• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 20

^Sadly there's no way to scale the size of the lightning Bolts, we have no point of reference for them at all, plus I think you're overestimating this feat, it's likely comparable or weaker to Dies Irae

Every single panel that we have of the attack has no point of reference, no humans, buildings, or any source of confirmed dimensions, all we have is what looks like big lightning

You can use the cloud-ground distance as your base. The lightning is 2km high and you just calc it width

Alright, well I'll let you calc it then, I'm dealing with another calc right now, and just found out we need to use the timeframe of .2 seconds for lightning, so they're gonna get downgraded

Cause the Domain of God Scene led to High 6-A BS in the past, due to several wanked multipliers, and I never thought it was the size of a real ocean, plus I'm not even sure if creating the Domain counted for AP, so no I don't really want to go into it again, because it literally decides all the top to god tiers based off several multipliers

Plus I'm not ok with assuming those clouds are at a height of 2 Km, when they don't look that high

We aren't using in multipliers this time so that's irrelevant now. Also we see the clouds in the domain of god. Then we see a whole shot of the DOG with no clouds suggesting that they are higher up in the sky

No, we're still using Multipliers and upscaling, every character above Sariel and Tarmiel scales from this feat

There were no clouds in the domain of god until a tornado created them in the sky, we can clearly see this, and Sariel says that the combination of Tornado and Ocean created the clouds in that moment, and from the angle that you see the clouds and the ocean, you can see that it's likely not 2 Km, The distance between The clouds and ocean, compared to the size of the waves is not 2 km, and I will not assume that, as it would severely inflate the calc

I know the powerscaling is all dumb at this point, but I've found a way to just enjoy the action at its core. It's made these last few chapters better for my experience, but it's sad I have to do that to have fun reading again.

^That's essentially what I do for a lot of dumb series cough cough Fairy Tail, I just try to have fun with it, it's just hard when you discuss powerscaling all the time, so you're constantly thinking about this stuff

I really should try to be positive, and just enjoy Escanor, but Elizabeth makes me mad with how much she sucks as a character, without her looks, she's garbage

Someone shared with me this calc and asked me to bring it here. Not familiar with the verse or involved in the discussion. And it would need to be moved to a blog for this site and evaluated by a calc group member before it can be used. But you guys are welcome to look at it and asked for input regarding it.

The calc is completely wrong.

• The method 1, measuring the whirlpool and scale the lightning
This is wrong because we saw the lightning covering a lot of meters, and he calced it to be 0.1m, like what the ****, it would need a lot of lightnings to cover Estarossa's body, but we saw that only one or two lightnings can do that. Plus, the perspective makes the scaling impossible. You can't pixelscale the lightning using that whirlpool.

• The timeframe he used
For some reason, he used 13.6 seconds, our standard is 0.2 seconds. I interpreted the feat like, the lightnings could last for some pages, I think some seconds is safe, like 5 or 3, but 13.6 is wank

I prefer using the cloud-ground distance, 2000 meters is a standard

Assuming the distance between the ocean clouds is 2000 meters is also flawed, they're both extremely close to each other

Best option honestly is to wait for the anime to clarify

They are not close to each other, what you see on that panel is something like this image below

Grtuhjirgthjuirgtehjuiorgthjuiorjuie3r42io90-k23r490-
It is just perspective and angle

0E3C6164-C26B-4BA7-9747-0CC9E7FD8318
From this angle above the clouds, we can see how close they are, if this was 2000 Meters, it would appear far larger

You can't just deny the distance because "It doesnt look higher", even with Nakaba's art (wich is terrible). This angle is even worse, if you wish, I can make a draw for this too

Hey, if you want to make the calc, then go for it, I'm Just personally against assuming the clouds are 2000 Meters, I feel it would inflate the calc, and it doesn't appear to be that large

I will (someday), but I just want to make things clear here before doind the calc

Can you calc multiple lightning bolts as one tho?, does that even work with the equation? Or do you just have to do one

Regardless Sariel and Tarmiel would scale to 1/2 the feat, because it comes from combining their powers

The formula works for one lightning, the result you can multiply by the amount

What the **** these spoilers are in portuguese lmao. I can read them and translate if you guys want

Won't lie Gil has some good ass lightning potential feats in the early chapters I jsut hope no one try's to say the values will be outliers

Back