• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It’s for the reasons I laid out, it requires actual proof that they work in the same way and scale above the same cosmology which you wouldn’t be able to prove
Nasu says big "No!" to any detailed description. Only implying that by "without being aware of it's boundaries"

Nasu says big "No!" to any detailed description
Excellent. Very nice. Now all we need is for Nasu to accidentally screw over his cosmology because of his vague writing style.

On a separate note, FSN at its best is the best thing Nasu has ever written and I will die on that hill

Excellent. Very nice. Now all we need is for Nasu to accidentally screw over his cosmology because of his vague writing style.

On a separate note, FSN at its best is the best thing Nasu has ever written and I will die on that hill
don't remind me. I am still pissed at nasu for downplaying hindu mythology

There's no reason for him to do that. Kinoko Nasu isn't dumb. He's well aware of his characters and cosmology. Especially something as crucial as the root.
u know that he's Lovecraft's fan? And nothing stops him from say that Outer Gods really from another verse soooo

u know that he's Lovecraft's fan? And nothing stops him from say that Outer Gods really from another verse soooo
I literally said Lovecraft is from another verse but within Nasuverse still based on the root.

But Theoretical has brought up some points disproving Yog being from Cthulhu Mythos so I'm no longer 100% sure Yog in Nasuverse is the same as the one from Cthulhu

But Theoretical has brought up some points disproving Yog being from Cthulhu Mythos so I'm no longer 100% sure Yog in Nasuverse is the same as the one from Cthulhu
Actually for proving cross-verse all that we need is 1) statement directly from Nasu himself or 2) more info 'bout Outer Gods and Outer Universe cosmology

As I understood this thread was about to give characters Low 1-A without physical presence of infinite dimensions
No. It was about to downgrade any verse that's currently 1A without an existing uncountable infinite dimensions mentioned in it. The justifications for the downgrade were ass indeed but DT kept defending it while Ultima and apparently Agnaa are against it. But Deagonx for some reason is trying hard to conclude the crt when it hasn't even reached the end which is making other staffs kinda angry now.

No. It was about to downgrade any verse that's currently 1A without an existing uncountable infinite dimensions mentioned in it. The justifications for the downgrade were ass indeed but DT kept defending it while Ultima and apparently Agnaa are against it. But Deagonx for some reason is trying hard to conclude the crt when it hasn't even reached the end which is making other staffs kinda angry now.
NASUVERSE DOWNGRADE????

Well, he's wrong. Imaginary scrambles, etc all disprove that.
As DT claims by that
To summarize the regulations if we accept them with the Low 1-A option (definitely need to improve the wording of those later):
  • Statements such as being "above dimensions" are, if sufficient evidence of qualitative superiority is given, ranked as 1 level of infinity above the amount of (tiering-applicable) dimensions we know to exist in the verse.
  • Statements such as being "above all possible dimensions" need to be evaluated in detail to tell what "possible" refers to.
    • If there is no explanation given, we default to not more than were in some way mentioned (the mention does not have to be that they actually exist, but just that they could) or one more than that if it's clear that there are more possible than existing. If cardinals many things (points, objects dimensions) are mentioned to exist, we can default to the level of dimensions such a cardinality would at minimum require.
    • If "possible" is clarified to mean dimensions that can be modelled by some system of mathematics, and said system is known to be able to model higher dimensional spaces, we assume at least all finite dimensions would reasonably be included and a character with qualitative superiority over them would hence be Low 1-A. [I think as far as extrapolation is concerned, this is a reasonable compromise based on what I discussed with Agnaa]
    • In other cases one one has to evaluate case-by-case what can be extrapolated relatively directly from what the verse has stated. E.g. if the verse has stated that for all dimensions there are, one could always, at any time, add one more, then it is reasonable to conclude that all possible dimensions include at least any finite amount and being qualitatively superior to that would hence result in Low 1-A ratings once more.
  • Similar rules also apply for hierarchies above Low 1-A. I.e. a character above all (possible) dimensions on a 1-A level will likewise be rated as one level of infinity higher than what the largest dimensional thing in the verse is, if there is no further explanation. Of course, if a verse actually uses a hierarchy of cardinals and a character is mentioned to be above all (possible) such things, then they still get High 1-A.
  • Those standards generalize to composite hierarchies. I.e. being qualitatively superior to all levels of reality or levels of infinity is evaluated as being one level of infinity higher than the biggest such thing that is known to exist in the verse. Being qualitatively superior to all possible levels of reality or levels of infinity is evaluated to be one level higher than the greatest level indicated to possibly exist or that can be extrapolated to possibly exist relatively directly from what the verse stated. Note that there is no analogy to assuming all finite dimensions are included in possible dimensions, for a system of mathematics that covers higher dimensions, when it comes to composite hierarchies. That is because for things like reality-fiction differences, stages of cultivations, planes of reality in which lower planes appear as small objects or similar the difference is not entirely logical in nature, but subject to the verse's internal rules for such supernatural things. As such a verse has to specify those rules in a way that makes it clear that infinite levels are definitely possible before similar extrapolation can be done. To list a few examples:
    • Character A is qualitatively superior to all possible stories. The verse tells us that all stories that can be expressed in words and are not paradoxical are possible. It also mentions that a story with infinite levels of qualitative superiority could exist. Then Character A would be Low 1-A based on that.
    • In a verse, there are 20 stages of cultivation and an unknown amount of more after that. The first one is Tier 7 and each subsequent one is qualitatively superior to the last. Character A is above all possible stages of cultivation and some truly unknowable entity from the perspective of those who are within them, but the verse doesn't specify in any way how many stages of cultivation are possible. As such the character would be ranked as Tier 1-B.
Nasuverse's Yog should be Low 1-A

There's no reason for him to do that. Kinoko Nasu isn't dumb. He's well aware of his characters and cosmology. Especially something as crucial as the root.
The Root isn’t all that crucial though. It’s the creator of everything but you’re making it seem like Nasu is some sort of super uber philosopher when that simply isn’t true

The Root isn’t all that crucial though. It’s the creator of everything but you’re making it seem like Nasu is some sort of super uber philosopher when that simply isn’t true
Based on the amount of emphasis he placed on the root's existence and characteristics, I'm pretty sure Nasu would try his best to avoid possible retcons to it.

Back