• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai: God Tiers Downgrade

fine ill play your game aubin , even if we never saw the full size , the graces are LITERAL so we dont got a choice but to use a irl ocean... so either way its a country feat.... and btw this is happening now cuz yall wont leave the verse alone
I thought you didn’t care? Log off

imo, it is evident that the OD created the storm. About the ocean feat, since we do not see its limits, I would assume the smallest size required to be an ocean.

About the ocean feat, since we do not see its limits, I would assume the smallest size required to be an ocean.
Just because it's called an ocean? With no proof of it actually being a true ocean? No. Discuss this on the thread for the ocean feat if you want to continue.

Ok, so, here's what I have to say.

I agree with downgrading the feat (the ocean is another can of worms), as the clouds created by the OG demon didn't reach Diane's location.

First, the OG Demon appears, casts the spell and causes darkness and clouds to appear. Then we see this (in)famous panel, showing clouds over Diane's location.

0292-016.png

But then this other panel comes after.

CiJcXPH.jpeg

As we see, there are no clouds anymore after awhile. If those over Diane were actually the OG demon's cloud, why would they go away? Mael's intervention was necessary to dissipate the clouds and the darkness over Camelot, it doesn't make sense that a faraway part of them just went away by itself.

If those were his clouds, the entire sky all the way over Diane's location should have been ALWAYS covered, but it gets cleared on its own, which means those were just normal clouds pushed there by the strong wind, and they went away on their own after awhile. Otherwise, why just a piece of the demon's clouds would separate from the main part and just wander away? It wouldn't make sense.

Also, the clouds over Camelot always come along with darkness, while those over Diane were just normal clouds, without any darkness with them (we only see it over the horizon). This further proves that those clouds don't belong to the OG demon.

Ok, so, here's what I have to say.

I agree with downgrading the feat (the ocean is another can of worms), as the clouds created by the OG demon didn't reach Diane's location.

First, the OG Demon appears, casts the spell and causes darkness and clouds to appear. Then we see this (in)famous panel, showing clouds over Diane's location.

0292-016.png

CiJcXPH.jpeg

As we see, there are no clouds anymore after awhile. If those over Diane were actually the OG demon's cloud, why would they go away? Mael's intervention was necessary to dissipate the clouds and the darkness over Camelot, it doesn't make sense that a faraway part of them just went away by itself.

If those were his clouds, the entire sky all the way over Diane's location should have been ALWAYS covered, but it gets cleared on its own, which means those were just normal clouds pushed there by the strong wind, and they went away on their own after awhile. Otherwise, why just a piece of the demon's clouds would separate from the main part and just wander away? It wouldn't make sense.

Also, the clouds over Camelot always come along with darkness, while those over Diane were just normal clouds, without any darkness with them (we only see it over the horizon). This further proves that those clouds don't belong to the OG demon.
I will reply later cause I am pretty sure they where other panels that chapter had clouds in them

I was asked to comment here.

Firstly, I disagree with using GPE for the Ocean feat. It's not movement or anything, Tarmiel just made an ocean, so I'm not sure why we'd use GPE for something like that unless he's somehow creating gravity or is directly responsible for the force exerted.

Secondly, there's a later panel the storm extends very far from Camelot, yet the background shifts to white while they're far closer. This even happens during the fight. I don't know if we should say that the storms didn't extend as far as Ban and co. anymore, but I think it's pretty obvious that Nabaka just wants to save ink and manpower. However, there's also a panel where the cloud layer breaks and is shown much more uniformly as Escanor flies through it, so it could just be patchy.

Last edited:
I was asked to comment here.

Firstly, I disagree with using GPE for the Ocean feat. It's not movement or anything, Tarmiel just made an ocean, so I'm not sure why we'd use GPE for something like that unless he's somehow creating gravity or is directly responsible for the force exerted.

Secondly, there's a later panel the storm extends very far from Camelot, yet the background shifts to white while they're far closer. This even happens during the fight. I don't know if we should say that the storms didn't extend as far as Ban and co. anymore, but I think it's pretty obvious that Nabaka just wants to save ink and manpower. However, there's also a panel where the cloud layer breaks and is shown much more uniformly as Escanor flies through it, so it could just be patchy.

