• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Really Smart Ig (Naruto Intelligence Rework)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late Christmas Present for Naruto fans.

Introduction:​

I plan on proving that Naruto should gain a separate intelligence rating through his understanding of nature, and the “tiering” of said rating should be Extraordinary Genius under our standards.

Defining Terms:​

Before delving into the evidence for this rating, I wish to first define the terms we’re using; in specific, the term “Extraordinary Genius” and the qualifiers needed to achieve this level of intelligence.

Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits. At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers, and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.

Here’s the general understanding of what Extraordinary Genius is, and some examples it provides. In summary, for Extraordinary Genius, you need to basically possess intelligence vastly superior to the human upper limits of intelligence. This can be shown through feats like creating “extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers etc.” Or being stated objectively more intelligent than people who are capable of doing such feats.

A common misconception I have seen with Extraordinary Genius; including even lesser intelligence ratings. Is that these ratings are only specifically for technological or scientific feats. While feats of “S.T.E.M” related fields are the most common when dealing with higher level intelligence ratings. It isn’t the only way to attain these levels. It’s possible, through means like combative ability, strategic intelligence, universal understanding and application etc etcetera. To gain the intelligence of an Extraordinary Genius or higher.

So with our terms explained and potential, semantic disagreements with what qualifies for Extraordinary Genius dealt with, let’s actually get into the meat and potatoes of this thread; the evidence.

Foundation:​

The foundation of this thread is based on some statements made by the databook about the capabilities of Naruto’s Six Paths Sage Mode.

From the ancestor of shinobi, a divine state is gifted, touching the principles of all creation, commanding all things in nature

The qualities for obtaining this technique are strict studying and using a small gist in chakra kneading sensibility. An iron faith to face any hardship and the guts to never give up. Furthermore, the returning incarnation and fate’s guidance ― this power is granted by the Sage of Six Paths only to someone who holds those. Those who activate the technique come to understand the flow of all life, gain a deep insight at the world’s origins and are able to apply it on interacting allies without changing the way of things. This technique isn’t something shinobi choose to experience. It is a technique that chooses shinobi.

As explained by the text, what Six Paths Sage Mode does is grant understanding and command over “all things in nature” by giving the user a complete understanding of the flow of all life and deep insight into the world’s origins. This knowledge is sewn deep into the consciousness of the user as they’re capable of instantly applying its effects without issue, despite the fact they’ve only recently achieved the form.

So, what this shows is that the transformation provides an incredibly expansive and deep knowledge of nature instantly to the user. It’s implied this overwhelming knowledge expands to “all creation”, a common metaphor for the world/universe. It might be assumed this statement is entirely hyperbolic and unsupported by feats. However, that assertion requires actual contradictory evidence given a consistent narrative of Naruto not only gaining an incredible scope of understanding with his sensory abilities; but also him using these newly acquired abilities instantly, and with great effectiveness. Since the veracity of this statement is mostly beholden to the supporting feats, let’s delve into them.

Main Evidence:​

One of the biggest supporting evidential points is that, directly after Naruto gained the Six Paths Sage Mode transformation, he stopped Might Guy’s fading life after he activated the Eight Gate of Death, which causes the user to eventually die by burning away their life-force and reducing them to ashes. He did this by restoring and stopping the destruction of his chakra supply. It’s important to note that chakra within Naruto is representative of one’s life-force, with the act of completely running out of one’s chakra causing death. He then proceeds to do incredibly impressive stem-cell surgery on Kakashi’s destroyed eye by removing a piece from his body and reconstructing it, perfectly recreating his normal eye’s appearance and visual capabilities.

This blatantly shows an incredible understanding and aptitude by Naruto about the biological body and its sources of energy after achieving this form.

Another important piece of evidence is that Naruto perfectly demonstrated the powers of Yin-Yang Release despite only recently receiving both releases. It shows that Naruto’s knowledge of the releases are intrinsic after achieving this transformation, further bolstering the idea that Naruto does in-fact gain a deep understanding of all things in nature, and the flow of energy which they abide by. As he’s capable of perfectly understanding and using nature transformations that bring forth creation from naught, and breathe life into these creations.

Lastly, it’s stated that those who wield Truth Seeking Orbs have access to all “truth” in all things. Supporting the claim that SPSM, which is the transformation that allows Naruto to access TSO’s, actually does provide immense knowledge and understanding of a vast scope of things.

This knowledge is used for incredibly intricate things, like crafting TSO’s that require the combination of all five nature transformations alongside Yin-Yang Release; a process that hasn’t been achieved since the Sage of Six Paths; even Extraordinary Geniuses within Naruto are incapable of mastering all seven needed transformations despite decades of practice.

Supplemental Evidence:​

For additional, supplemental evidence; Naruto was capable of sensing the chakra signatures of Madara’s Limbo Clones after achieving the Six Paths Sage Mode transformation. This is important when discussing the range of Naruto’s understanding of life, and nature in general. As Limbo Clones reside in an entirely separate dimension, spatially disconnected from the regular Naruto universe.

