• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta vs Merlin

I said 3k kilometers, as in 3000km
Yes, I saw, I misunderstood your argument about 3km because the highest Asta profile is only km with Devil Union and Ten meters with Anti Magic.

Anyway, judging from Asta's profile, his range cannot reach the Merlin unless your 3000km range has been applied before
Merlin can't even attack as far as she teleports anyway , so even if she goes out of Asta's range, what does she do next?

Actually, wouldn't that be a self induced BFR? Cuz the only thing she can do at this point is either come back to her attacks' range or TP Asta, which won't work because of AM.
As I said, she is not a fighter like Meliodas or Ban, she will not face her enemies and rush into direct combat unless she has some preparation with analysis enemy's strength to determine their weakness. So she basically keeps her distance from her enemies until she figures out how to fight them

As I said, she is not a fighter like Meliodas or Ban, she will not face her enemies and rush into direct combat unless she has some preparation with analysis enemy's strength to determine their weakness. So she basically keeps her distance from her enemies until she figures out how to fight them
And with what exactly will she fight him is the question

Because nothing has been said about Merlin doing anything other than teleport away from Asta.

Anyway, I think we hit grace so I'll just leave it there.

Inb4, if we didn't, we're pretty close to it, so no need to tag me about not hitting grace.

Last edited:
What was the response to Asta anticipating where she will appear with precog and using Zetten in the area?

Someone is bound to have mentioned this right? Cuz Teleportation has shown to be nothing to Asta consistently throughout the series.
Her being able to tp hundreds to thousands of km away and being able to automatically re tp infintely, though if he can null tp she Is ******

And with what exactly will she fight him is the question

Because nothing has been said about Merlin doing anything other than teleport away from Asta.
Her main win condition is that she can spawn infinitely traps that attack automatically and amp them, weakening Asta’s resistances each time he gets trapped.
(Absolute Cancel couldn’t do shit against it)

Infinite TP can keep her at a distance since she can TP thousands of miles away, until her information analysis allow her to find a way to beat Asta.

BFR him inside Purgatory like she did to Hawk.

Though if he can null everything without limits This debate Is useless.

Her main win condition is that she can spawn infinitely traps that attack automatically and amp them, weakening Asta’s resistances each time he gets trapped.

Infinite TP can keep her at a distance since she can TP thousands of miles away, until her information analysis allow her to find a way to beat Asta.

Asta nullifies everything and also resists information analysis

Anyway, Merlin doesn't have the wincon to harm Asta but Asta can't approach Merlin either so I guess it's more like an inconclusive match

Anyway, Merlin doesn't have the wincon to harm Asta but Asta can't approach Merlin either so I guess it's more like an inconclusive match
He negs her teleportation with Causality Manip, we already went over this
Asta’s has Causality based Negation, Absolute Cancel doesn't, so right of the bat, they're not comparable.
And the weakening effects would also be taken care of with Causality break, that's something Asta has done against Damnatio.

Anti-Magic renders Asta unable to be teleported, that is something Yuno (someone who not only has interdimensional BFR too, but even has Anti-Magic resistance) couldn't do.

So yeah, BFR ain't happening.
In this case yeah, teleportation and magic effects are something Anti-Magic has shown to work on.

And Merlin doesn't seem to have resistance to powernull, much less one that works by affecting Causality itself.

Merlin someday has to do something

if she does not attack Asta for 24 hours is automatic BFR from her part as it will considered that she abandoned the fight

If she enter in Asta range she loses as Asta nulls her teleport and he is not doing anything to tire himself out in this fight and he can last 3 days mid fight, make that even longer if he takes breaks

Merlin is not taking more than 3 days to think a plan, and any plan she thinks is useless because Antimagic nullifies her powers

Stomp like I said since the beginning of this fight

I can't believe I forgot to click on "post reply" for 5 hours

The problem here is how can he negs if he can't reach to her distance?
Merlin someday has to do something

if she does not attack Asta for 24 hours is automatic BFR from her part as it will considered that she abandoned the fight

If she enter in Asta range she loses as Asta nulls her teleport and he is not doing anything to tire himself out in this fight and he can last 3 days mid fight, make that even longer if he takes breaks

Merlin is not taking more than 3 days to think a plan, and any plan she thinks is useless because Antimagic nullifies her powers

Stomp like I said since the beginning of this fight

I can't believe I forgot to click on "post reply" for 5 hours
I'm not saying she won't fight; she does, but most of the time she uses her skills to probe and find Asta's weakness or something, while Asta can't even get close to her. Since she is smart and can trick people, so it's possible that she will buy time until Asta is worn out

He has to get close to her to do so.
Asta’s has Causality based Negation, Absolute Cancel doesn't, so right of the bat, they're not comparable.
Good luck to null infinite traps that activate automatically we saw magic attacks dealing damage to him AM Is just an armor
And the weakening effects would also be taken care of with Causality break, that's something Asta has done against Damnatio.
He’ll have to deal with it infinitely tho without her ever tiring
Anti-Magic renders Asta unable to be teleported, that is something Yuno (someone who not only has interdimensional BFR too, but even has Anti-Magic resistance) couldn't do.

So yeah, BFR ain't happening.
I’ll trust you on this One
In this case yeah, teleportation and magic effects are something Anti-Magic has shown to work on.

And Merlin doesn't seem to have resistance to powernull, much less one that works by affecting Causality itself.
She resists Powernull but AM was shown to be able to Null up to a certain point.

Her AP isn’t high enough to deal loads of damage

Back