• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai: God Tiers Downgrade

What do you make on Sariel calling it on Ocean, you realize that Ocean was literally on a different dimension right?
Maybe he doesn’t

After all in NNT, they call Brittannia a continent, when IRL, that shit is a country

And Ocean means a very large expanse of water, there’s nothing that specifically denotes it’s size, and I’m not ok with assuming it’s millions of killometers big when we never see it being even remotely that size

Maybe he doesn’t

After all in NNT, they call Brittannia a continent, when IRL, that shit is a country

And Ocean means a very large expanse of water, there’s nothing that specifically denotes it’s size, and I’m not ok with assuming it’s millions of killometers big when we never see it being even remotely that size
fine ill play your game aubin , even if we never saw the full size , the graces are LITERAL so we dont got a choice but to use a irl ocean... so either way its a country feat.... and btw this is happening now cuz yall wont leave the verse alone

Maybe he doesn’t

You are just being obtuse at this point and playing semantics game

Ocean in IRL also mean a very large expanse of water, let's see, you want me to bring the Japanese raw chapter and see the word used? If it is the same word as "Ocean", then you will have no leg to stand on.

fine ill play your game aubin , even if we never saw the full size , the graces are LITERAL so we dont got a choice but to use a irl ocean... so either way its a country feat.... and btw this is happening now cuz yall wont leave the verse alone
Your entire argument is “The Ocean is literal”

Saying it over and over changes absolutely nothing, we never see this domain be that big and it having the name Ocean doesn’t mean it’s the same size as a real life Ocean

Your entire argument is “The Ocean is literal”

Saying it over and over changes absolutely nothing, we never see this domain be that big and it having the name Ocean doesn’t mean it’s the same size as a real life Ocean
It could be bigger than a real-life one for all we know, why you automatically "assume" that it is smaller without any evidence?

It could be bigger than a real-life one for all we know, why you automatically "assume" that it is smaller without any evidence?
Cause we never see it being even remotely close to the size of a real life Ocean... And on VSBW, when we have to assume variables, we lowball

It being larger is baseless

Cause we never see it being even remotely close to the size of a real life Ocean... And on VSBW, when we have to assume variables, we lowball

It being larger is baseless

13.jpg

Literally portrayed as being Ocean

Called as being an Ocean on the scan

You are just in denial at this point, do you think the author literally draw the ENTIRE Ocean on a single panel? His intent was clear here.

13.jpg

Literally portrayed as being Ocean

Called as being an Ocean on the scan

You are just in denial at this point, do you think the author literally draw the ENTIRE Ocean on a single panel? His intent was clear here.
He drew a lot of water that wasn’t remotely close to the size of a real ocean and wasn’t stated to be the size of a real ocean

You’re entire argument is that because it’s called “Ocean”, it is the same size as a real life ocean, even tho that’s a blatant naming fallacy

in my defense... they make more money than me doing nothing and i work health care xd but anywho no more random comments

He drew a lot of water that wasn’t remotely close to the size of a real ocean and wasn’t stated to be the size of a real ocean

You’re entire argument is that because it’s called “Ocean”, it is the same size as a real life ocean, even tho that’s a blatant naming fallacy
no sir.... the names are LITERAL so it being called ocean IS infact a REAL ocean...

in my defense... they make more money than me doing nothing and i work health care xd but anywho no more random comments
Hey, someone has to do the jobs that can save lives, I respect you for that
no sir.... the names are LITERAL so it being called ocean IS infact a REAL ocean...
Can you give more evidence then this, as in proof that all graces are literal to their names

i gotta go so this my last comment, theres two proofs for it but there both on the RAW side pages which no one can find the old chapters for i got one proof but not the other yall can try to find it if you want tho http://prntscr.com/17hnrz0

What is it then? Tell me, a river? lol

You are saying that Nakaba doesn't know what an Ocean is? I am done, such intellectual dishonesty is too much for me.

oh one quick thing can someone also do a recalc for ludos light beam he used on zeldris? maybe it can help with scaling.

Sorry, but we're not going to assume ocean size for that.
You can still safely assume the smallest Ocean sized for that which is fair unless of course, you don't buy that it is an Ocean despite being called as one in both the raw and the official translation.

What do you make about the author's intent? Statements have no values now?

It’s still too vague. Even if it’s called an ocean, doesn’t always mean it’s the size of one. We can’t assume as such. We can’t assume the size of even the smallest ocean was being accounted for when it was being decided on being called an ocean.

After reading the chapters containing info about the cloud feat, I came with this

Chandler turning to the original demon was what created the clouds up to Daine's location

In some panels the darkness where shown to be under the clouds

Mael clearing the darkness and cloud half way wouldn't make sense

The original demon creating the cloud can also be calculated

Except we clearly don't see the Original Demon ever have Weather Manipulation or ever show creating clouds

It’s still too vague. Even if it’s called an ocean, doesn’t always mean it’s the size of one. We can’t assume as such. We can’t assume the size of even the smallest ocean was being accounted for when it was being decided on being called an ocean.
When it is too vague, shouldn't we use the low-end reference of an Ocean? I don't see how it is unreasonable unless you don't buy that it is an Ocean at all.

If it is the case, then what is it? A river lol

When it is too vague, shouldn't we use the low-end reference of an Ocean? I don't see how it is unreasonable unless you don't buy that it is an Ocean at all.

If it is the case, then what is it? A river lol
You’re arguing semantics right now. The thing is, there’s not really a notable cutoff for the size an ocean is required to be in order to be called an ocean. That’s what makes it unreliable.

I don't get it

"Cruel Sun" is called Sun, does that mean it has the size of the Sun?
There is a difference between an attack name and describing a phenomenon. That is a false equivalence fallacy.

Sariel literally described on the panel that it was an Ocean by stating how futile it was to fight the waves.

Must a character be shown to have an ability before using it for the first time
No, but we must at least see him use the ability or have powers related to that ability

We never see him create the clouds and we don't see him have cloud based abilities, Anime supports this as well

You’re arguing semantics right now. The thing is, there’s not really a notable cutoff for the size an ocean is required to be in order to be called an ocean. That’s what makes it unreliable.
Except that it isn't, we have a scan of the Ocean with an unknown size, therefore what is the problem with taking reference from the smallest IRL Ocean?

Back