a different scan proves who's truly dense here. Also, your link is crap.

"..." is not present within the original raws and even if it was it's literally her weird way of talking. I have gone over this countless times.
I mean, I'm not going to lie and try to make it really long, if the translation is really wrong, I have nothing else to say. Since everything I said is according to the official tl.

But I would still like this translation to be approved by one of the Translation Staff.

Refer to this thread before you intentionally use mistranslations.
This thread does not exactly refute what is presented here. Even in the Japanese RAW, right and left, up and down, front and back are mentioned and it is mentioned that six doors are represent* all spaces. And since the existence of an H1-B hierarchy has already been proven, I think "all spaces" should include it asw. Because at the end they are a space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back