• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no taizai general discussion thread 29

What about the retcons? are those just ignored? or we only use whaqt gives upgrades? or the PIS that are use to give upgrades?

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
What about the retcons? are those just ignored? or we only use whaqt gives upgrades?
I mean, we ignored the Mel vs Escanor flashback retcon because it contradicted a good deal of Mel's known past, not just because it would downgrade many characters. But then again, retcons contradict that stuff all the time *cough Naruto cough*, so this series is the one that got lucky.

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
What about the retcons? are those just ignored? or we only use whaqt gives upgrades? or the PIS that are use to give upgrades?
The retcon in 327.5 has Unsealed Meliodas able to use Assault Mode and being able to control it. Even if it can be considered legit, it wouldn't be anywhere near as strong as his Post Revival self. Not only that, Meliodas should have went berserk trying to use it.

Just like Toriyama did with Launch (lunch), either way the series is over we should be glad it happened (despite the "hiccups") we shouldn't be pushing this thread with fruitless arguments about the scaling.

So what do we do then, wait for a year or two for the sequel to come out and after that a lot of chapters to slowly and gradually show powers of chaos, till that we wait.....!? Why not update it with whatever known and then later change with more information and all

You guys said you don't accept cross verse scaling (Kongou Banchou having a PL of 400.000+) while you actually did regarding Tatsumaki and Mob (your reasoning was pretty bad too). When someone pointed that you've accepted it before you removed the Tatsumaki and Mob scaling too. Didn't accept an extra scene from the manga drawn by Nakaba himself cuz "scribbles shouldn't be accepted as canon", also dumb reasoning. It was created from the original author for the original series. Then there was the whole Ocean thing being literal which you guys said an irl ocean shouldn't be used but then i saw a FT calc for Water God lifting the ocean and you used the smallest irl ocean i think? Didn't follow that debate much so take this with a grain of salt. Then (some) guys responsible for NNT tried to downplay Chaos' planet creation statement and now this Arthur thing. I've heard a guy (on facebook) say he stopped discussing NNT here cuz of lack of support from the actual listed supporters on the NNT site (that's true, only 4 of over 20? attended the last revision and 2 dipped mid-way). "But the verse is low/high/whatever 6-b despite not having a feat yare yare" all you did was make a calc and multiply it by 3 due to FC, something people been doing on facebook debate groups since Escanor vs Estarossa and it took you guys 150 chapters after that fight to actually do something. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Maltesermailo said:
Dooyo said:
DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I'm in agreement with Ionliosite, if the ending of the series was the end, I'd say we should settle this right now, but since there will be a sequel and we know very little about the exact details of Chaos, we should probably just wait
Then erase the chaos manipulation in his profile, why playing the two faces?
Gave him only the stats and abilities on his pre Chaos awakening since we have to wait for more details, what I dislike the most is inconsistency.

Downgrade him from 6-B as well, he is a fodder without Chaos and since we know nothing about Chaos as you said? He is back at 6-C until the sequel comes.
I just read the manga again on the topic. And in chapter 338 of the manga, the Lady of the Lake tells the Seven Deadly Sins that Chaos is the will of power. This means it is the abstract entity of all the power in the universe of Nanatsu no Taizai. This would make it the most powerful entity. The Demon King and the Supreme Deity have already shown that there are capable of affecting the environment. As Chaos created them and gave them their power, Chaos should be able to use that too. Therefore it is at least able to change the environment and use all powers that exist. Furthermore, we have seen that it is able to warp reality which is explicitly stated.
Chaos is THE MOST POWERFUL entity and being of the series by far yeah.

He isan abstract existence without a true physical form indeed, just a powerful will that create the world.

He has already stated to have reality warping abilities and somehow, some people with strong bias against the series says "wait" to the obvious.

They probably dislike the idea of a character being that powerful in a verse like NNT, Chaos is a tier on his own and they know it deep down.

Dude most verses get downplayed a lot. I've said and I'll always say vsbattles always isn't right and many times it's wrong it depends on your perspective and scaling, out of this site you can use your own scaling and even get Continental results for NNT characters as well if you have enough evidences

Ah Gou said:
You guys said you don't accept cross verse scaling (Kongou Banchou having a PL of 400.000+) while you actually did regarding Tatsumaki and Mob (your reasoning was pretty bad too). When someone pointed that you've accepted it before you removed the Tatsumaki and Mob scaling too. Didn't accept an extra scene from the manga drawn by Nakaba himself cuz "scribbles shouldn't be accepted as canon", also dumb reasoning. It was created from the original author for the original series. Then there was the whole Ocean thing being literal which you guys said an irl ocean shouldn't be used but then i saw a FT calc for Water God lifting the ocean and you used the smallest irl ocean i think? Didn't follow that debate much so take this with a grain of salt. Then (some) guys responsible for NNT tried to downplay Chaos' planet creation statement and now this Arthur thing. I've heard a guy (on facebook) say he stopped discussing NNT here cuz of lack of support from the actual listed supporters on the NNT site (that's true, only 4 of over 20? attended the last revision and 2 dipped mid-way). "But the verse is low/high/whatever 6-b despite not having a feat yare yare" all you did was make a calc and multiply it by 3 due to FC, something people been doing on facebook debate groups since Escanor vs Estarossa and it took you guys 150 chapters after that fight to actually do something. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.
Checked the profile of Mob and Tatsumaki and yeah, damn.