It shows that Naruto’s sensing capabilities have exceeded just regular universal sensing, and has reached into entirely separate dimensions. Supporting the claim that Naruto's sensing has reached far throughout the world's structure, and has granted him a level of understanding that's capable of understanding, sensing, and interacting with chakra-based entities that reside in separate dimensions.

Lastly, Naruto is also stated to attain knowledge and control of chakra that’s vastly above Minato’s ability to understand and control chakra. With Minato being considered a consummate genius when it comes to the ninja ways, including manipulating, understanding, and effectively utilizing chakra.

Conclusions:​

In conclusion, Naruto’s evidence for Extraordinary Genius is:
  • A direct statement of him understanding all life within creation, one that’s without current contradiction.

• A collection of feats by Naruto of him using this understanding of “life” to perform actions that are impossible to attain, much less successfully complete with the amount of time Naruto had, with our current understanding of “life”, the biological body and our technological capabilities.

• Supporting evidence that shows Naruto’s understanding is outside the confines of normal perception, even among empowered ninja’s with supernatural sensing capabilities. Allowing him to sense entities in entirely separate dimensions by their life-force alone. He also possesses understanding and usability above consummate geniuses in the field of utilizing chakra to its fullest extents.
I believe with the evidence and argumentation I provided, Naruto should receive Extraordinary Genius intellect with his understanding of nature, and the properties which are tied with said nature. Such as life-force, general existing life, the biological body etc.

(This also should extent to characters with similar sensing capabilities as SPSM Naruto, such as Hagoromo)

Voting:​

Agree - @UchihaSlayer96 (AKA Uchussy Slussy 69 beelips), @LordTracer, @DarkDragonMedeus, @LordGriffin1000, @Damage3245 (Agrees with Genius more, but is fine with Extraordinary Genius if he's outvoted)

Disagree -

Neutral -

Last edited:
image.png

I don't disagree but the thing is with this is that Naruto basically can't say any of this in words, though he understands the process himself, and this probably applies to basically all of that knowledge he gained

I don't disagree but the thing is with this is that Naruto basically can't say any of this in words, though he understands the process himself, and this probably applies to basically all of that knowledge he gained
the ability to comprehend something but not put it into simpler terms for someone like Sakura to understand isn't proof of a lack of comprehension on Naruto's part.

In fact, Naruto specifically says it's hard to explain not that he doesn't get it either.

there are real-world geniuses who can't properly explain their thought processes to the masses either.

Last edited:
the ability to comprehend something but not put it into simpler terms for someone like Sakura to understand isn't proof of a lack of comprehension on Naruto's part.

In fact, Naruto specifically says it's hard to explain not that he doesn't get it either.

there are real-world geniuses who can't properly explain their thought processes to the masses either.
I agree with this statement all to well.

As for the thread at hand, I agree that SPSM Naruto qualifies for this.

I question Naruto's intelligence at times, but sure, so long as it's properly explained on the profile I don't have a problem with giving him EG in correlation to his understanding of nature and all that.

Personally this feels more suitable for Genius rating to me:

Genius: Individuals with an exceptional capacity for knowledge and intelligence, usually in one area of varying depth. This level of intellect is the level of real-world geniuses, polymaths, and genuinely extremely prominent intellectuals, and, in the absence of better feats, should be the default intelligence category for fictional characters with exceptional or superhuman intelligence.

But if more people feel it's more suited for Extraordinary Genius, I won't complain.

Personally this feels more suitable for Genius rating to me:

But if more people feel it's more suited for Extraordinary Genius, I won't complain.
I don't think their are any disagreements that New Era Naruto would be Extraordinary Genius all things considered. He has demonstrated levels of intelligence feats even the likes of Orochimaru are amazed by. In fact, a lot of his successful experiments are based on knowledge that Naruto excels far more than Orochimaru ever did thanks to SPSM. Likewise, I think the actual SotSP would probably scale accordingly? Or other characters who have the SPSM?

Off topic, Tsunade has EG intelligence when it comes to medicine despite Kabuto (Who is currently only Genius) initially was shown to be even more clever than Tsunade in some areas. Studying Kabuto's method of healing was how Tsunade figured out how to properly heal Rock Lee's "Uncurable injuries."

I don't think their are any disagreements that New Era Naruto would be Extraordinary Genius all things considered. He has demonstrated levels of intelligence feats even the likes of Orochimaru are amazed by. In fact, a lot of his successful experiments are based on knowledge that Naruto excels far more than Orochimaru ever did thanks to SPSM. Likewise, I think the actual SotSP would probably scale accordingly? Or other characters who have the SPSM?

