• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe currently on her page it's treated as Invulnerability for some reason?
As in, the description in her Notable Attacks/Techniques section links to Invuln, but that isn't listed in her P&A section? I meant to bring that up before but I forgot.

Unfortunately the exact description of the Nothingness skill is very vague, except that it's a counterpart to Suigetsu. But Yagyu hasn't been discussed nearly as thoroughly as Musashi so idk how we evaluate that.
why not both? invul and type 2 NEP.

actually nothingness already exists in the profile, I just want to justify that it's the nothingness of type 2

Mkay. I can't see anything that necessarily disproves it, I just am not super familiar with how NEP works.

A part of me feels like with everything Musashi is getting, it also warrants a reevaluation of Raikou, Yagyu, and Kojiro for also interacting with her abilities during that event.

Mkay. I can't see anything that necessarily disproves it, I just am not super familiar with how NEP works.

A part of me feels like with everything Musashi is getting, it also warrants a reevaluation of Raikou, Yagyu, and Kojiro for also interacting with her abilities during that event.
servants can interact with Type 2 NEP. nothing surprising if any servants can interact with musashi.

Last edited:
Okay. What Crimson has accepted can probably be applied then, if there are no serious objections from others here.

I am not sure if he has the time to do so.

About Selective Incorporeality
Being incorporeal is very different than Intangibility, as an intangible being's body is their true body, it just can't be affected by conventional physical forces. A incorporeal being does not usually have any kind of concrete, defined form, and can appear in many different forms if they wish, though the destruction of these bodies is of little relevance to the entity behind them.
Servants literally contradict all of those. Even the initial part of the definition is only a very loose fit, at best.

kiara's empathic manipulation is passive, she passively uses her existence to manipulate people without her realizing it, and when in fate/extra ccc all servants and spiritron hackers are not affected by empathic manipulation when dealing with her.

I'll add more explanation if it's confusing.
Fine now; mentioning such and such characters were not affected is sufficient.

when the version of the other self is destroyed, the other body will not be affected by the destruction caused by the paradox tho, does limited acausality type 3 sound all right?
There is no paradox though. An inferior clone without higher dimension is created from the Heroic Spirit composite and summoned in some universe, and the clone dies.
Still doesn't make sense even with limited.

when the servant is in a spiritual state, other servants cannot harm this servant even though the servants have spiritual attack abilities
Not really. Servants repeatedly demonstrated the ability to strike ghosts in their physical form, and ghosts have little to non-existant ability to interact with the physical world and vice-versa without possessing a physical body.

According to strange/Fake, Servants can't take offensive or defensive measures in Spirit Form, and that rematerializing for battle is a must.
A Servant in spirit form was incapable of taking any offensive or defensive measures. If a Master or other mage possessed the means of attacking a spirit body, they ran the risk of being one-sidedly annihilated. Consequently, remaining in spirit form around hostile Servants and Masters was not a winning strategy. The moment required to rematerialize could also create a fatal opening in a battle of instants.
So no spiritual attacks. If they become invulnerable to other Servants in Spirit Form this would be a great defensive measure, and we would've seen a bunch of cowardly Servants abusing this.

As I said previously, I agree with this thread, but what avout NEP, is it accepted?

Personally I find NEP 2 valid.

About Selective Incorporeality

Servants literally contradict all of those. Even the initial part of the definition is only a very loose fit, at best.
as said by crimson, this part is not accepted.
There is no paradox though. An inferior clone without higher dimension is created from the Heroic Spirit composite and summoned in some universe, and the clone dies.
Still doesn't make sense even with limited.
yes, I think so too, it's not enough to qualify for type 3 acausality. so this is not accepted.
Not really. Servants repeatedly demonstrated the ability to strike ghosts in their physical form, and ghosts have little to non-existant ability to interact with the physical world and vice-versa without possessing a physical body.
Like before, this is not accepted.
As I said previously, I agree with this thread, but what avout NEP, is it accepted?

