• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: Thread of Harmony

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
From Generation 1 to Generation 5, this is the general discussion thread for all things about My Little Pony. Welcome!

XalIEu6.png

37d3DW0.png

There's still much work to be done regarding "Friendship is Magic" on this wiki and I am going to begin work on "Make Your Mark" soon.​

Lol, I haven't even started watching My Little Pony G5 because I still love My Little Pony G4. Btw, I understand that Dragon Fire can make Opaline become more powerful. Could we scale it to Spike and the dragons as "Empowerment" or "Power Bestowal" or something?

Lol, I haven't even started watching My Little Pony G5 because I still love My Little Pony G4. Btw, I understand that Dragon Fire can make Opaline become more powerful. Could we scale it to Spike and the dragons as "Empowerment" or "Power Bestowal" or something?
By the way you care to explain that blog you made yesterday?

Elder Bloom (A G5 character old mare) refrences moondancer as her great great great great auntie

Honestly, I don't see why g5 shows are so hated, they seem fine tbh. not the same level of stuff in g4 but comparing them is like comparing a bee to a fly/ they are the same type of animal (insect) but are completely and utterly different in tone and style (even if G5 is supposed to be a sequel to G4)

Is G5 even hated? I haven't seen that much hate for it, though not like I've been looking at reviews.

So far it's just exactly what I'd expect from a more modernized MLP made for the younger generation.

My only real issue is the 3D animation just not being as visually appealing or creative to me as 2D. And I guess the characters being a bit less distinct from the G4 cast.

It's been alright so far.

I really wanna watch it cause I loved the G5 movie but I just haven't been able to muster the motivation for some reason

Actually Earth Ponies have always had magic, just like Pegasus control the weather, Earth Ponies have a born connection with nature and the earth.

It's just that Discord is very nerfed
Earth ponies did not have magic before in G4. Not at all to the extent they have it in G5.

Can you prove Discord is nerfed because I don't see why he would be.

Wasn't there a G5 comic where they meet Discord and he's so weakened that he can't even use magic for long?
That was because of the Magic crystals glitching out, not because his magic is weak or anything. All magic in the world is now tied to magic crystals.

Earth ponies did not have magic before in G4. Not at all to the extent they have it in G5.
I mean, Earth Pony magic was more subtle and probably not like what is seen in G5. Their magic let them be the sole ponies who could grow crops, and I believe it also is why they tend to be the physically strongest of the ponies.

I mean, Earth Pony magic was more subtle and probably not like what is seen in G5. Their magic let them be the sole ponies who could grow crops, and I believe it also is why they tend to be the physically strongest of the ponies.
yeah basically, but now it is so strong that they could grow flowers (with just one) that could cover a bay with pollen, vines and mare with there hoofs with a specific tapping or reapeated tapping

Can you prove Discord is nerfed because I don't see why he would be.
Well, I remember Applejack could grow a very huge apple, something she clearly couldn't do by conventional means, plus I don't think there's any more magic in G5 than G4, it's just that Earth ponies are very limited in terms of magic, they should be no different from pegasi who also cannot use magic freely.
Besides being literally the only ones who can grow things.

As for Discord, he is very old, he has a broken horn and in a comic he is seen fleeing from the Windigos, I really have many reasons to think that he is weakened, although I hope it is just a theory and we can see it later

Well, I remember Applejack could grow a very huge apple, something she clearly couldn't do by conventional means, plus I don't think there's any more magic in G5 than G4, it's just that Earth ponies are very limited in terms of magic, they should be no different from pegasi who also cannot use magic freely.
I'm just going to say this is nothing compared to even average Earth pony magic in G5.

Magic is simply way more powerful than before.

Surprised the EoH didn’t have Power Null before my revision

Oh good there's a thread for this.

I'd been wondering for a while if anyone had been keeping up with Generation 5.

Thoughts, all?

