• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Still doesn't change the fact that he ain't the only one.
Sure, but knowledgeable members should be allowed to comment.

Kara no Kyoukai clears any of Masada's writing. The philosophy in it alone trumps anything Masada ever wrote. I tried getting into Kajiri Kamui Kagura but I couldn't at all. Dies Iries has too many mistranslations for me to even trust what I'm getting myself into.
Textures are one of the best things about Nasu's cosmology. FGO is great.
If you haven’t read DI, then I feel that talking about it’s philosophies a compared to other novels is disingenuous. Kara no Kyoukai is interesting and great as a novel, but DI’s better by a large margin. I’d say something like Tsukihime, Mahoyo, and FSN would be a better comparison.

As for Kajiri, it starts off a bit weird, but it ends up getting good pretty quickly. It delves into a lot of Eastern philosophy and into ideas of egoism, altruism, and more

If you haven’t read DI, then I feel that talking about it’s philosophies a compared to other novels is disingenuous. Kara no Kyoukai is interesting and great as a novel, but DI’s better by a large margin. I’d say something like Tsukihime, Mahoyo, and FSN would be a better comparison.
I think Kara no Kyoukai is the greatest piece of Eastern philosophical piece of fiction ever created. I don't see anything toping Nasu's philosophical writing. And I think it has way better philosophy than Fate or Tsukihime or Mahoyo.

I think Kara no Kyoukai is the greatest piece of Eastern philosophical piece of fiction ever created. I don't see anything toping Nasu's philosophical writing. And I think it has way better philosophy than Fate or Tsukihime or Mahoyo.
I don’t think philosophy makes a work better. As for its philosophy. It was fine. DI was more interesting but that’s more cause I find more intrigue in Nietzschean ideas than what Kara no Kyoukai delves into. Doesn’t hurt that DI has better t characters than the majority of Nasuverse

Doesn’t hurt that DI has better t characters than the majority of Nasuverse
I can forgive you for every other thing you said but don't even think of comparing Masada to Nasu I'm terms of characters ever. This is blasphemy! Nasuverse absolutely murders almost all of anime when it comes to characters.

I can forgive you for every other thing you said but don't even think of comparing Masada to Nasu I'm terms of characters ever. This is blasphemy! Nasuverse absolutely murders almost all of anime when it comes to characters.
Not carrying the discussion much further, but read all the works first before making claims like this. Besides, I can still name at least 10 different anime characters above all of Nasuverse in writing.

But enough of this weird size comparison thing. How would you rate the different Nasuverse works you’ve read out of 10?

Not carrying the discussion much further, but read all the works first before making claims like this. Besides, I can still name at least 10 different anime characters above all of Nasuverse in writing.
They dont exist.
But enough of this weird size comparison thing. How would you rate the different Nasuverse works you’ve read out of 10?
Kara no Kyoukai- 100/10
Tsukihime- 10/10
Fate Zero- 10/10
F/SN- 7/10
Realta Nua version- 9/10
Fate Hollow Ataraxia- 7/10
Angel Notes- Haven't read
Mahoyo- 8/10
FGO- Haven't finished playing but 8/10
Fate Strange Fake- 9/10
F/Heaven's feel- Only watched the movies. 10/10
Fate Kaleid- Never and might never watch it.
Carnival Phantasm- 5/10
Fate extra/CCC- 6-7/10
Fate extra last encore- 2/10(It's so bad)
Fate Apocrypha- 7.5/10(the ost's were so peak)

The first few singularities drag it down. Even the worst of the Lostbelts don't get that dull.

Don't forget the sound design in general.

Karna vs Sieg is one of my favourite fights mostly for that. Vasavi Shakti was so damn well done.

Plus the effects (while over the top for some) were so good at emphasising the scale.

They dont exist.

