• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 16

Exactly the shockwave from the Original Demon's fusion dispersed the Darkness surrounding Camelot which could withstand the shockwave from the battle between Full Power Zeldris and The One Escanor. So Zeldris isn't above the Original Demon until we have solid confirmation that he is stronger. Also The One Escanor didn't stomp Full Power Zeldris you could literally see his veins popping which shows that he's putting forth a ton of effort just to break through Full Power Zeldris' defense. Also he only stabbed Zeldris w/ God and 2nd Demon Mark not full power Zeldris.

Zeldris only managed to overpower Mael after getting an emotional boost. Before that Afternoon Mael was soundly beating him without a fuss.

Base Original Demon didn't even struggle with Afternoon Escanor. He overpowered him in all their battles. I feel like you're confusing stomping with struggling. And like I said before the only reason he didn't stomp Escanor was due to plot. His fusees (True Form Chandler and Cusack) are individually far stronger than Post-Revival Assault Mode Meliodas who had previously stomped Near-Noon Escanor.

That first point is literally irrelevant considering everything he has done after that contradicts that. Actual combat feats are better. And all of his contradicts him even being anywhere near then one. He is still using basic attacks. Like karate chops and finger pokes. Even chandler and cusack were dumbfounded by it. It's like me trying to beat up a little kid but handicapping myself.

Everyone fights harder when fighting with emotion. Nothing new, nothing worth noting.

He struggled. They clashed. He wasn't Able to put him out at all untill he was out of juice. Thus the fight was a struggle. To be fair, even before the fuse Escanor could still handle their attacks. Heck even cusack attempted to dodge one of his attacks.

If you wanna be like that then Escanor was fighting with emotion too lol.

Nothing really contradicts it just yet. Original Demon can easily slash apart remote controlled Form One Chastiefol which Zeldris has a seemingly even fight with on and off panel using God. Original Demon got one shot by Afternoon Mael's magic while Zeldris got easily defeated by Mael in physical combat without using magic due to God. Also most of Escanor's stats are in physical power not magic. So his physical attacks are probably even stronger than his magic attacks.

Except in NNT emotions can give them a power level boost big enough that they could overpower somebody that would normally defeat them as shown with Ban and Meliodas and now Zeldris as well.

For the last time. He didn't struggle. We literally see him overpower Afternoon Escanor in all their clashes. You're the confusing the words struggling and stomping. Struggling is when you have a hard time beating somebody while stomping is when you easily beat somebody. Original Demon didn't struggle with Escanor and he also didn't stomp him due to plot. He simply beated the crap out of Escanor who was trying to block all of his attacks with his body once Merlin started to use Chrono Coffin.

Though at this point I'm not even gonna be surprised if Nakaba changes his mind and decides to make the Original Demon's weaker than Full Power Zeldris. But until he changes it we're just gonna go with the current scaling where The Original Demon is stronger than Full Power Zeldris and The One Escanor in Base. Although even than there's still gonna be quite a few characters stronger than The One Escanor.

You make it seem like the emotions boost can overcome a power level difference that's double to triple that of Near-Noon Escanor's highest measured power level. Even with the emotion boost Ban only managed to increase his power level by 650 which is only around a fifth of his base power level. So even if Escanor did get a emotional boost I doubt it could double or triple his power level to close the gap between him and the Original Demon.

Everything does... cause king and Zeldris are about the same. If the one Escanor can only take scratches from Zeldris with nebula and god, and defeat him with his finger, than it proves the original isn't even close. The original demon has struggled with every single person thus far. King made him bleed through his guard. Whoever is stronger Zeldris or sinner it doesn't matter. Regardless they are close. And Zelris level opponents or close can only can make Escanor scratch. Escanor also would be Able to use his actual magic vs the sinner. Yet he didn't need it for Zeldris to overpower nebula. Oh and again same tier. So yea the sinner gets one shot.

I don't understand your logic. He stomped him but didn't stomp him due to plot. Pick one.

And about the last. Ok? So why are you assuming this with Zeldris.. and even so there is no definite of how much an emotion boost gives you.