Off topic, Tsunade has EG intelligence when it comes to medicine despite Kabuto (Who is currently only Genius) initially was shown to be even more clever than Tsunade in some areas. Studying Kabuto's method of healing was how Tsunade figured out how to properly heal Rock Lee's "Uncurable injuries."
95% of Naruto profiles have laughably bad Intelligence sections. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but essentially most of the ones not revised by me have horrendous Intelligence sections (as well as most other things lol).

That is to say, most of these are a work in progress. Someone like Kabuto will absolutely be Extraordinary Genius. He has many, many feats that would put him on that level. It's just a matter of when I get to these people. because unfortunately I'm a one man army when it comes to improving these profiles' quality. Though more and more people have been trying to help out as of late, which is awesome to see.

95% of Naruto profiles have laughably bad Intelligence sections. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but essentially most of the ones not revised by me have horrendous Intelligence sections (as well as most other things lol).

That is to say, most of these are a work in progress. Someone like Kabuto will absolutely be Extraordinary Genius. He has many, many feats that would put him on that level. It's just a matter of when I get to these people. because unfortunately I'm a one man army when it comes to improving these profiles' quality. Though more and more people have been trying to help out as of late, which is awesome to see.
Naruto's not the only verse with the issue; Yu Yu Hakusho's is worse. Kurama's intelligence is horribly downplayed, and even Yusuke Urameshi clearly is smarter than what he is rated as on the wiki. But these all should be handled in different threads.

Anyway, OP can be updated to add LordGriffin, and Damage agrees with regular Genius so far but notes he has nothing against EG if he's outvoted.

Here are the new Intelligence explanations. I will provide scans and references to these later.

Naruto: Extraordinary Genius (Naruto, after gaining Six Paths Sage Mode, is granted unrivaled knowledge of all life in this world and the energies that power them. By using this knowledge, and his mastery over Yin-Yang releases, the foundational abilities for all Jutsu in the world. Naruto can perform truly miraculous feats of intelligence and manipulation. He stopped the fading life of Might Guy after he utilized the 8th Gate, which slowly heats the body until it incinerates into ash, by restoring his chakra nodes before they were destroyed. He also re-created the eye of Kakashi Hatake after it was ripped out by Madara Uchiha by utilizing cells from Kakashi's body and reconstructing them into an entirely separate biological function. Compounding onto this, Naruto is equipped with the ability to create Truth Seeking Orbs, structures which are noted to grant users truth in all things and utilize all five nature transformations, alongside Yin-Yang release. A feat that hasn't been achieved since the days of Hagoromo and Hamura, with even consummate geniuses like Minato and Itachi being incapable of mastering all seven transformations)

Everyone else scaling to this level of intelligence: (Should possess relative intelligence with Naruto Uzumaki through possessing similar qualities responsible for Naruto's intelligence, either by possessing Six Paths Sage Mode or by utilizing Truth Seeking Orbs, which contextualizes all truths in all things in existence)

I absolutely refuse. Most people here misunderstand these intelligence development issues. First of all, to be an extraordinary genius, it is not enough to be very smart in a single subject. You need to be strategically astute in most academic subjects. Also, things like foresight and strategy/plan disruption are included. It's ridiculous that a character gets an intelligence upgrade with hax. What we call intelligence is a pure thing, naruto is just doing it right and feeling things does not make him an extraordinary genius.

I absolutely refuse. Most people here misunderstand these intelligence development issues. First of all, to be an extraordinary genius, it is not enough to be very smart in a single subject.
Nature isn't a single subject, it covers anatomy, biology, chemistry, and in the Naruto world chakra(which by itself is a multi-faceted system involving knowledge of the soul, mind, and other esoteric functions that is already beyond normal human understanding which is one of the EG requirements.)
You need to be strategically astute in most academic subjects. Also, things like foresight and strategy/plan disruption are included.
you seem to be misunderstanding the definition of EG because nowhere in our standards does it say that you have to be adept in most academic fields
otherwise, most EG wouldn't be EG.

all you need is knowledge(as well as the ability to apply it) spread across multiple fields that vastly surpasses the real-world upper human limits.
It's ridiculous that a character gets an intelligence upgrade with hax. What we call intelligence is a pure thing, naruto is just doing it right and feeling things does not make him an extraordinary genius.
no standard prohibits obtained intelligence via supernatural means from being EG.

Also saying that Nard is just "feeling things out" when there are additional WOG statements saying he fully understands what he's doing while in this form is just plain wrong.

Last edited:
Shouldn't this escalate to several other characters, who have enough proficiency to put pressure on Naruto in combat?

For example, Madara, Sasuke, Obito, Isshiki (Jigen), Momoshiki and Urashiki.

Shouldn't this escalate to several other characters, who have enough proficiency to put pressure on Naruto in combat?

For example, Madara, Sasuke, Obito, Isshiki (Jigen), Momoshiki and Urashiki.
No. This has nothing to do with combat Intelligence, and most (if not all) of the people you mentioned didn't really give Naruto trouble due to their intelligence, but due to a combination of their abilities and raw power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back