• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no taizai general discussion thread 29

There's something I have been wondering about.

As far as I understand, lightning users are generally accepted to be lightning speed, with some exceptions.

So shouldn't Gilthunder be Massively Hypersonic+ (accepted lightning speed on the wiki) rather than scale to Meliodas's feat of dodging lightning (Massively Hypersonic) ?

Arthur should have Reality Warping due to him being able to warp reality unconsciusly and probably now in the real world. He even said to Meliodas that he will create an everlasting kingdom.

Maltesermailo said:
Arthur should have Reality Warping due to him being able to warp reality unconsciusly and probably now in the real world. He even said to Meliodas that he will create an everlasting kingdom.
You are right, he also have creation, spatial manipulation with his power and excalibur, sealing.

His profile is uncomplete.

Zezu1995 said:
its incomplete cuz we waiting for the series to start
He does have already feat like sealing, he seal Cath inside himself.

Limited Reality Warping, literally did it on screen, I said limited because he did it unconsciously without controlling it yet.

Life manipulation or creation, made a mere rock into a bird.

Spatial manipulation, literally sliced the dimension created by Cath with his incomplete Excalibur.

Resistance to mind manipulation, unaffected by Cath mental attack via illusions showcasing possible futures

Why waiting what was already showcased, it isn't tier upgrade but abilities and powers.

Zezu1995 said:
its incomplete cuz we waiting for the series to start
Meliodas also had berserk mode in early point in the manga, why it wasn't mentioned in his profiles power and abilities section?

Meliodas has also resistance to mind manipulation as he resisted Cath's attack which surprised him

Yeah we should update the Arthur profile, I mean if we just wait for the sequel it will take much time. We don't even know how long will it take for the sequel, usually it takes after 14 months, so we won't even get a sequel any before 2021 August so why wait so long so better update it now

Ionliosite said:
I really don't see the hurry to update it when we know very little of Chaos' power.
You realize that what is the question of updating is powers/abilities on his profile.

Not his tier? I can wait of Chaos real tier which is at least 5-B.

What I am talking about is Arthur's abilities that he showed already.

I never mentioned changing his tier at all, I just said we know very little of the power Arthur has with Chaos, and thus I think we shouldn't do anything until we see more showings of it.

Ionliosite said:
I never mentioned changing his tier at all, I just said we know very little of the power Arthur has with Chaos, and thus I think we shouldn't do anything until we see more showings of it.
You don't know that he showed limited reality warping? Sealing? Spatial manipulation with his Excalibur?

Way to ignore the manga on purpose, using your logic will literally downplay several series, like Bleach for example for reference.

You are joking or you are unable to recognize his feat? What do you mean by more showing?

I mean exactly what I said. He barely did anything on the few chapters we saw him use Chaos' power, and thus we have little showings on what he can do. I'm not dennying he can do what he showed, I'm saying he showed little feats despite the huge lore around said power, and thus I think it's safer to wait to see more him use it more to know what to extents he can use the power.

And what does Bleach have to do with this?

Ionliosite said:
I mean exactly what I said. He barely did anything on the few chapters we saw him use Chaos' power, and thus we have little showings on what he can do. I'm not dennying he can do what he showed, I'm saying he showed little feats despite the huge lore around said power, and thus I think it's safer to wait to see more him use it more to know what to extents he can use the power.
And what does Bleach have to do with this?
Why aren't you listed the showing that he performed then? Tell me how he defeated Cath he did something right? That something has a name.

Those "little" feats that you call is what I want added in his profiles, a feat remain a feat regardless of what you think.

Yeah, and him defeating Cath is used as his 6-B justification, so that's indeed an important feat to his name. But then again, that's the only important to his name, given he kinda spent the rest of the arc doing nothing.

Ionliosite said:
Yeah, and him defeating Cath is used as his 6-B justification, so that's indeed an important feat to his name. But then again, that's the only important to his name, given he kinda spent the rest of the arc doing nothing.
Why are you strawman?

I said that I was talking about his powers/abilities showing, not the AP or tier or whatever you are adamantly fixed about it for some reason.

Answer my question instead of being evasive, how he defeated Cath according to you, explain.

