• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Where is that from?

This shit reeks of Chuuni syndrome
"Infinity is not "". In order to render infinity, one must define limits. Without limits, infinity does not exist. Infinity can be observed because objects possess limits. Ryougi Shiki was immersed in infinity, but found the non-existent limit and severed it.

Of course, limits do not exist within infinity, thus one cannot sever something that does not exist. As a result, escaping from this prison is impossible.

However --- without limits, infinity does not exist. Regardless if a finite wall existed, an limitless world is meaningless before Ryougi Shiki.

If there is no limit, then it is not infinity, but " ". If limits exist, then Rougi would find it and cut away everything.

So..i have a question for this part.
According to a japanese reader i know, the context was
And what is being explained here is that all things in creation can be killed. They have an end. Even something that is infinite in some capacity is not invulnerable or even eternal (aka will always exist forever). The only thing that will absolutely exist forever and cannot be destroyed is The Root itself. It is basically saying that no matter what it is, Ryougi's MEoDP can kill anything in creation, whether it be something finite or infinite in some capacity. She proceeds to kill that reality IIRC and escape to face Araya again.

Is that accurate?

Damn bro I guess the Tao (and the root) really do contain absolute infinity
The essence of the infinite mystical power of the Tao of Heaven is absolute infinity, because its essence is "nothing" (nothing is also infinite), and all matter, energy, time, space, cause and effect, laws, etc., do not exist here. In other words, the absolute infinity of the infinite mysteries of the Tao of Heaven is the source of infinite thinking, from which all metaphysical and metaphysical phenomena originate.

The infinite profound righteousness of the Dao of Heaven is truly absolute and infinite, and its essence is "nothing". And only "nothing" is truly absolute infinity. Therefore, the infinity of the infinite profound righteousness of the Heavenly Dao is the real infinity. In the infiniteness of the infinite profound righteousness of the Heavenly Dao, a non-existent zero point is randomly created, and inside there are infinite infinite dimensions of infinite infinity. And in a certain infinite dimension, when you can divide the matter infinitely to the point of non-existence, you can return to the infinite profound righteousness of the heavenly way, which is absolutely infinite but "there is nothing".

The infinite mystical power of heaven controls absolutely infinite, can create the world absolutely, obliterate everything, ignore time and space, cause and effect, concept, definition, logic, law, eternity, origin, boundary, imaginary number, meaning, relative and absolute, concrete and abstract, matter and Consciousness, existence and non-existence, and everything else, is the true superpower. Its ultimate infinity is the representative of everything in the universe, the sum total of everything. It transcends the infinite almighty universes, the so-called transcendental realm itself, and it is the concrete phenomenon of the sum total of all the infinite almighty universes.

"Infinity is not "". In order to render infinity, one must define limits. Without limits, infinity does not exist. Infinity can be observed because objects possess limits. Ryougi Shiki was immersed in infinity, but found the non-existent limit and severed it.

Of course, limits do not exist within infinity, thus one cannot sever something that does not exist. As a result, escaping from this prison is impossible.

However --- without limits, infinity does not exist. Regardless if a finite wall existed, an limitless world is meaningless before Ryougi Shiki.

If there is no limit, then it is not infinity, but " ". If limits exist, then Rougi would find it and cut away everything.

So..i have a question for this part.
According to a japanese reader i know, the context was
And what is being explained here is that all things in creation can be killed. They have an end. Even something that is infinite in some capacity is not invulnerable or even eternal (aka will always exist forever). The only thing that will absolutely exist forever and cannot be destroyed is The Root itself. It is basically saying that no matter what it is, Ryougi's MEoDP can kill anything in creation, whether it be something finite or infinite in some capacity. She proceeds to kill that reality IIRC and escape to face Araya again.

Is that accurate?

Yeah, you could say that. If I had to use some external comparison, the root is basically equivalent to potentiality itself - 100% potential, 0% manifested/"real", and as such, isn't manifest. Anything that manifests, in this manifestation has a beginning and an end at the same time, and now in-verse, that beginning and end is the limit that defines whatever the thing manifested is.

Damn bro I guess the Tao (and the root) really do contain absolute infinity
It's a question of "meta"-hierarchy, in a way.

In Dao, the absolute infinity is, truly, one. The idea that mere unlimited quantity (or, in KNK, infinity as bounded and many) would be above "Nothing" (unbounded while one) is, not only in Daoism, but in Eastern philosophy, in general, absurd.

