• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCU General Discussion Thread

Do you guys want to see her have curly, straight or wavy hair
GDBzd7kXwAABTS7

Wonder-Woman-DC-Comics-Gail-Simone-Diana-Themyscira-b.jpg

s-l1200.jpg
if it's not curly I don't want it 🗿

What I am most excited about is Batman. It’s the first time in decades that they are (probably) doing a unrealistic Batman.

Time for Batman to wear spandex with white eyes that move exactly like Deadpool’s. Idc if it looks goofy (they are comic book characters ffs).

You have no idea how much I was disappointed when I saw Matt Reeves was doing a realistic take again when his filmography consist of heavy CGI and fantastical elements. Although I still enjoyed the movie.

I will say, having the DCU’s more comic-accurate and fantastical Batman going alongside Matt Reeves’ more grounded and realistic Batman is gonna be really cool.

The Good: James Gunn has a great respect for the works of Grant Morrison, and seem to be building up to a confrontation between light and darkness/Superman and The Authority, hopefully culminating in a great version of Superman's most defining speech.

The bad: From what I read quite some time ago, Tom King, the borderline nihilistic grimdark character assassination deconstructionist ex(?)-CIA agent has been brought onboard as one of the main thematic architects of the new continuity, which is definitely not good for those of us who empathetically do not want the DC universe to be pointlessly mirthless, hollow, boring, incoherent, and dystopian, as it has previously been, both due to Zack Snyder in the movies, and due to Jim Lee and Dan Didio in the comic books.

The solution: Kick out Tom King and force him away from deliberately systematically dismantling beloved intended to be kind and innocent characters and settings (and possibly playing social engineering at the behest of his former employers), and bring in Grant Morrison, Tom Peyer, Joe Kelly, Paul Lewitz, Alan Davis, and Mark Waid to take his place instead.

Last edited:
Shit finna be crazy if James Gunn adds in Captain Atom. Which city will he sacrifice first?
Hopefully they use him for more than that, maybe save that for something bigger down the line

Tired of him just nuking the world, they could at least switch it up and use firestorm

Whenever the DCU’s Flash gets introduced, he better be Wally West. I’m tired of Barry Allen, Wally needs to be the main Flash again.
It'd be cool if we saw Grant Morrison with some speed force stuffs like Titans did. Wally meeting Grant would be legendary if they do it wholesome enough

I'd like to see Barry actually get done well, but considering how bad the past few years have been for him in terms of adaptation, just switch to Wally at this point. Doesn't help we're apparently in the "Damian is Robin and Dick is Nightwing" era, so Barry being Flash doesn't make much sense.

That and I feel Wally suits James Gunn's writing style.

Seeing that Ryan Reynolds and Grant Gustin commercial makes me realize we'll never get Barry and Hal as a duo oof.

I hope every Flash appears lmao. Barry, Wally, Jay, Bart, idc. Flash family is awesome.
That could be possible if they ever chose to adapt Chain Lightning properly.

Tbh, I feel John works better alongside Guy than Hal.
I don’t like John with other Lanterns because the only way for him to be interested is making the other Lanterns a bunch of idiots. That’s the feeling I had when reading GL comics.

But man I wanna see Guy so much 😭

Tom King is involved, and he likely handled Guy in the worst way ever, so I strongly doubt it.

Back