• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Further cementing the fact that nasu threads are a mess tbf.
I personally blame Deagonx for that. Always stonewalling simple arguments. 3D dimensions encompassing an inf Higher D space? How can he even argue this without laughing?

I personally blame Deagonx for that. Always stonewalling simple arguments. 3D dimensions encompassing an inf Higher D space? How can he even argue this without laughing?
That's not my argument. It's just what the scan says. If you're arguing it's contradicted by other evidence, that doesn't change what the scan actually says.

Anyways you guys can continue to argue about the Outer Gods, but I disagree on the subject of this CRT. The translation I saw, which is this one, mentions how Kiara is still bonded to this universe. Roa then went on and mentioned the reason why she is bonded is because she was insignificant in the higher dimension and decided to stay in this one implying she could have escaped the bonds. Does this create a contradiction in the cosmology, probably.
In summary I agree with a high 1-B structure, but it would not apply to the universe.

That's not my argument. It's just what the scan says. If you're arguing it's contradicted by other evidence, that doesn't change what the scan actually says.
Deagonx. Where do you think Sut Typhon scales? Above the universe or below a planet?

This isn't the subject of the CRT.
It actually is. Because the main reason Sut-Typhon scales above everyone else in the Nasuverse (excluding root), is because of him existing beyond six doors. So I would like to ask where you think he would rank if the six doors is just 3D.

Makes sense by logic, though seems like it hasn't been explicitly mentioned therefore most users probably aren't gonna agree it's an infinite cardinal of axis

Makes sense by logic,
Please tag my man Deagonx and BestMGQ(Mr. Translator) and tell them.
though seems like it hasn't been explicitly mentioned therefore most users probably aren't gonna agree it's an infinite cardinal of axis
Actually, most people think it's infinite cardinal. It's just Deagon and friends ie, minorities that somehow think otherwise. Thanks btw

I can't find you responding to the currently accepted interpretation (which is based on a translation more similar to Executor's, but with dimensions instead of space) in the last page.

Can you (briefly if you want) directly address it here?

directions seems to me just a sampling path. Saying I cover all spaces and giving specific examples for the spaces it covers does not mean that it is limited to those examples. Often, simpler examples are given to make complex things easier to understand. I think that's the reason for this 3D direction bullshit. It's not because there are 3 directions, he just gave specific directions as examples to show that these spaces represent directions.

It's not because there are 3 directions, he just gave specific directions as examples to show that these spaces represent directions
But there are six gates and six directions. That's pretty obviously the amount.

But there are six gates and six directions. That's pretty obviously the amount.
Six directions for what Deagonx? What do you think the six doors represents? It represents all the directions of space in the universe. 3D doesn't even make sense. The planet is not even 3D. It's 6D, which means you can't even lowball the six doors below the planets. You are so hung up on the 3D stuff that you are refusing to see through the context.

Thank you for the correction. Six gates and six directions is very poetic.

I am waiting for my request, which I hope you will kindly fulfill to push the discussion forward.

sorry to ping you bro but can we stop acting like this doesn't exist? bro gave us very clear clarification on how it could be interpreted, and as far as I know, he is a very good and trustworthy translator. we shouldn't even be going back and forth about whether or not it's talking about spatial dimensions, because the raws clearly say otherwise
What I said is less about translation and more about what is common to see in works that deal with the metaphysical and abstract. It's very common to use mundane words to describe more than what the words themselves say.

And in regards to the translation itself, the text in very literal wording of course brings out the concept of "Space" as it's grounded in Japanese that comes from the Chinese translation of Buddhist texts with the meaning of "North, South, East, West, Above and Below" or "left and right, back and forth, up and down" which is their description for three-dimensional space just like their meaning for "Time" is "path from the past through the present into the future".

So just looking into what the kanji literally say, it's talking about the commonly described 3D space.

What I meant in mt previous comment is that it's perfectly possible to use that to describe a general idea of "all of space" without being 100% literal of just being 3D space. So what I said had nothing to do with translation itself, but an interpretation out of the text.

up down left right front back...

I find it more weird you think 6 doors represent infinite directions...
Yes because it literally says it represents all space in the universe. How about you check Abigail's profile and look at her justifications first before making me repeat the same thing over and over again.

It represents all the directions of space in the universe
Yes. The directions of up, down, left, right, forward, and backward. Three spatial dimensions.

3D doesn't even make sense. The planet is not even 3D. It's 6D, which means you can't even lowball the six doors below the planets
You're arguing the scan is contradicted by other evidence. That doesn't change what the scan says.

Yes because it literally says it represents all space in the universe. How about you check Abigail's profile and look at her justifications first before making me repeat the same thing over and over again.
Look at her objectively incorrect justification?

Why is the "currently accepted interpretation" being treated as gospel when this whole site revolves around changing what's "currently accepted interpretation"?

Please let us know @Deagonx when you reach an evaluation with the currently accepted interpretation.

For example, is it:
  1. Coherent
  2. Incoherent
The claim that those scans are High 1-B? I don't agree with that. But it hasn't been approved yet as it hasn't been determined as applying to anything

Why is the "currently accepted interpretation" being treated as gospel when this whole site revolves around changing what's "currently accepted interpretation"?
If you want to replace something, we should look at what is being replaced.

The claim that those scans are High 1-B? I don't agree with that. But it hasn't been approved yet as it hasn't been determined as applying to anything
No. I would appreciate doing your best to keep attention.

The position that: The directions of the gates aren't meant to represent 3 dimensions, just the six gates themselves.

Which is based on a translation similar to this:
The Six doors, up and down, left and right, front and back, all of space, that is what they mean.

No. I would appreciate doing your best to keep attention.
Then I'd appreciate an appropriate level of specificity when you ask me something. I'm replying to many people at once and I cannot read your mind, do you understand?

The position that: The directions of the gates aren't meant to represent 3 dimensions, just the six gates themselves.

Which is based on a translation similar to this:
To make such an argument you would need to believe it is a coincidence that it is six gates and six directions, which is not something I would agree with at all.

To make such an argument you would need to believe it is a coincidence that it is six gates and six directions, which is not something I would agree with at all.
As Executor explained in detail, it is regular symbology. There is no issue with coherency raised.

So let's compare the choices:
  1. Interpretation that is consist with and fits other information on the existence of higher dimensions.
  2. Interpretation that is inconsistent with other information on the existence of higher dimensions.

Would you say the first one is preferable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back