Personally I find NEP 2 valid.
NEP 2 was accepted.

maybe I'll try to edit myself for some parts. if anyone wants to help then i would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Link is error, I can't see the picture you sent

So what's your point?
Sorry let me try again

link to image that hopefully works

Expanding on this - this ''Void'' is not the the ''Void'' that sometimes is associated with Hollow/Imaginary Numbers/''possible but not in the physical plane'', but the Void as in the Fifth Element, as in Emptiness that is used to describe the Root/Akashic Records.

A Servant in spirit form was incapable of taking any offensive or defensive measures. ...
So no spiritual attacks. If they become invulnerable to other Servants in Spirit Form this would be a great defensive measure, and we would've seen a bunch of cowardly Servants abusing this.

This may be interpreted incorrectly, though. Servants in their Spirit Bodies could affect physical objects as far as original FSN, so to say INCAPABLE of offensive measures is incorrect if taken literally. If interpreted in a context of a servant vs servant fight, it would be acceptable, though. The fact defensive measures against physical interference are useless (unless the ''physical interference'' came from Servants or spiritual rank beings) should be noted, and it's awkward to question if a Master/Mage possesses the means of attacking a spirit body, given Reinforcement, for example, is defined as the basis of any Magecraft, and the ability to shot magical energy as it is, without real manipulation exists.

when the servant is in a spiritual state, other servants cannot harm this servant even though the servants have spiritual attack abilities

Servants are, in the end, magical energy even if said energy is given physicality as in the Material Body. Spiritua Beings cannot go through magical energy ''laced/imbued'' things, a.k.a. the Material Body of Servants can affect Spiritual Beings as an intrinsic quality - even if as Material Bodies, they have ''Spiritual Rank''. Servants as Spiritual Bodies are still Spiritual Beings, and the effect follows. Ghosts are literally one of the lowest classes of Spiritual Beings, and any type of magical energy could do short work of it.

If by ''Spiritual Attacks'' you mean attacks that can affect Spiritual Bodies and Beings, everything a Servant does is such. It's the ''right'' of a Servant to do so, to even through physical interference, affect spiritual bodies.

And I would like to ask when/where such a case where a Servant as Material Body couldn't harm another Servant because he was as Spiritual Body took place.

Last edited:
Expanding on this - this ''Void'' is not the the ''Void'' that sometimes is associated with Hollow/Imaginary Numbers/''possible but not in the physical plane'', but the Void as in the Fifth Element, as in Emptiness that is used to describe the Root/Akashic Records.

Indeed. I personally am inclined to theorize that the Nothingness skill may actually be a form of very powerful Clairvoyance based on this description. Until we get more information on it, it remains vague, but Suigetsu's statements of "the water that sees and reflects all of creation" are used in the context of the user being hyper-aware of the battlefield and every possibility created within it, thus being able to counter and defend against anything.
Which should be on his page.
Thus I would argue that Nothingness/Voidless being compared to it as "the unreachable sky that oversees all of creation" implies it being a similar ability, especially since even the limited Suigetsu possessed by Yagyu during Shimosa would have allowed him to completely stomp Musashi, requiring her to gain her ability to create entirely new possibilities just to be able to properly fight him.

Unfortunately, as with many things about the interactions between the abilities of the Sword Saints, the descriptions remain very vague and flowery.

Can you write all of the profile page titles in the EXACT same manner that they are written in the wiki, so my automated script can unlock them all in one go, please? Links are not necessary.

Can you write all of the profile page titles in the EXACT same manner that they are written in the wiki, so my automated script can unlock them all in one go, please? Links are not necessary.
Okay then.

Tiamat (Fate)

Saber (Musashi Miyamoto)

Gilgamesh (Fate Series)

Goetia

Kiara Sessyoin

Saber (Fate/stay night)

Servant Physiology

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I have unlocked the pages. Tell me here when you are done.

i have edited the tiamat and gilgamesh parts, does it looks fine?
if yes then i will continue the other part later.

Edit: also goetia and servant physiology was edited

Last edited:
If you link to the edits here, I can check if they seem fine.

Edit: Never mind. I will check.

It mostly looked good, except for a few grammar problems:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back