To us, in the west, heavily influenced by Greek and Latin philosophy, the opposite would seen more likely.

So, what you call absolute infinity, the concept, would probably be seen as absolute one. The idea that different languages and cultures have to use the exact same language to described completly abstract concepts is weird, to me at least.

Last edited:
The idea that different languages and cultures have to use the exact same language to described completly abstract concepts is weird, to me at least.
This is exactly why I get pissed at those who claim Negative Theology scaling to Tier 0 is a NLF or compare it to omnipotence because of this very reason. Negative theology has a very detailed explanation and philosophy about its existence even more than so many Mathematical terms used on this site. So downplaying it to the same way omnipotence is treated here because of how vague omnipotence is, is absolutely wild.

The Root being the Seat of God is simply an analogy to say that whoever possesses its power can do anything upon reality and basically becomes "God" itself.

I meant that Solomon's story claims that God gave him 10 rings. Does it mean that God is something... Metaphysical that exist? Or the Root itself gave Solomon this 10 rings
Idk. It's an assumption but the Root might have a will on its own ? Or was it just a legend and he got them by another way ?

I'm beginning to think the Outer Gods in Fgo were directly gotten from Cthulhu Mythos. They arent Outer gods from Fate/Nasuverse. The reason is because it was specifically mentioned that they were derived from the popular fictional Mythos. Unlike other myths or legends that exists in the verse, Outer gods are the only one directly referenced to anorher fictional story aka the Lovecraftian stories.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think the Outer Gods in Fgo were directly gotten from Cthulhu Mythos. They arent Outer gods from Fate/Nasuverse. The reason is because it was specifically mentioned that they were derived from the popular fictional Mythos. Unlike other myths or legends thay exists in the verse, Outer gods are the only one directly referenced to the Lovecraftian stories.
I agree with scaling Yog-Sothoth to tier 0.

That is what I'm saying. Nasuverse doesn't have any Yog. The Yog-Sothoth in Nasuverse is directly from Cthulhu Mythos. I think we've been getting everything about Salem wrong.
I have already said this many times. This is exactly the reason why Raum so referred to the Outer Gods at the beginning of Salem: he literally noted that these entities are literally from another universe that has nothing to do with their own at all

And this is also the reason why there is a misunderstanding on this wiki about the Root and the Yog. If we take into account that they exist in the same fictional universe, then this is really extremely stupid, since the Root is the source of all existence, but at the same time there is a kind of tentacle that contains everything. But if we believe that these characters are from different fictional universes, then everything falls into place.

Exactly.
I have already said this many times. This is exactly the reason why Raum so referred to the Outer Gods at the beginning of Salem: he literally noted that these entities are literally from another universe that has nothing to do with their own at all
And this is also the reason why there is a misunderstanding on this wiki about the Root and the Yog. If we take into account that they exist in the same fictional universe, then this is really extremely stupid, since the Root is the source of all existence, but at the same time there is a kind of tentacle that contains everything. But if we believe that these characters are from different fictional universes, then everything falls into place.
There's no reason why we shouldn't scale Yog-Sothoth to OG one if they are exactly the same.

It is also worth noting that this situation is suitable for a case that is described as using characters from one verse in another, since the copyright on Lovecraft's characters has expired, which is why Nasu can safely use them. At the same time, it was repeatedly noted in F/GO itself that the characters called Outer Gods are from a completely different universe, the basic foundations of which are the opposite of those in the Nasuverse

Doesn't that make them the same?
No, because it is incorrect to call them the same. They would be the same if they were different characters. But since the Nasuverse uses the verse Cthulhu Mythos, it's just worth referring to the original.
In addition, I would also like to note that Lovecraft's works in Nasuverse, according to Raum, although fictional, describe the Outer Universe (verse of the Cthulhu Mythos)
SArYlJG.jpeg
aELZitP.jpeg

It is also worth noting that this situation is suitable for a case that is described as using characters from one verse in another, since the copyright on Lovecraft's characters has expired, which is why Nasu can safely use them. At the same time, it was repeatedly noted in F/GO itself that the characters called Outer Gods are from a completely different universe, the basic foundations of which are the opposite of those in the Nasuverse
does that mean Yog is not originated form the root?

Back