• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 20

Yeah that's what I thought as well. I thought Full Wings King was going to be Prime Demon Mark Meliodas or Near-Noon Mael tier. But turns out while he's low on magic he has higher durability than Afternoon Mael and in this chapter turns out at full power he's roughly on par with Post-Purgatory Ban and Post-Purgatory Demon Mark Meliodas. The latter who managed to stomp 2nd Form Demon King Zeldris.

I see what you mean, but I always thought he was going to end up that strong. Considering that the Demon King and Supreme Diety are just leaders of their clan, as another leader, King should be pretty strong as well. Whenever Arthur gets back on his feet, I expect him to be up there as well seeing how he's basically the equivalent of a leader for the humans. He's being hyped up too, so it makes sense to me.

I thought they'd still have some weaker characters in the plot who fought like Commandments vs Archangels, King and other SDS whilst the top tier Meliodas, Arthour getting some zenkai from death with Excalibur, Elizabeth and Ban duked it out with the DK and SD to remove the curses.

At this point all I want is the SD to come out of hiding and for the sins to actually have a good fight with both of them. The SD has to do something she can just sit in heaven or whatever realm like a duck.

I have a feeling that the god" is about to be humiliated again, please free him from this hell and end the series. What a poor god.

Let's keep seeing how the series goes, we can make final determinations on scaling once it's over so we know what's most consistent. Further guidebooks should help too.

well truth be told we never ever got to see THE ONE go all out... he always gets stopped someone or beats the enemy to fast

only bad scaling is escanor stopping the blade... other than that its fine... since they didnt injure him .. as for speed ive been saying their LS-FTL for awhile.. but non of yall wanna listen .

I don't care much about nonsense power ups in NNT since Merlin jumped from being beaten by Galan to solo Chandler and Cusack.

Near Noon Mael is probably equal to Full Wings King, a lot of time passed from Noon since when Mael showed up, so Afternoon Mael did worse against The Demon King

Man, this chapter kinda made me mad, I really am not a fan of this idiotic powerscaling anymore, I mean why doesn't Meliodas just use his Full Power already, I know he doesn't want to hurt his brother, but holding him back would be easier with his full power, and I kinda hate all the characters except for Escanor and Zeldris now, ugh... I hope this series just ends soon, but I have a feeling it's gonna continue, and I'm too far in to drop it, but this sh*t is just awful

It might. I don't see them killing Zeldris considering all of the "I'm not gonna kill my brother" and constant flashback spam of Mel and Zel.

Didn't Escanor remark that Mael was using the full power of Sunshine against the Original Demon? It'd make a bit more sense if Escanor can actually now utilize Sunshine with 100% efficiency after seeing Mael in action.

They said again that the ruler works on all manner of attacks. It's getting confusing. Maybe DK Mel only had God rather than the ruler.

escanor never used The ONE vs sinner, as for mael he just said hes using it better than him but ofc.. he had the grace longer. anyways as for the RULER so far everything affecting the DK is reversed its that simple... till we get any new infomation

Zezu1995 said:
escanor never used The ONE vs sinner, as for mael he just said hes using it better than him but ofc.. he had the grace longer. anyways as for the RULER so far everything affecting the DK is reversed its that simple... till we get any new infomation
He wasn't even in his past noon form for that matter. He was just using the power stored in Rhitta.

so the scaling isnt messed up then since we never got to see THE ONE go all out... this might be that time

We have already seen The One Escanor go all out. He went all out and still struggled a bit to defeat Full Power Zeldris. He even got slightly bruised trying to break through Ominous Nebula with his first attack. After he cancelled out Ominous Nebula he had a much easier time nearly one shotting 2nd Demon Mark Zeldris w/ God.

that wasnt going all out.. think about it he never once use the sun ball in THE ONE.. he just use physical magic enchantment attacks

@Peter We never saw The One going all out actually. Against Zel he was forced to use physical strengh only so we never saw him use "Cruel Sun" for example. Mael was able to one shot The Sinner with his magic but was about equal to Zel in a hand to hand combat despite Sinner being WAY stronger than base 2nd Mark Zel.

Compare that to Escanor almost one shotting Zel and with his finger and it's clear that was no where near his full potential

Not that it matter since he shouldn't be able to stand up to the DK either way tbh.

Magic wouldn't have made any difference. You can clearly see from the fight between Near-Noon Escanor and Post-Revival Assault Mode Meliodas that Escanor's physical power is higher than his magic power. His Cruel Sun that was full countered and reflected back at them by Perfect Cube couldn't even hurt Meliodas while his physical punches were able to slightly draw blood from him.

Zeldris was also using God along with 2nd Demon Mark. Nothing said he stopped using God after Mael cancelled out his Ominous Nebula. Also you could see that Mael was going easy on him while Zeldris was doing everything he could to try and get past him.

Like I said Escanor's nearly one shot 2nd Demon Mark Zeldris w/ God not Full Power Zeldris (2nd Demon Mark Zeldris w/ God and Ominous Nebula). He struggled to break through Full Power Zeldris' defense.

But previously Elizabeth said it only worked on the magic of Kami Chigiri but not the physical slash. We should wait until it gets more clear.

Back