• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 18

I was also thinking about it, the only way out is if DK can get his other half of the purgatory, otherwise we'll have a pretty big hole in the script.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I see no point in the Demon Lord going into Zeldris. Meliodas was a more powerful host and still got beaten by Ban, now how will a Demon King Zeldris body beat Ban and Meliodas currently who are both by feats and statements to be on par with the Demon King.
Like 99% sure he's not going to try 1v2ing them.

Demon King was obviously desperate; I understand his decisions and also Chusack made him enter his body cause he always wanted that for Zel

AstralKing7 said:
Demon King was obviously desperate; I understand his decisions and also Chusack made him enter his body cause he always wanted that for Zel
Cusack didnt know about the whole DK possessing thing. He was KO'd before the battle. He believed Zeldris would simply become super powerful.

>The one who put the eternal life curse on me was the supreme deity

I am pretty sure this is a plot hole, we established at least twice before now that the one who cursed Mel was his own father

um i dont think it was ever stated and if we look at the fight between them and their kids.. DK was standing in front of liz while SD was infront of meliodas... would make sense they would put the curse on the opposite side

Elizabeth being alive sucked, also Demon King Zeldris... ehhhhhhggggggg, I guess it's cool that what I predicted happened, but still, we're just gonna do Demon King Round 2, no Supreme Deity, that would have made more sense, we already had a war and a big fight with the Demon King, if the past arc wasn't sacrificed for this twist and we knew the battle with the Demon King wasn't the finale, then maybe I'd be a little more forgiving, but ending and rushing a war, and then saying another war is beginning is the stupidest, if you're gonna continue the battle, don't have character resolutions inbetween, just continue the war, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Naruto did it better by having one war with all the villains, also, the whole switcheroo of having SD curse Meliodas and having DK curse Meliodas is a Plot Hole, pretty sure the story implied that they cursed their own child, this is just lazy and bad writing all for a dumb plot twist, all I can hope for is that we see Mael "The One" now, but still I don't know how I feel about this, I mean Meliodas is equal to the Demon King now, and there's Ban, King, and Mael, so their gonna have to do some dumb powerup to make this work

Overall, I just wanted it to end at this point

Zezu1995 said:
um i dont think it was ever stated and if we look at the fight between them and their kids.. DK was standing in front of liz while SD was infront of meliodas... would make sense they would put the curse on the opposite side
meliodas Literally told his father in the purgatory that he can come back back to life because HE putted the curse on him

I really liked the plot twist, Curva out of the cliché, since even those who did not think it was the end were already losing their hopes.

But I hope that the final villain is not DK Zeldris, because I do not see him as such a huge threat since Ban alone has gone brm against DK Meliodas, besides that I do not see Meliodas indon with all the force to kill Zeldris. I hope they swallow the Supreme Deity and the other half of DK's purgatory body.

I understand why hurrying with the DK now, each season of the anime approaches approximately 100 chapters, they must be waiting for the 4 season. But I still do not agree with that, I think it would be better if the final villain of this season was Estarossa with the commandments or Sinner.

Subverting Expections Ôëá Always Good

This and Game of Thrones are proof of that, I think the twist was dumb and sacrificed the last arc

GoT did not subvert any speculation, but for some time we knew that Daenerys was going crazy and that would be the end of it.

And NNT did not kill any arc, the arc has not even started yet, do not be in such a hurry, wait a little.

Me and some Friends like só much that plot Twist, lets wait to see If it Will be Great or not.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Subverting Expections Ôëá Always Good

This and Game of Thrones are proof of that, I think the twist was dumb and sacrificed the last arc
SuBvErTiNg ExPeCtIoNs (Ó▓Ñ´╣ÅÓ▓Ñ)

Imagine if Hendy kill the DK next chapter it "didn't feel right" for meliodas to kill him ╩ò•ß┤Ñ•╩ö

HyperZero95 said:
Actually in chapter 235 the DK says to Zel that he was the one who cursed Eli. He also said it in chapter 300.
Nope. They said this info before even chapter 200, here in ch 196: https://www.***********.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/196/10

And in case you want to call BS on Merlin here is Mel himself saying his father placed his curse on him: https://www.***********.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/183/5

Yeah but the DK himself says this: https://www.***********.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/235/7

And again: https://www.***********.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/300/9

HyperZero95 said:
Yeah but the DK himself says this: https://www.***********.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/235/7

And again: https://www.***********.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/300/9
Wouldn't that just make those retcons?

Who the **** cares who cursed whom

I just want to see mel and zel double team the demon king like naruto and sasuke fought momoshiki

BurlapJack said:
Who the **** cares who cursed whom
I just want to see mel and zel double team the demon king like naruto and sasuke fought momoshiki
Wow that wanna be good

I don't really care about the specifics of the curse, although I do think it makes sense that the Demon King controls more power over death and the process of reincarnation while the Supreme Deity denies death outright. I think Nakaba unfortunately retconned the information, so I guess we go with the most current version I suppose.

I also think that we might definitely see more from the Demon King possessing Zeldris rather than Meliodas. Zeldris doesn't have an emotional/spiritual consciousness to fight off the DK inside like Meliodas could. This might allow the DK to use more viable abilities than he could with Meliodas. I think the existence of Meliodas' DK form and Ban does pose a problem unless they are dealt with though.

Thinking on this side makes sense. I always wondered why DK needed a younger body instead of using the Meliodas curse and never getting old.

Yo question, how come Mel still has the DK powers even tho he doesn't have the 10C anymore, since they in Zel now?

Back