• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: Minato's speed

After giving it a quick look over, I think it should be alright.

What's the controversy about? If A's fist was a mere inch away from Minato's nose before he was able to move out of the way, then I think it should be legit.

Well, to me it seems more likely that Minato started reacting at the distance shown in the preceding panel.

Only if it is necessary, and the feat happened the exact same way in both continuities.

The controversy is because the databook entry I used to prove A was lightning-fast was mistranslated.

I don't see a problem with using our own lightning speed, though. A should scale above Kirin, which, disregarding calcs, is real lightning as per Zetsu's own words.

Also, the result is just a little above the current Sub-Relativistic calculation, and only a handful of people (Juubito and above) would scale. So it's not like it's an outlier.

The original calc is invalid since Raikage did indeed make contact with Minato's nose, given the scratch marks on his nose in the art (along with the actual distance between the two being wrong as well), but a better calculation would be to calculate the feat where he throws his kunai.

he didnt touch him

Next panel there is nothing on minatos nose its just a way they drew it

i know its staff only and apologize for it but just thought it had to be mentioned

The fist is slightly angled towards us, not perfectly perpendicular to the screen. There is a bit more distance between the tip of the knuckles and Minato's nose as a result. Just going to throw that out there.

@Perp

It's more angled in the anime than the manga. Given the angle it looks like Raikage would've striked his nose between his middle finger and index finger. In the manga however he's almost if not 100% perpendicular, so even if the case was made that Minato teleported from such a infinitesimal distance, we still couldn't use it, as I've outlined.

@Kep

Minato24
We can agree he started reacting here. Using your head measurement of 0.23893333333m, the distance here is 0.072m. The problem was that we couldn't use literal lightning speed Raikage, and using his speed scaling result from Sasuke's Kirin is calc stacking I believe. Whatever speed we use gets divided by the new distance.

Back