• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Was gonna say "Reinhard vs Cthulhu" but not only is Kemono-dono repetitive....it was more a question of "Could Reinhard kill Cthulhu?" sort of thing. Plus, Kuubou and Cthulhu are sort of eldrith horror beings from their own verse so...

Anyways, the Fallen Dragon God of our humanity takes on the High Priest of the Great Old Ones.

The scenario is basically Kuubou coming about somehow in Cthulhu's City to just wreck shit and the latter is like "welp, gotta take out the trash so..." and.....yeah.

Nakiri Kuubou: 2

Cthulhu: 1

Inconclusive: 2

Kuubou is in Nine-Headed Dragon Emperor form for this fight. And sadly, though in some way i feel it's somewhat unnecessery cause he don't move at all normally, speed's equalized......seriously, Kuubou does not move normally whenever he appears to destroy shit.

Nine Dragons Kuubou
Cthulhu by disse86-d9tq84i

Just taking a glance at their profiles, Kuubou seems more haxed overall, so I'm pretty sure he takes this handily.

I will take that as appeasement for the Dragon God. Though i kind of thought and figured Cthulhu's higher dimensional hax and reality warping thing would do with Kuubou along with his.....whatever the heck he's made out of.

Hmmmmm. Is Kuubou a dream? Could Cthulu do anything with his telepathy to destroy humanity's dream of Kuubou or something?

@Monarch: Kuubou exists only as a dream since that's basically what he is along with Shinno Akikage here. Basically, they are what you call Tatari's, or Waste Gods, which are Gods who are corrupted and are nothing like what they are originally.

In Kuubou's case, he was originally Huanglong, the Guardian and literal avatar of our humanity and Earth. The thing for him....is that i don't recall anything of him being connected to humanity anymore when he's like....well this. I wish i could say that's possible but....yeah.

That and Kuubou's existence ties directly to Alaya, which is the source of existence across humanity and of parallel worlds along with that of the past, present, and future. Kuubou COULD die if you ignore his regen, but he'll just come back eventually....though i believe he needs Captai here to do that as he's the reason why Huanglong is like this. Which, quick fact, Amakasu can summon gods as like Shinno boy and Kuubou here.

Cthulhu can use abilities such as [NO INFORMATION FOUND] to [INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR RESULT].

Speculating, here's how I see it. Kuubou has far more confirmed hax and abilities, and Cthulhu can't permanently get rid of him due to Type 8 immortality and regen. Cthulhu has drastically less known about him, but Call of Cthulhu confirms he is not made of matter, and instance something that has its origins in an entirely different reality. Going by what is said in The Dunwich Horror, he can at least dimly view the dimensionless forms of higher-up GOOs, which is completely impossible for anything native to the regular universe. R'lyeh is also said to be composed of geometry and dimensions different from the ones of our universe, so I don't think Kuubou is capable of fully getting rid of Cthulhu either, though he has more ways to physically **** him up.

So I guess that's inconclusive for ya, mmm? And yeah, that's what I thought too maybe Cthulhu's nature could balance Kuubou's destructive hax.

Anyone else...

So far, it seems that this is an inconclusive for 1 and i guess a 1 vote for Kuubou currently...

I feel like "he isn't made of conventional matter and can sorta see the outerversal forms of GOOs and his underwater city has a kinda weird layout" isn't enough to say that Kuubou can't kill him (sorry Azzy), and overall Kuubou seems like he has ways to work around Cthulu's weirdness so I'll vote for him

I'll take that as a vote then.

Tally so far is now of Kuubou with 2, Cthulhu with 0, and i'm assuming 1 for inconclusive.

@Monarch

I didn't know Kuubou could hurt higher-dimensional beings/objects. Is that part of one of his abilities? I'm not familiar with the character.

I ask this because Cthulhu's truest essence is suggested to be from a higher plane of existence, and even just assuming 4-D, I didn't know if Kuubou could destroy things of that level.

Not really. If he did, then I would have added it to his page.

Especially since I'm the one who created his page.

Oh.

Then I don't see how he's permanently getting rid of Cthulhu. Just exploding him until the end of time.

Of course, if we use only what is 100% confirmed about Cthulhu (from the primary canon), we have literally nothing to go on.

Since when can a higher dimensional behind get a boat rammed through its head? (yes I know it didn't hurt it at all)

Call of Cthulhu makes it clear that what you see of Cthulhu and other lesser great old ones is only a fractional part of what they really are.