You are right, they scaled both of them because the author stated it and "somehow" refuse to scale Kongon Bnachou to NNT which is from the same author and he made himself the comparaison between them.

That is the ultimate proof that they are a strong bias against NNT, thanks for the evidence.

Well i bring to you a question

"How we are going to calc this guy creation of the planet?"

By telekinesis?

By molecular manipulation?

Or by gathering meteors and smashing together?

Also,he has reality warping which is a problem of it's own

Ah Gou said:
My perception might be wrong so if the mods/whoever can prove me wrong it's going to be fine
Can you makes them participate in this thread?

They are several profiles in NNT that aren't complete like for example Arthur and Meliodas.

For meliodas, they didn't had his resistance feat toward illusions lauched by Cath or mind manipulation resistance.

He also has Regenerationn negation with Hellblaze up to Mid High from Ban, unable to Regenerationn attack from Meliodas's feat and guess what? It isn't present on his profile and that is a good feat from him which is well known.

He has berserk mode from early version of himself and they didn't add it as well.

SupremeGilgamesh said:
Well i bring to you a question

"How we are going to calc this guy creation of the planet?"

By telekinesis?

By molecular manipulation?

Or by gathering meteors and smashing together?

Also,he has reality warping which is a problem of it's own
The same way that Arthur created an entire dimension with a variety of different monsters, gravity and everything bent to his rules. So reality warping i guess?

So you're saying having a hundreds of posts long thread about the Crossovers rules to make Tatsu and Mob not scaling valid, where Antvasima himself constantly went against scaling them, and whose resulution was adding very strict rules regarding scaling between different verse, is nothing?

Can you makes them participate in this thread?

They are several profiles in NNT that aren't complete like for example Arthur and Meliodas.

For meliodas, they didn't had his resistance feat toward illusions lauched by Cath or mind manipulation resistance.

He also has Regenerationn negation with Hellblaze up to Mid High from Ban, unable to Regenerationn attack from Meliodas's feat and guess what? It isn't present on his profile and that is a good feat from him which is well known.

He has berserk mode from early version of himself and they didn't add it as well.

I don't really care enough to do that, I'm aware of everything the profiles are missing and i don't think it's worth doing it.

I never said that, I said Mob scaled to Tatsumaki before NNT came into question and then both got disregarded, the Mob downgrade happened a day after you said "no cross scaling" (if i remember correctly)

Neither do I, but some Crossovers rules were literally made to evaluate cases such as theirs, in contrast to before, where they were scaled even when the rules said that wasn't allowed.

What a good argument to counter ALL my points, Mitch. If it's not bias then it's simply not giving a damn. A guy made a post that Angel light attacks the soul with proof (translation from the Q&A), you guys agreed but i don't see Soul Destruction on ANY of the Archangels's profiles. Not caring is ok, but pretending you care while you don't is trash.

@Ah Gou

Ok, please calm down and stop being so accusatory, yeah I don't care as much about this verse, doesn't mean what I say is wrong

Got my answer already so yeah Gilgamesh I'm happy, thanks man. And Mitch, it sure as hell doesn't make you credible when it comes to NNT. Dooyo proved you wrong and AGAIN you do nothing about it. Better remove those "supporters" from the NNT verse page since non of them are useful apart from a couple (including you)

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Ah Gou
Ok, please calm down and stop being so accusatory, yeah I don't care as much about this verse, doesn't mean what I say is wrong
Then why aren't you adding that in the Archangels profile and some abilities that Meliodas lack? You know that they are legit and if you are lazy enough to not do it yourself, let the people who "still" care about this series doing it the edit.

Ah Gou said:
Got my answer already so yeah Gilgamesh I'm happy, thanks man. And Mitch, it sure as hell doesn't make you credible when it comes to NNT. Dooyo proved you wrong and AGAIN you do nothing about it. Better remove those "supporters" from the NNT verse page since non of them are useful apart from a couple (including you)
Great Great

Have fun in your travel home

Ah Gou said:
Dooyo haven't proved anything at all to begin with. And let's remove everyone who isn't useful from the page if you want, your name being out won't affect us.

My name was never there, don't get too emotional now. And Dooyo did fortunately, which is why you curved his question and are still looking for an answer . Not good, not good at all.

Then erase the chaos manipulation in his profile, why playing the two faces?

Gave him only the stats and abilities on his pre Chaos awakening since we have to wait for more details, what I dislike the most is inconsistency.

Downgrade him from 6-B as well, he is a fodder without Chaos and since we know nothing about Chaos as you said? He is back at 6-C until the sequel comes.

This is what i mean.

Please stop fight against each other. Talking about chaos, well, in my opinion It should have at least a possibly Planet Level rating if not likely Planet Level if it's not that safe to adding things.

I mean, he's right, it is really hypocrital to add a Chaos key while not adding Chaos' powers, so the key should either be deleted or changed to Unknown because we know basically nothing of it yet.

I'm not fighting, I'm discussing. Last time i checked this is a DISCUSSION post but a few mods got too emotional. Not my fault really.

Back