Is it possible that OG Demon popping that darkness bubble could be an outlier? Considering he did not instantly Stomp near-noon Escanor, and Zeldris didn't use ON afterwards since The Sinner was near him. In additon to being smacked by Ludociel with his real body.

Now that I think about it, I find it hard to beleive Ludociel is stronger than The One. No... it's silly

King remote controlling Chastiefol from far away is comparable to Zeldris w/ God. The One Escanor struggled to break through Full Power Zeldris' defense how many times do I have to say this. He defeated Zeldris w/ God and 2nd Demon Mark with one finger not Full Power Zeldris. King made him bleed through his guard but the Original Demon still managed to cut Form One Chastiefol into pieces something Zeldris w/ God can't do. Whoever is stronger between Zeldris and the Original Demon does matter. They are basically the whole reason we have a really high Low 6-B scaling chain. If the Original Demon turns out to be weaker than Full Power Zeldris than the Low 6-B scaling chain would get a bit smaller. God negates magic no matter how powerful it is. So instead Escanor just went with physical attack.

Original Demon didn't really stomp Escanor as badly as Post-Revival Assault Mode Meliodas did. What he did was more similar to Indura Derieri beating the crap out of Ludoshel without completely stomping him. Though to be honest with the huge difference in power level Original Demon really should've one shotted Near-Noon Escanor.

Because we literally see Zeldris go from getting overpowered by Afternoon Mael to overpowering him.

Outlier could be a thing but right now the scaling is honestly confusing as it is. All we know is that

Afternoon Mael can easily stop Full Power Zeldris.

The One Escanor struggled to defeat Full Power Zeldris.

True Body Ludoshel stomped Base Original Demon at night.

Base Original Demon is at least stronger than Zeldris w/ God at night.

Elizabeth is stronger than True Body Ludoshel.

Prime Demon Mark Meliodas once made Near-Noon Mael retreat in the past.

True Wings King and Chastiefol has higher durability than Afternoon Mael.

Etc. etc.

Apparently somebody asked Nakaba and he said when Meliodas fought Mael in the prequel manga it was close to noon.

Lets see here.

Feats for being stronger than The One and Full Power Zeldris.

Popping a darkness bubble that shockwaves from The One could not.

Feats contradicting this.

Zeldris not activating ON, likely to not hurt his ally.

Failing to instantly stomp Near-Noon Escanor, although he is clearly quite a bit stronger than him.

Getting smacked by Ludociel and only starting to make him struggle with Crisis

So yeah....

Well that's weird, it would mean that Mael is only stronger than Mel as The One.How were they even considered rivals if Mael could only beat Mel for one minute while Mel could have stomped him during night and for most of the day?

Well, i think that we can all agree that Escanor not getting destroyed was for plot, as he got destroyed even by 142 000 Mel. I agree with the rest.

Meliodas was actually shown to be comparable to Mael when they fought in the prequel. So the reason Mael retreated was probably because they were fighting after noon. Cause if it wasn't than I don't see why Mael would retreat when they are in the celestial realm where he has a home field advantage.

But yeah the feat with Original Demon popping the darkness is legit but it will probably be an outlier once Nakaba confirms who is stronger between Zeldris and the Original Demon.

You are right, the yin-yang symbol represented them as equals so Mael retreated later probably because he was getting weaker.

If king makes him bleed through his guard, what do you think would happen if he actually landed contact. And about the first point I don't see what you are trying to say. Like I really. Don't. Also why is breaking chastiefol relevant. It was stopped by his shield and at that point it was just there. So of course it was easy to break it. That feat in itself is even weird mentioning. And no it wasn't like indura deri feat. Indura derieri was outlandishly Stronger, faster and more durable than Ludoshel. And it sounds like you are going all over the place with Zeldris' power

A struggle means the opponent you are fighting is giving you effort. You aren't just effortlessly tossing them around. If the person is Able to tank your attacks and clash with you that assumes a struggle.