Kara no Kyoukai- 100/10
Tsukihime- 10/10
Fate Zero- 10/10
F/SN- 7/10
Realta Nua version- 9/10
Fate Hollow Ataraxia- 7/10
Angel Notes- Haven't read
Mahoyo- 8/10
Fate Strange Fake- 9/10
F/Heaven's feel- Only watched the movies. 10/10
Fate Kaleid- Never and might never watch it.
Carnival Phantasm- 5/10
Fate extra/CCC- 6-7/10
Fate extra last encore- 2/10(It's so bad)
Lots of ratings I probably wouldn’t agree with. FSN being a 7 seems wrong but it’s pacing was atrocious. Kara no Kyoukai was like a 7.5 imo. Good in its thematics, great even but its character left a bit to be desired.

FSN: 8.5
Fate Zero: 9
Tsukihime: 9.5
Kara no Kyoukai: 7.5
RN version: 8.5
FHA: 7
Angel Notes: 6
Mahoyo: 8.5
FSF: 8
Heaven’s Feel: 6 (9 for the movies)
Kaleid: 6
Carnival Phantasm: 6
CCC: 6
FELA: 3
FA: 7

As for that first part, guys like Johan Liebert are better than literally every character in Nasuverse. He’s arguably better than every VN character

Seeing as you put your stuff in, l’ll just out my Shinza ratings cause we’ve been on that topic

Dies Irae: 9.5
K3: 9
Ikabey: 10
Paradise Lost: 7.5
Avesta: 9

Ryougi Shiki, Artoria, Kiritsugu, Archer, Kirei, Amakusa Shirou Tohkisada>Johan Liebert
Respectfully, you’re just objectively wrong. Like, on every possible level. The only one you could remotely compare to him would be Kirei or Shiki and even that’s a stretch.

I’ll say it again, I don’t think there’s a single VN character that’s better than him. Even the ones that are around his level like Beatrice, Mercurius, Kirei, Morgana, etc. aren’t actually better.

Respectfully, you’re just objectively wrong. Like, on every possible level. The only one you could remotely compare to him would be Kirei or Shiki and even that’s a stretch.

I’ll say it again, I don’t think there’s a single VN character that’s better than him. Even the ones that are around his level like Beatrice, Mercurius, Kirei, Morgana, etc. aren’t actually better.
Well, that's your opinion, but I disagree.

Well, that's your opinion, but I disagree.
Sure that’s fine. I went a bit too far saying you were objectively wrong. You’re entitled to your opinion. Though I’ve never really seen a whole lot to convince me that any of the characters you named are remotely close to Johan apart from Kirei

For people who argue that Zeus used his full power vs Kirschtaria Ideal Magecraft, does anyone have some reason?
It just doesn't add up. It not only makes no sense for him to use his full power, but when he actually does so vs we, chaldeans, it's put as such a big deal/Souls he incinerate will go byebye/World is ******.

For people who argue that Zeus used his full power vs Kirschtaria Ideal Magecraft, does anyone have some reason?
It just doesn't add up. It not only makes no sense for him to use his full power, but when he actually does so vs we, chaldeans, it's put as such a big deal/Souls he incinerate will go byebye/World is ******.
The translation outright says that Zeus wasn't at full power when they fought (though he tried to power up before Wodime could hit him, but it was too late), and I assume that the original says the same.

Kinda a shame we never actually got to see Zeus go beyond 35%.

The translation outright says that Zeus wasn't at full power when they fought (though he tried to power up before Wodime could hit him, but it was too late), and I assume that the original says the same.

Kinda a shame we never actually got to see Zeus go beyond 35%.
Yes, but I've seen more than a couple people arguing that Kirsch vs Zeus was "full power Zeus"...

Yes, but I've seen more than a couple people arguing that Kirsch vs Zeus was "full power Zeus"...
That doesn’t make sense in anyway as even Kirsch himself admits that he went in to shock Zeus and make sure Zeus underestimated him massively until it was too late to actually get any bit Serious and that he inly won because Zeus’ pride stopped him from going seriously on a human.

Back