"These Great Old Ones, Castro continued, were not composed altogether of flesh and blood. They had shape - for did not this star-fashioned image prove it? - but that shape was not made of matter."

Said matterless shape is also fractional, as Crhulhu originates from a chaos without shape or symmetry.

"Never was a sane man more dangerously close to the arcana of basic entity—never was an organic brain nearer to utter annihilation in the chaos that transcends form and force and symmetry. I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."

This is mostly into the real of theory, but I think Cthulhu should sorta be able to affect Kuubou. I've not read it fully, but Lovecraftian mythos got a thing for dream worlds and the alikes. Now, I've only seen Nyarlathotep, Hunting Horrors and the alikes directly affecting dream-beings, but shouldn't Cthulhu be able to do something as well, although to lower degrees than Nya?

@EV

Well, GOOs speak through transmitted thought, and formed cults by moulding the dreams and minds of civilizations. Considering the Dreamlands are a real place in the mythos, I'd assume he can.

@Monarch

Perhaps? Personally, I assume that, when two things are similar in concept, they are basically the same (Not identical, mind you, there may be some key differences).

@Azzy

Good.

This is a tough one, but I'll try to think of the result, brb.

Kanten is a dream world that exists in Senshinkan so...

Anyways, I'm not gonna deny that Cthulhu could possibly affect someone like Kuubou. But if it's dream related, then it's really....complicated to defeat the guy.

In-verse, Harumitsu Oosugi was able to defeat him using a sort of sacrifice via his ability in order to erase Kuubou....which failed and then he went with an alternative which is to purify him to his original form.

Which honestly.....that's really the only thing that could defeat Kuubou. Aside from maybe destroying the earth, making sacrifices to Kuubou works as well just fine. Idek if using something dream related can work since nobody except Haru was able to beat him in any other way. That and Kuubou's not affected in any way by the minds of humanity. He's literally just a walking dream created/corrupted by Amakasu.

So, here's what I think of this.

If we use only what we do know for sure about Cthulhu, I think Kuubou should take this. Cthulhu may not be made of matter, alright, but Dragon's Roar can annihilate people who aren't made out of that either. That, and it pretty much destroys everything that it hits. Kuubou in general seems to have many techniques that allow such kind of destruction. Cthulhu may be able to affect and even wound him, but tbh, I can't see Cthulhu doing any lasting damage, thanks to Kuubou's nature, Regenerationn and immortality, while Kuubou's hax powers are way more solid and can kill adult Squidward.

If we delve into the realm of theory, things get much more confusing, because Cthulhu's power is so vague that it may not change much from the result above, OR could allow him to fight Kuubou to equal grounds, with neither being capable of killing each other.

So, I place my vote in Kuubou, based on what I do know about both of them.

I mean, using what we do know about Cthulhu, we don't really know anything for sure, which is the problem. Virtually everything is suggested.

If we only go by what's confirmed by what we see or are told directly via reliable narrator, we know this:

• He can fly at MFTL+ speeds
  • He can regenerate
That's it, which is why all Cthulhu fights using only primary canon involve lots of speculation by default.

I thought that we also had immortality (Not just age based, but thanks to Cthylla), Reality or Spatial Manipulation (City-wide, at least) and madness inducing.

Madness inducing and reality warping (probably higher-dimensional manipulation), yes. Immortality is an unknown type, but we just know he's older than our universe and "can't die".

Cthylla is EU (at least I think her lore is).

Isn't the reason he induce madness in humans is because he is this being so utterly superior to them it makes them seem like ants in comparison and they go mad from realising how small and weak they are?

I mean while they both can bypass durability the thing i wonder is that about Cthulu's dura cause it's unknown so i got no idea if Kuubou's non dura passing attacks will help btw Kuubou is resistence to Spiritual, Mental, Material, Spatial, Temporal, and Conceptual attacks

The full extent of cthulhu's abilities are unknown, if there are any limits in the first place. I'd have to give this one to cthulhu overall because he is basically indestructible.

Hmm...there's a possible revision that's going on with Cthulhu and those like him but i'll keep this going on for a while at least.

So it's 2 for Kuubou, 1 for Cthulhu, and 2 for Inconclusive then.

Edit: Nvrmind, disregard the Cthulhu revision thing cause something came up about it that won't happen, apparnetlly.

Back