Ionliosite said:
He defeated Cath because he is stronger than him. There is not some kind of logic going on here, dude.
Sorry but he didn't defeat him with brute strength.

I like how hard you are playing the ignorant, you PERFECTLY understand what I am trying to say.

So how, do you miss that part?

Of course I understand, that's why I disagree with adding Chaos' power to Arthur when we know basically nothing about the extent of his abilities.

I mean, Arthur is shown as superior at least in terms of power, that's why his absorption was stronger

I think his argument is more we don't know how Arthur will be using his powers as of yet, since the entire battle with Cath was a very unique situation. Whether or not this will be how he uses his powers going forward has yet to be determined.

Ionliosite said:
Of course I understand, that's why I disagree with adding Chaos' power to Arthur when we know basically nothing about the extent of his abilities.
You don't understand, the profile list on powers/abilities only showcase what the character has show.

That is why we use word like "possibly" or "limited" when we don't yet the extend of said ability in the character.

My point is why that bias against Arthur profile?

Duedate8898 said:
I think his argument is more we don't know how Arthur will be using his powers as of yet, since the entire battle with Cath was a very unique situation. Whether or not this will be how he uses his powers going forward has yet to be determined.
That is not the point, I wonder if I am not clear enough

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I mean, Arthur is shown as superior at least in terms of power, that's why his absorption was stronger
What he did when he did absorption is sealing or limited reality warping? That is my question.

Duedate8898 said:
I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about Ionliosite
Are you saying that those abilities that he showed doesn't exist and therefore we have to do like if they never existed?

What do you mean determined? You can recognize reality warping when you see it in fiction?

Ionliosite said:
No one here is saying the abilities don't exist, stop pulling straw men.
Then why aren't they present in his profiles page like 99% of the entire cast?

You know that abilities have to be listed right?

Because we have very little info about Chaos' powers, I have said so like 5 times already. It's better to wait until we have more showings than adding stuff we barely know about.

Ionliosite said:
Because we have very little info about Chaos' powers, I have said so like 5 times already. It's better to wait until we have more showings than adding stuff we barely know about.
You realize that he used his Chaos power to realize reality warping? And that it was stated to not be an illusion?

I'm in agreement with Ionliosite, if the ending of the series was the end, I'd say we should settle this right now, but since there will be a sequel and we know very little about the exact details of Chaos, we should probably just wait

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I'm in agreement with Ionliosite, if the ending of the series was the end, I'd say we should settle this right now, but since there will be a sequel and we know very little about the exact details of Chaos, we should probably just wait
Then erase the chaos manipulation in his profile, why playing the two faces?

Gave him only the stats and abilities on his pre Chaos awakening since we have to wait for more details, what I dislike the most is inconsistency.

Downgrade him from 6-B as well, he is a fodder without Chaos and since we know nothing about Chaos as you said? He is back at 6-C until the sequel comes.

Dooyo said:
DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Then erase the chaos manipulation in his profile, why playing the two faces?
Gave him only the stats and abilities on his pre Chaos awakening since we have to wait for more details, what I dislike the most is inconsistency.

Downgrade him from 6-B as well, he is a fodder without Chaos and since we know nothing about Chaos as you said? He is back at 6-C until the sequel comes.
I just read the manga again on the topic. And in chapter 338 of the manga, the Lady of the Lake tells the Seven Deadly Sins that Chaos is the will of power. This means it is the abstract entity of all the power in the universe of Nanatsu no Taizai. This would make it the most powerful entity. The Demon King and the Supreme Deity have already shown that there are capable of affecting the environment. As Chaos created them and gave them their power, Chaos should be able to use that too. Therefore it is at least able to change the environment and use all powers that exist. Furthermore, we have seen that it is able to warp reality which is explicitly stated.

Dooyo is right. Not like Arthur is going to lose those abilities in the sequel. Wait for more info? What info? If he can create dimensions the size of a pond or the size of a planet it makes no difference, it's still the same ability.

I've noticed a bias against NNT verse in general.

What bias do we have against a verse that's rated as High 6-B despite not having a feat on said tier and where we ignore retcons that would downgrade the scaling (Mel vs Escanor flashback)?

Back