I'm looking into the highest point that the clouds still extend over the horizon in these chapters. Even something like 100 feet gets 20 km.
So basically, it is too early to prematurely call it a downgrade?

I didn't mean that. My point was just that the actual depiction of the storm is way too inconsistent to entirely discount is based on one chapter. Sometimes, it doesn't even exist at Camelot. Although, I'm also just as reluctant to say that it does because it only appears at Diane's location in one chapter.

Maybe we could ask Nabaka about it on his twitter.

Last edited:
So the clouds are very inconsistent and therefore the cloud size is unknown and therefore we have no idea how far Mael split the clouds besides the horizon

We know the sizes. We're just arguing depiction here. As I said, there's even panels where the clouds don't extend to the horizon, or outright don't exist.

back from work, another big issue here.. shouldnt we wait for the new movie before they try anything? this could all be a waste of time if we get new feats iirc movie comes out july 2nd , thats friday im sure we can get a leak

Honestly it is quite obvious that the OG demon is the cause of the storm reaching Diane

Right after the OG demon becomes the OG demon, the next panel of the chapter shows a storm with clouds with daine saying this is coming from Camelot isn't it and Elizabeth saying we need to hurry.

From the panel, we do infact see the storm start point is Camelot

This other scans confirms this as we can see sections clearly being Night time
Honestly downgrading it would be ignoring logic, but honestly, the is Nakaba fault.

Why are we talking about OD creating the storm again? This thread is about whether or not Mael dispersed the clouds all the way to Diane was

There is a difference between an attack name and describing a phenomenon. That is a false equivalence fallacy.

Sariel literally described on the panel that it was an Ocean by stating how futile it was to fight the waves.
okay so tell me what is the AP of a tornado or what Ap is needed to create a tornado?
or u are going to ignore him describing it as a tornado also?

the term that was used was, "You might as well be spitting into an ocean or sighing into a tornado"

It was just a figure of speech

CiJcXPH.jpeg

You know that in this scene Ban was going into Liones, right? The Clouds appear in every other scene regardless of location. There is only one scene where the clouds are not shown
No? Even in Camelot the clouds are not completely black

I can help getting the map with accurate depiction of the locations the size are fairly easy to get since it was canonically stated that the distance between Edinburgh and megadoza is 300miles(or kilometers iirc) but either way the country Britannia is a small one

The characters say that it's all gone, and the clouds are absolutely not seen again in the subsequent chapters (they travel from Camelot of the centre of Britannia and many other places). Assuming that they weren't dispersed requires way more assumptions.

The characters say that it's all gone, and the clouds are absolutely not seen again in the subsequent chapters (they travel from Camelot of the centre of Britannia and many other places). Assuming that they weren't dispersed requires way more assumptions.
When did they say that?

using the map as reference, the distance between camelot and britannia is less than 30 miles

The distance between Megadozer and Camelot is 300 miles North, not Edinburgh.
my bad, i mixed that up, well that changes things
They hadn't moved from Camelot when King made the statement, but would go past Edinburgh during the journey. Also, Edinburgh is 186 miles East of Liones.

Also, I f*****d up again. I meant Danafor.
can someone maybe help to translate the map?
i mean since we have canon statement about distances of few places to get the distance of the rest is fairly easy. so we can find the distance between camelot and liones

Edit: i still doubt it is up to 50 miles, since camelot is pretty far megadozer

using the map scaling in this one, compared to real life map of course, which can be used or not(But i am neutral). u will see the scale of 100km or something i cant really see it clearly there

Last edited:
We literally never see dense clouds anywhere, though, even when the Sins travel all across Britania. All of the darkness is also gone. I don't see why it's such a jump so say every cloud he made is gone, especially when it makes significantly more sense with the events and portrayal.

Not sure if it matters but when ban came out purgatory, the clouds were kinda dark-ish and near elaine was darker theres also a picture which shows everyones location on the map not sure what chapter tho

Back