• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 18

I remember that when Elizabeth got her memories back, she's like, I'm gonna help everyone and fight, and then proceeds to only heal people at the beginning of the Holy War Arc, and then proceeds to get wrecked by Mael, and then never does anything for the rest of the series, basically she is a horrible character

Also just realized that we never found out why the Goddess Elizabeth fell in love with Meliodas, we just keep hearing that she loves him so much, but we never got an explanation about how a Goddess fell in love with a murderous evil Meliodas, her love for him makes 0 sense and it's annoying as hell, and we don't even know why she loves him... god I miss when Hendrickson was a bad guy and when the 10 commandments were a threat

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I honestly thought Fairy Tail was the worst long running shounen we'd see, but man is Nakaba really trying to stoop to some amazing lows.
This just feels like a desparate attempt to recapture the audience after the mistakes that were the last 200 chapters.
I feel as though the ending of every series I've recently watched has been garbage.

Lot of shows have trouble ending the series properly nowadays, Game of Thrones is one of those cases, I actually still enjoy the show, but can admit that it's story has been messy and isn't nearly as good as it used to be, Nanatsu no Taizai was praised to be far better than Fairy Tail, but they're actually really similar storywise and fanwise now, good strong beginnings, weak endings, I mean I still love Fairy Tail's Final Arc, flaws and all, but with Nanatsu no Taizai, I ain't feeling that

I feel as though the ending of every series I've recently watched has been garbage.

"Serious fatigue" is a common problem among the long running series, some stories just run for way too freaking long that at some point both the fans AND the author grow tired of it. Especially near the ending

About the only excpetion of this rule I can think of is One Piece, cuz One Piece is a religion in Japan and Oda is god not a human.

One Piece is a perpetual money maker, it'll never end, just wait till will get the sequel about Buffy, Luffy's Son

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
One Piece is a perpetual money maker, it'll never end, just wait till will get the sequel about Buffy, Luffy's Son
Two Pieces: Legacy.

You know, something that popped into my mind recently is that they could have given the OG Demon a "The One"-like form representing his last minute before dying from his curse. That super ultra form would force Mael to do something crazy like sacrificing the Grace to enter his "The One" form to hold the demon out for one minute.

But whatevs. I just like big fights.

PaChi2 said:
You know, something that popped into my mind recently is that they could have given the OG Demon a "The One"-like form representing his last minute before dying from his curse. That super ultra form would force Mael to do something crazy like sacrificing the Grace to enter his "The One" form to hold the demon out for one minute.

But whatevs. I just like big fights.
Nakaba couldn't do that because he had to fit this war within 100 chapters to fit the episode budget for his anime lol

Why do you think the demon king only lasted 5 chapters? Nakaba was already passed his page adapt limit, therefore the anime will be even more rushed if it's 24 eps again LMAO.

Btw this thread is long can we start thread 19 now?

Game of Throne's ending being bad is nostly because it wasnt made by Martin. But yeah, a lot of recent shonen had bad endings (Naruto, Bleach, Magi, FT). Regarding the FT-NNT comparison, FT is way worse. It was bad in the final arc and it was bad way before that. Nanatsu is more like Magi.

I just realized the only people who call nnt worse than fairy tail are just salty fairy tail fans trying to get their revenge on the nnt community.

Notice how they all have the reasoning of "nuuhh you called ft trash for years, now look how the tables habe turned xd"

BurlapJack said:
I just realized the only people who call nnt worse than fairy tail are just salty fairy tail fans trying to get their revenge on the nnt community.

Notice how they all have the reasoning of "nuuhh you called ft trash for years, now look how the tables habe turned xd"
Was waiting for who would bite the bullet and make this a FT vs NNT thing. Honestly I was beginning to doubt that it was going to happen, thanks for proving me correct.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Imade brought up FT first, not Jack.
Imade said both endings were bad; more or less a fact.

Jack made this a FT community vs NNT community thing, I suppose it's my fault for not clarifying what I meant I apologise for the confusion

I just don't want to derail this thread, also this post nearly reach 500comment so we should make a new one

Can we not have a Fairy Tail vs Nanatsu No Taizai discussion, all I said was that they were similar in story and both had fanbases that were let down by the ending, I didn't mean to start something

>"Can we not have a FT vs NNT discussion"

>Next comment is just trashtalking about FT

Can you guys get back to talking about NNT on the NNT discussion thread?

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Can we not have a Fairy Tail vs Nanatsu No Taizai discussion, all I said was that they were similar in story and both had fanbases that were let down by the ending, I didn't mean to start something
Similar? Nah, NNT is just a waterd down FT there fan are hyping for nothing

Naw, FT was terrible especially with it friendship power and engine which was a bonus added to it. Right now only the 100 Year Quest is saving FT since there r thugs that some people would never thought would happen there

There is so many problems with FT tbh that goes beyone just the shitty friendship BS but lets just leave it at that.

The DK part was pretty shitty but I still think the overall arc was good. You can't get anything good from war arcs

Both series are trash but imo just the presence of Elizabeth and garbage romance is enough reasons to say that NNT is much more trashier. At least FT had great **** lol.

The difference is that FT had a bad and lazy writing for a long time, characters defeated stronger ones without any sense, no plot twist, no surprise or something that left you stuck to the written work, in addition to having a bad end. NNT was just having a bad end anyway.

Back