• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta vs Merlin

Reason I am not voting nor wanting to discuss this, Asta counters Merlin, full magic user vs antimagic= what do you expect

And Asta canceled spatial magic teleportation in the beginning of the series, for sure he can negate her teleport, and he can't be teleported with antimagic forcefield/aura and even less in devil union, in devil union he can't even let his friends support him with magic

If anything, just use Zenon vs Merlin or another BC character, Asta is overused, bordering Uber tier usage in Smogon
Again their is still a range limit Merlin can just keep teleporting away at least 1000 km away from Asta and just keep playing keep away until he runs out of stamina. Also don’t his anti magic have to hit the portals though? Merlin teleportation is self targeting. Also Asta base form has very low magic resistance since Liebe could summon enough anti magic to protect them from Lucifero.

Also Asta base form has very low magic resistance
Low magic resistance

Also Asta in base walking and nullifying magic + antimagic skin on his whole body

Also using beginning of series Asta logic of "having to target portals" when his antimagic can act now with just lifting the third sword and canceling magic on an area

Nothing more to say in this fight, Merlin is gonna just stall without any knowledge with teleporst while getting blitzed at the beginning at 4KM and this Asta can fight for 3 days at minimun, more when Merlin is not even attacking him if she is just gonna teleport all the time while Asta is just trying to blitz her the moment she appears

Low magic resistance

Also Asta in base walking and nullifying magic + antimagic skin on his whole body

Also using beginning of series Asta logic of "having to target portals" when his antimagic can act now with just lifting the third sword and canceling magic on an area

Nothing more to say in this fight, Merlin is gonna just stall without any knowledge with teleporst while getting blitzed at the beginning at 4KM and this Asta can fight for 3 days at minimun, more when Merlin is not even attacking him if she is just gonna teleport all the time while Asta is just trying to blitz her the moment she appears
Merlin does use teleportation on herself especially in dangerous situations. She used it against Zeldris vortex since she is sort of a glass cannon and won’t let herself get hit by an energy that literally cancels magic. Again her teleportation is automatic after the first use. So after the first teleport she would teleport again automatically. Out of Asta range. Again Merlin is a genius so she would pick up things instantly. Also how come Yuno star magic can work on base Asta but not devil union? I mean Merlin resists law based power null(the commandments) and dark powers which anti magic seems to relate to.

I lost the comment, but it's Chapter 334 for Asta reverting Lucius's teleportation, right before Lucius powers up

Now I need scans for Merlin endlessly teleporting, not at it matters though because of Asta's Causality Manip

Ok but Merlin is still within the battlefield, which is relatively small btw, just merely out of Zeldris's range. We don't see her teleport thousands of kilometers away like some people here are implying

Now I'm even more convinced that Zetten will nail her

Ok but Merlin is still within the battlefield, which is relatively small btw, just merely out of Zeldris's range. We don't see her teleport thousands of kilometers away like some people here are implying

Like I said earlier Merlin isn’t one to allow herself to be in dangerous situations. Also for Zeldris that’s simply because she could I mean if a vortex is pulling you in and you have unlimited magic do you teleport to a different country or just spam teleportation. Besides she was their to help her friends running away would be a bad look. Here that’s not an issue. And besides seeing as her attacks are negated and he has large range she would just teleport away also Merlin can send herself and others to a different dimension. I don’t know if this counts but ki sensing shouldn’t work considering that Merlin’s time is frozen so would precognition work? Merlin teleportation is automatic after the first use so I don’t she how blitzing would work on automatic ability.

The reason she didn't teleport thousands of kilometers in that battle was because of the darkness barrier cast by Meliodas, which can destroy/nullify any magic, even Merlin's teleportation spell. Thus, we can see her still in a battle, but throughout the story, we can see Merlin use her teleport to travel hundreds and thousands of kilometers, we can even see she can teleport Vivan to multiple locations that are not even near anywhere in Britannia.

The reason she didn't teleport thousands of kilometers in that battle was because of the darkness barrier cast by Meliodas, which can destroy/nullify any magic, even Merlin's teleportation spell. Thus, we can see her still in a battle, but throughout the story, we can see Merlin use her teleport to travel hundreds and thousands of kilometers, we can even see she can teleport Vivan to multiple locations that are not even near anywhere in Britannia.
It's not about whether she can do it or not, I know she can.

It's about whether it's in character for her to teleport so far that not even she can attack that far.

Even if she goes kilometers away, Asta's Zetten can reach up to 3k kilometers. That would be a futile attempt, especially since Asta can neg Teleportation via Causality Manip, something Merlin doesn't even resist

It's about whether it's in character for her to teleport so far that not even she can attack that far.

Even if she goes kilometers away, Asta's Zetten can reach up to 3k kilometers. That would be a futile attempt, especially since Asta can neg Teleportation via Causality Manip, something Merlin doesn't even resist
Then she would just teleport away again it’s automatic after the first use. Again she can teleport like 10k km or just go to a different dimension. She did teleport the sins from Liones to Camelot .

The problem here is the distance between Merlin and Asta is about 4km based on SBA, which mean Asta's Zetten unable to reach to negate Merlin's magic.

According to Merlin's character, she is the type of person who will keep a distance from her opponent to analyze her opponent's strength. Basically, she won't face an enemy unless she has a plan or knows her opponent's strength to prepare some things to counter them just like how she face to face with Zeldris, Chandler and Crusack or Grayroad

The problem here is the distance between Merlin and Asta is about 4km based on SBA, which mean Asta's Zetten unable to reach to negate Merlin's magic.

According to Merlin's character, she is the type of person who will keep a distance from her opponent to analyze her opponent's strength. Basically, she won't face an enemy unless she has a plan or knows her opponent's strength to prepare some things to counter them just like how she face to face with Zeldris, Chandler and Crusack or Grayroad
Asta's Zetten is thousands of kilometers

That bootleg Aizen is getting tagged

So what exactly is Zetten's distance? Epsilon_R says it can reach up to 3km and even the range in his profile is only Kilometers at best, even his ant-magic was only ten meters as his current profile notes
It's not in his profile yet for some reason, but his range in that calc was around 3000km

Edit: fixed the number

blackclovertcb_334_007.png
blackclovertcb_334_008.png

Merlin doesn't even get the liberty to teleport if you look at these panels carefully, asta swings a black slash at lucius, he attempts to teleport but demon destroyer stops it so that he can take the brunt of black slash. Asta is absolutely doing the same to Merlin
Black Meteorite. Her magic power attracts him like a homing device

Why was this match even made? The god tiers of nnt can win this since they don’t only really on magic.
Unless you said "Chaos"

No one defeat Lucius

Be proud Chaos, you are strong (I don't know if Arthur has the same passive and hax that chaos has)

Sekke fodderizes alongside Twigo, their battle destroys the infinite hyperverse, leaving only the one piece intact

She couldn’t TP out of the battlefield due to the Negative energy properties, though We saw her tp Viviane thousands of km away.

She couldn’t TP out of the battlefield due to the Negative energy properties, though We saw her tp Viviane thousands of km away.

What was the response to Asta anticipating where she will appear with precog and using Zetten in the area?

Someone is bound to have mentioned this right? Cuz Teleportation has shown to be nothing to Asta consistently throughout the series.

Back