It's so messy that you could honestly Argue that G5 takes place (years later) in an alternate version of G4 imo.

Last edited:
I think you should watch it for yourself
I have been watching!

Just finished watching "The Isle of Scaly". I'm aware there's more beyond that.

In case discussing the plot is too spoilery: Twilight, being the alicorn she was, was ruler. Saw a threat in Opaline, sealed off Equestria & magic, right? Dragons went into centuries of slumber because they were a major source of power for Opaline the Fire Alicorn.

What's the plot problem? I'm not afraid of being spoilered.

I have been watching!

Just finished watching "The Isle of Scaly". I'm aware there's more beyond that.

In case discussing the plot is too spoilery: Twilight, being the alicorn she was, was ruler. Saw a threat in Opaline, sealed off Equestria & magic, right? Dragons went into centuries of slumber because they were a major source of power for Opaline the Fire Alicorn.

What's the plot problem? I'm not afraid of being spoilered.
Not spike mentions that Opaline was banished from skyros (Which is also the lands of the alicorns and so far was made up, idk if that places existed in G4) and no mentions of ember (which honestly can be excused but still.) tbh, it really seems like that one song from opaline that celestia and luna seems to be no exxageration on her part.

Not spike mentions that Opaline was banished from skyros (Which is also the lands of the alicorns and so far was made up, idk if that places existed in G4) and no mentions of ember (which honestly can be excused but still.) tbh, it really seems like that one song from opaline that celestia and luna seems to be no exxageration on her part.
Skyros does seem suspect. Perhaps it's a red herring or some other kind of misinformation? Information can get diluted with the passing of centuries, if not milennia. & yes, Opaline's literal villain song was silly & hammy as heck. Although, I will say that being openly, shamelessly evil is in-character for Opaline, even if it isn't very smart of her.

Thank you very much for answering!

Regarding MLP's discussion rule:
The relevant threads and revisions are https://vsbattles.com/threads/potential-mlp-tier-4-a-feat.4801/, https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?diff=1985405&oldid=1902319, https://vsbattles.com/threads/the-my-little-pony-comics-should-be-considered-canon-again.54888/, https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?type=revision&diff=4888777&oldid=4845059, https://vsbattles.com/threads/lets-talk-about-legends-of-magic.69817/, and https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?diff=5696299&oldid=5113984. As it stands, I find this rule overly verbose in some areas and uncited, so I cleaned it up and linked the relevant discussions and sources.
*Take care to only use comics from this series in revisions for ''My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic'' when the series explicitly references their events in cases like ''[[vsforum:threads/69817|Legends of Magic]]'', as they are [[vsforum:threads/4801|otherwise not]] [[vsforum:threads/54888|automatically canonical]], and the two mediums often highly contradict each other for things like [[King Sombra]] and [[The Dazzlings]]. ''IDW Publishing'' editor Bobby Curnow [https://web.archive.org/web/2015100...viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12770&start=1950#p389979 has stated] that the series is always free to include or disregard the comics, and co-director Jim Miller said that [[Media:Imagen 2023-09-10 170212851.png|the comics would remain separate from the show]] and that [[Media:Imagen 2023-09-10 170244850.png|he hasn't read them]].
@Antvasima @Firestorm808 @DarkDragonMedeus Is the following rewrite acceptable?

Last edited:
I am somewhat behind, but wasn't that rule made before certain events took place? I mean, a long time ago I know it was agreed IDW comics were to be separate continuity from the main series. But later after the show's conclusion, the official season 10 was in comic format and comics made later were canon. Not sure what happened to older comics of whether or not they ended up getting roped into the canon or if the statement was retconned. I know the 2-A upgrades came from more recent comics that showcased some canon backstories. But I forgot how much the continuity revisions went.

Though to my knowledge, the rewording looks good. But need input from those who have better memory or followed it more. But I could ask if the discussion rule might be outdated in general? Or if we need to remove it outright?

Back