• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential MLP Tier 4-A Feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so we all know Discord making a Starry Sky, is 4-A in the comic. BUT what about removing them. Re-watching "To Where and Back Again" I noticed a feat from Discord, where he removes the Stars from the Sky.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYmnIUdclyY Feat Starts at 0:29. When Discord is questioned as a changeling he promptly turns the everything into basically "The Return of Harmony". This includes removing all the Stars in the Sky. We know he didn't raise the Sun, thus outshining them, as he simply snapped his fingers, and the Stars poof away. The Sun is nowhere to be seen, and the Sky is almost the exact same color.

What do you guys a think. Can I get a 4-A here?

Hmm... I understand this would scale to the EoH and those who scale to it, but what about those who scale to Alicorns and the like... Would they still be 4-B or possibly 4-A ?

Anyways, the feat seems legitimate based sorely on description... However I'd like confirmation from the more knowledgable members of this community.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Hmm... I understand this would scale to the EoH and those who scale to it, but what about those who scale to Alicorns and the like... Would they still be 4-B or possibly 4-A ?

Anyways, the feat seems legitimate based sorely on description... However I'd like confirmation from the more knowledgable members of this community.
4-A because 4 Alicorns >>> Discords power.
Agreed with point no2.

Well she briefly beam clashed with it but got overpowered by it immediately afterwards so I don't think she scales

Js250476 said:
Well she briefly beam clashed with it but got overpowered by it immediately afterwards so I don't think she scales
The Beam took 5 whole seconds to overpower Luna's. Definitely not instantly.

Well more input would definitely be appreciated since I'm entirely sure on what do say about it Azzy should be here soon hopefully

Unfortunately, even taking it at extreme face value, he'd need to remove/destroy tens of thousands of stars for the feat to be even slightly higher than where he is, now.

For reference, Discord's current AP would be in the low kiloFoe range.

Destroying 2000 stars, which he definitely didn't do, would be around 50 Foe. AKA about 1/20th of a kiloFoe.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Unfortunately, even taking it at extreme face value, he'd need to remove/destroy tens of thousands of stars for the feat to be even slightly higher than where he is, now.

For reference, Discord's current AP would be in the low kiloFoe range.

Destroying 2000 stars, which he definitely didn't do, would be around 50 Foe. AKA about 1/20th of a kiloFoe.
Didn't King Dedede get rated 4-A for almost the exact same thing though?

Discord also put the Stars back.

Dedede was already 4-A.

Though if you mean the thing from Tilt N Tumble, that should technically be listed as a High 4-C or 4-B feat, yes.
Well what about putting them back?

Is it possible for them to control the stars in the Night Sky too? There was that time it was Night and Day at once.

I assume that would just double the result.
Really? Isn't Bookworm rated 4-A for making Stars? Wouldn't taking them sway, and putting them back be similar? Well bummer, and here I thought I found MLP a non comic 4-A feat.

Bookworm is 4-A for creating and destroying realms large enough to contain that many stars, which makes a big difference.
Ah, so creating Realms with many Stars is considered 4-A. I was under the impression that night sky feats were the same as that. Although would this at least bump Discords range Inter-Stellar?

I would assume so, if he could affect multiple stars.
Well this may as well be closed then. Turns out the feat would be a downgrade. Plus, as you and others have said: The feat is sketchy anyways.

I would assume so, if he could affect multiple stars.
So wait. What if we used mass energy conversion? Discord could have turned the Stars into something else! He always does that, creating stuff out of nothing, and making things disappear. If we use mass energy conversion with a mass of two-thousand Suns, then we get 3.5752 MegaFOE. Still 4-B, but a massive boost. Think it is viable?

Js250476 said:
Maybe that depends on if He changed them and didn't just make them disappear
Wouldn't it be similar? He probably just changed them into something like he did the rest of the landscape.

Also that would be so cool if he made them disappear. That would give Discord low tier existence erasure.

I do not think that we can use mass-energy conversion for physics-defying reality warping.

Well, here is my input here.

4-A is out of the question. If Discord used a blast to destroy everything between all the stars, that is 4-A, but just destroying them/warping them away isn't anywhere close to 4-B. In order to obtain 4-A by destroying nothing but stars, not the many light-years between them, you would need to pop 3.599x10^15 stars. That is 3.6 QUADRILLION stars. More stars than are contained in our entire galaxy, many times over.

Is possible? It may be done via reality warping but he's still changing the Stars and doing something quantifiable with them tho I ain't an expert in this stuff

Antvasima said:
I do not think that we can use mass-energy conversion for physics-defying reality warping.
Haven't characters gotten similar feats for creating things put of nothing? The Queen from OFF comes to mind.

Well, like I said, even if he is straight-up destroying them, he would need to destroy around 3 quadrillion stars. His power didn't just wipe the sky with a blast, he selectively targeted and deleted them.

However, being able to nearly-instantly target thousands of stars accurately is pretty impressive, from a skill standpoint.

@Lightbuster

The mechanics of such a conversion must be mentioned. If someone says "I will turn this matter into energy" then fair enough, Mass-Energy can be used. But something is crazy ambiguous as this isn't applicable here. Mass-energy conversion is stupid strong and we need to be careful about when it is accepted.

Lightbuster30 said:
Haven't characters gotten similar feats for creating things put of nothing? The Queen from OFF comes to mind.
If so, several wrongs do not make a right.

Assaltwaffle said:
Well, like I said, even if he is straight-up destroying them, he would need to destroy around 3 quadrillion stars. His power didn't just wipe the sky with a blast, he selectively targeted and deleted them.

However, being able to nearly-instantly target thousands of stars accurately is pretty impressive, from a skill standpoint.
Can we assume he has erasure then? Since he deleted something not bound by his magic? I have a thread for this.

Since high level reality warping can be used for erasure, I think that makes more sense than mass-energy. I'm still no MLP expert, though, so I obviously don't have the final word about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back