And mentioning zeldris can null magic supports my point. Because he is only resorting to his physical strength to take him out. Mael is actually forming blades and shit while Escanor is using karate chops. The physical strength isn't the same.

But also now that im think you know that im one of the guys who most hate the hype that ppl have for the OD but merlin after seein full power zeldris she still think that they could win she only lose all hope to win after sensing OD s magic power so that will mean that he is stronger than zeldris

Inb4 the Original Demon hits Ban during the fight with DK Mel with a suicide attack with a fully charged Crisis/Climax and that doesn't kill but takes him out of commission so that Elizabeth fights DK Mel but then she absorbs the other Graces to be strong enough to actually fight him

There is no question Afternoon Mael is stronger than The One Escanor. Mael broke through Zeldris' defense with no damage when Escanor actually got bruised. It's also implied that King is stronger than the Original Demon. Making him bleed through his guard would mean that there is an even greater gap than Mid-Morning Escanor and Estarossa.

Yes, Mael also dispersed True Night and melted Zeldris sword which instead was fine when Zel used it to hold back divine sword Escanor.

But yeah even if the Original Demon is weaker than Zeldris it wouldn't really matter that much. Since The One Escanor would still be weaker than quite a few characters in the series. Off the top of my head The One Escanor would be weaker than

Demon King, Supreme Deity, Full Throttle Wild, Sunshine Mael, Prime Meliodas, True Wings King, and (Possibly) Mama Hawk, Prime Elizabeth, and Post-Purgatory Ban

Irrelevant. Zel only have Escanor scratches and he heavily made mael bleed. That example was silly.

That example doesn't mean anything. Stop using weird feats that aren't even combat applicable. Like for example, it could be because his power was "awakened." As where Escanor already had his power up before true night came. Could be because he knows more tricks with the power better. Could be Escanor was unaware he could do such a thing. Etc. it felt like to me they wanted an angelic hype entrance for mael. Again Escanor is only using a karate chop and whole mael over here forming blades and shit. Which one sounds more impressive.

Seriously why can't you just accept it. The One Escanor is no longer that strong. The power creep has caught up to him like almost every other shounen series does to a former strongest character in the final arc.

Because it wasn't shown. The examples are bad and easily countered. Stuff like dispersing the sphere sounds impressive untill when he fights he isn't so impressive. Stuff like ppl also discounting the fact that he has sunshine in the one. He only is scratched by Zeldris. Broke his guard with a karate chop. Even if the sinner is above Zelris, they are on the same tier. Since Escanor can't use magic on zel he Can use it on the sinner. And if he only needs a karate chop for Zeldris tiered opponents he would destroy the sinner with sunshine or probably even without.

You want me to accept something when I can list multiple ways why they way of thinking is flawed. No.

And on top of that the examples y'all are giving are so bad it would even make Ludoshel be above Escanor in the one. No. At this point it's hardly logic and just using everything you can to prove a point even when you don't believe in what you are actually saying. Even versus questioned Ludoshel being above the one

The scaling itself in the show is shit lol. That's why this is as crazy as it is. Nnt boils down to this

"I was the strongest all along" "Oh but we were the strongest since the beginning." In a nutshell

Zeldris was comparable to escanor and also zeldris calls mel Too damm strong and mael fougth on par with mel thats means afternoon mael above escanor

Escanor struggled to beat omionus nebula i dont know why is so hard to you that Mael is stronger than escanor even without the one

is the same with prime mel who is far stronger than his post revival self assault mode even withouth the assault mode

tbh mael never got pass ON.. when he melted zeldris sword it made him lose focus but scaling to escanor he would get pass it anyways so i guess it dont matter... but maybe we should wait for the manga to be 100% done and hopefully some more questions answered cuz all we do here is fight xd

The One Escanor Beat Zeldris with One finger, Mael have a Good h2h fight with Zeldris. Just "The One Mael" Will be more powerful than The One Escanor.

Not sure but I think it was in one of the mangahelpers thread where somebody mentioned something about Nakaba saying it was near noon when Mael fought Meliodas.

Back