• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 16

ban body tanking so much but do anyone have the Q/A? i asked nabaka 3 questions trynna see if he answers one of them.. tho its a small chance due to soo many people asking him

bans looking good now... but if he uses the ruler i dont see how bans gonna win.. even with gift his immortality is gone so thats a risky move

He didn't seem to start feeling the effects of Emotions Meliodas until after he beat down Ban.

And getting weaker means that your AP decreases. Not necessarily your durability.

Versusjunkie you know that a stronger version of ban gets fodderized by a weaker version of the DK a few chapters ago i doubt that loses his immortality or kiss elaine make ban stronger

That is a trend we see with characters who can regenerate. The author is more willing to make their bodies get destroyed if it won't kill them.

Just look at aliens from Ben 10 who can regenerate. Their bodies get destroyed, but not characters with equivalent power who can't regenerate.

Same goes for Edo Tensei's from Naruto. They can regenerate, so we see them losing body parts and all that. But when they are alive, that pretty much never happens.

It's merely a trope with regenerating characters.

But even so. Make as many excuses as you like. Recusing Hawk and taking that tornado are things that Ludociel, Mael, and a weakened King were absolutely not capable of.

King was able to shield everyone with his Pollen Garden still even in his weakened state, so that's another feat to him as well.

VersusJunkie54 said:
But even so. Make as many excuses as you like. Recusing Hawk and taking that tornado are things that Ludociel, Mael, and a weakened King were absolutely not capable of.
Yeah but the same ban with his immortality dont do a shit against The Dk in the purgatory and this DK is likely even stronger that what im saying even if you like ban you have to see how ridiculous this is

Ban should still have at least Low 6-B durability for taking physical hits from Demon King Meliodas. But the storm thing should be more of a resistance feat rather than durability feat since weaker characters can also block it.

Peter1129 said:
Ban should still have at least Low 6-B durability for taking physical hits from Demon King Meliodas. But the storm thing should be more of a resistance feat rather than durability feat since weaker characters can also block it.
With a special defensive ability that is well above their normal durability anyways

@Versus I think it still speaks to the power he actually has with his new spear forms, but yeah it doesn't scale to his normal durability.

Gelan06 said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
Yeah but the same ban with his immortality dont do a shit against The Dk in the purgatory and this DK is likely even stronger that what im saying even if you like ban you have to see how ridiculous this is
Again. Regenerationn trope.

Do you really think Mael for instance could've rescued Hawk or made the DK bleed?

I agree with Ban being stronger than mael but look how is stupid this is i dont know if is a recton but if purgatory Ban was that strong why he doenst fight the DK that well in the purgatory?

Gelan06 said:
I agree with Ban being stronger than mael but look how is stupid this is i dont if a recton but if purgatory Ban was that strong why he doenst fight the DK that well in the purgatory?
That is a trend we see with characters who can regenerate. The author is more willing to make their bodies get destroyed if it won't kill them.

Just look at aliens from Ben 10 who can regenerate. Their bodies get destroyed, but not characters with equivalent power who can't regenerate.

Same goes for Edo Tensei's from Naruto. They can regenerate, so we see them losing body parts and all that. But when they are alive, that pretty much never happens.

It's merely a trope with regenerating characters.

Is not the same make two characters and make one with regenation that has a leeser durability that make the same character has a higher durability after losing his regenariton without making him stronger . Ban dint get another power up after the purgatory

SVersusJunkie54 said:
By your logic Ban is 10-C Pre Purgatory because he was lightly damaged by a kid with a Pitchfork
Stop saying think that i dint say. you have to admit how ridiculous are your comparions and dont admit how stupid is that the same key or ban gets beat up by the Dk and then magically he is on his level

Also who's going to make a profile for Wild? Now we know how strong Post-Purgatory Ban is we can now safely say Base Wild is also Low 6-B since he was portrayed as being stronger than Ban in Puragtory.

I'm trying to say that with regenerating characters. Authors often make them get much worse injuries more often because its a way of saying "Look this guy can't be beaten so easily" Despite being portrayed as comparable to characters that injure them much more than they would someone who can't regenerate.

I guarantee that if Escanor had Ban-level Regenerationn we would've seen him getting torn tf up in his battle with Meliodas or The Sinner.

yo i asked nabaka 3 questions
1- is ocean the size of a real ocea
2-is goddspeed lightspeed?
3- do elizabeth have a grace or her own...

and this is the Q/A for this chapter Q/A:
Q328: (Fufu-san from Germany) If Meliodas' master is a very powerful magic practicioner, why isn't Meliodas using magic?
A: He's someone that prefers moving his body..........

Peter1129 said:
Also who's going to make a profile for Wild? Now we know how strong Post-Purgatory Ban is we can now safely say Base Wild is also Low 6-B since he was portrayed as being stronger than Ban in Puragtory.
Feel free to make it

VersusJunkie54 said:
I'm trying to say that with regenerating characters. Authors often make them get much worse injuries more often because its a way of saying "Look this guy can't be beaten so easily" Despite being portrayed as comparable to characters that injure them much more than they would someone who can't regenerate.
I guarantee that if Escanor had Ban-level Regenerationn we would've seen him getting torn tf up in his battle with Meliodas or The Sinner.
i know that for example if ban just appear a few chapters ago tanked all the attacks of the original demon and beat the crap out of him it would be normal but do the same with the Dk who just stomp that ban like a million times in 60 years is a weird retcon or nakaba just get mad

Who knew? Fighting the god tier for 60 years in hell will probably make you stronger It's a wierd retcon in a way since the trope is no longer applying to Ban.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Who knew? Fighting the god tier for 60 years in hell will probably make you stronger
probably i was thinking that but in the final fight the DK was too strong and Wild have to sacrifice and mel use his real magic to ban escape and know he fights in the same level with a probably stronger Dk is just weird

I'll make it once I'm home. But first can somebody remove the text in these two pictures?

A62E676B-3C9D-4C0D-ABE6-AEFF8367A7ED
Base Wild

61C1A2FF-0B82-4D24-BE56-AE47D38B0B2C
Wild Full Throttle

I adjusted Ban's durability justification.

"Undamaged by a tornado that forced King to shield himself with Pollen Garden, and Ludoshel to do the same"

Which chapter is that base Wild image from? I may be able to get a clean version.

Oh right. Due to people using Ban as a troll topic thing his page has been renamed to Ban (Nanatsu no Taizai). We still need to replace the links on other profiles.

Back