• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Scaling For Weaker Cthulhu Mythos Entities?

Okay. Feel free to do so then. Tell us here when you are done.

I fixed Dagon. Looking at the profiles I think the Great Old Ones are fine though I find the idea that Nug and Yeb are only High 6-B and not, like, likely 1-A pretty weird.

Please elaborate. If an upgrade is necessary, I can send a notification to knowledgeable members.

I just find it weird that the spawn of Yog-Sothoth and Shub-Niggurath wouldn't be among the 1-A Great Old Ones. We have nothing to prove that they are among them, but I believe that they probably are. The lesser Great Old Ones, the ones scaling from Cthulhu, are all second-generation and of the same age as Cthulhu.

Okay, so would "Likely 1-A" be appropriate then?

I'm far from the most knowledgeable on Cthulu Mythos, but looking at the profiles and the justifications, a rating of "At least High 6-B, likely 1-A" seems appropriate to me

I'm quite hesitant to rate a character as likely 1-A solely due to being the direct spawn of beyond dimensional beings since that in itself isn't quite evidence of being on that level of existence (especially in a setting where these aforementioned beyond dimensional entities can have children that are very much limited in physical power like the Dunwich Horror).

While personally think they should be on that level (frankly only Cthulhu is outright stated to be beneath the general "Great Old Ones" from what I can gather) it doesn't seem like the best justification. Maybe this?

At least Large Country level (Should at least be superior to their progeny Cthulhu) likely Outerverse level (Are likely of comparable power to the average Great Old Ones, who are undimensioned and dwell outside and between the spaces perceivable, with Cthulhu, despite his command of higher dimensional and Non-Euclidean space, being able to "spy them only dimly")

That and the Great Old Ones are currently just rated as Varies so their general tiering and them possibly being 1A should be tackled first.

Last edited:
You do raise a good point. Anything else known about them is from extended canon, which isn't used here.

I'm quite hesitant to rate a character as likely 1-A solely due to being the direct spawn of beyond dimensional beings since that in itself isn't quite evidence of being on that level of existence (especially in a setting where these aforementioned beyond dimensional entities can have children that are very much limited in physical power like the Dunwich Horror).

While personally think they should be on that level (frankly only Cthulhu is outright stated to be beneath the general "Great Old Ones" from what I can gather) it doesn't seem like the best justification. Maybe this?

At least Large Country level (Should at least be superior to their progeny Cthulhu) likely Outerverse level (Are likely of comparable power to the average Great Old Ones, who are undimensioned and dwell outside and between the spaces perceivable, with Cthulhu, despite his command of higher dimensional and Non-Euclidean space, being able to "spy them only dimly")

That and the Great Old Ones are currently just rated as Varies so their general tiering and them possibly being 1A should be tackled first.
This seems fine to me.
Are Nug and Yeb even worth keeping as profiles? What else do we know about them other than their placement in the family tree?
You do raise a good point. Anything else known about them is from extended canon, which isn't used here.
This is also a good point, yes.

What has been accepted by our staff here can (and should) be applied now.

Back