• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sizable Discord powers/abilities revision

Hi ho! This post this focus on adding several abilities to Discord's profile from recent content to the series, giving him a few resistances, some stat upgrades, as well as amending a weakness with new information. I plan to also try to push for a speed upgrade to the verse, as well as range increases, but for now this is what I propose adding. Text written in parenthesis are further evidence for the feat, as needed. I can answer any questions here, but it may take a while to give scans as there's a lot.

Time Manipulation - His magic is able to reverse Applejack's actions while Ponyville is drenched in his chaos magic. Stopped time in the Little Fillies comics. Discord can also travel through time with his magic.

Energy Absorption - Drained a pony of so much magic that they were reduced to nothing. (We never see Fet again in the comic, and Discord is later shown destroying an entire town from the power he gained through all his chaos, so he is 100% dead.)

Statistics Reduction - Is able to reduce a character's power in the MLP card game. (This is also a statistics amplification feat, but there are better ones later.)

Incorporeality - Fluttershy stated that Discord is a being of "pure chaos". (He isn't made of conventional matter or energy, and can shift his form however he pleases. He is simply chaos itself. She knows him better than nearly any other being in the series, and as the full video shows he fades from existence while actively acting against the concept of chaos. This is a bit of a no-brainer to add. Discord is stated to be the spirit of chaos and disharmony. He, and other Draconequus embody certain abstract aspects of reality, such as chaos.)

Extreme Radiation Resistance (Originally Extreme cold resistance as well, edited out because it's not accepted anymore)- An IDW comic cover shows that Discord can survive in space while other ponies (the CMC) require spacesuits. He also apparently just hangs around the Horsehead Nebula on occasion with no protection.

Further Empowerment evidence (Originally Accelerated Development, edited out to fit better) - The comics have stated that him causing chaos actively makes him stronger, and gives him more energy until he becomes "unstoppable". (This is during a time when he was trapped in stone by the Elements of Harmony, and could be even stronger when not trapped, as the Elements power null Discord.)

Stamina upgraded to infinite - He stated that he's never had to go back to his home dimension to replenish his magic; (only needing to do so when Pinkie began merging with his dimension and sapping him of its magic. He already has (likely) infinite stamina, but this should be used to cement it.)

Low Godly Regen - Is able to regenerate his body from just his spirit after being blasted by Starlight. (While she said that it was a banishment spell, we can clearly see the ground and trees in the blast pathway be damaged and burnt; as well as Discord's body be disintegrated bit by bit. She later specified that she only "banished" his body, not his ghost. As a spirit, he was entirely capable of using all his power. When she undid the spell, he was able to rebuild his body just fine on school grounds. Aside from this there are several instances through the series where Discord can reform his body completely and constantly with no effect to his health.)

Manga Feats and Abilities
These are feats and abilities shown in the MLP manga. There is nothing to suggest that it is not canon, and the chapters themselves never contradict with the show or IDW comics, so as far as Hasbro is concerned: it's canon.

Immersion - Discord is able to pop out of a movie as it's playing, scaring the character within.

Plot Manipulation - Changed the plot of the MLP manga; popping in from outside the 4th wall, since Twilight could not see Discord, but Pinkie could. (Credit to robo for this one!)

Acausality - His aura of chaos prevents him from being affected by timeline changes, as well as giving him possible resistance to time manipulation in general.

RPG Feats and Abilities
Recently a new RPG game for the series was released, the My Little Pony Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook. It was overseen by Hasbro and does not contradict the show, comics, or other material. These are feats and abilities that would apply to Discord.

Adaptation - Literally knows the Adapt spell, which adapts a creature to whatever environment they currently inhabit. (Somewhat useless for Discord, but he knows it nonetheless)

Statistics Amplification - Knows several amplification spells, such as the Lightning Speed, Self Improvement, Bestow Expertise, and Enchant. Lightning Speed notably doubles all speed.

Stealth Mastery - Knows the Don't-Notice-Me-Field, which turns a creature silent and invisible. (Admittdely he should have this already, seeing as how the show clearly shows him turning Twilight and him invisible during this scene. They are not an astral projection, as their bodies disappear completely to go back in time. They're just invisible, and could not be heard by the others.

Fear Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Status Effect Inducement - Knows the Mind Beam, which greatly affects the minds of those it targets for multiple possible effects. Can cause fear, induce paralysis, calm allies, confuse enemies or cause impariments to the senses.

Cosmic Awareness, Precognition, Retrocognition, Omniscience - Is stated to have knowledge that knows no bounds, complete understanding of all spells in the verse, as well as having such control over time and space that he can see and hear anything ever said through time. (Not just every spell in MLP, but every spell (whatever that means for vs debating))

Purification (type 3) - Knows the spell Panacea, which heals and erases all "conditions", or status effects. Things such as hypnosis, sleep, poison, blind, deafen, and petrification, etc.

Addendum to a weakness

A card in the official MLP card game states that Discord keeps another him in his dimension. This should act as a counter to other characters attempting to enter his realm and merge with its chaos. Discord's clones have been shown to have all of his power. Basically I'm proposing to edit the weakness to say that this spare Discord would have to be destroyed first before a character could merge with his dimension. It would read out like this:
- If Discord acts or becomes "normal", he starts to fade away from existence as he cannot use his reality warping powers in the process of doing so, but it can be reversed if he experiences something "chaotic". In addition, he can lose his powers if someone compatible with his realm enters it and begins to link with it, although this can be reversed by proving himself the more chaotic one. They would have to destroy the spare Discord residing in the dimension already first before the linking can begin.

Agree: @CinnabarManx421, @Starbrand_Fan, @Robo432343, @Phoenks , @TheMassivlyUnkn0wn, @ArzCosmos_888, @Firestorm808, @Aolphl, @Maverick_Zero_X, @LordGriffin1000

Disagree:

Last edited:
I don't have a strong opinion about anything here, mainly because I don't know how things from alternative media were accepted for MLP.

And no, being licensed and not contradicting the original material does not make something canonical to the main thing. At least in the general wiki rules.

So I have nothing to say.

But just one thing, the RPG contradicts the source material.
In the RPG it is said that he knows everything and has heard everything through time. But in the series there are things he doesn't know, like he is repeatedly deceived as he was by Tirek or at the end when they sucked his powers.

Extreme Cold and Radiation Resistance - An IDW comic cover shows that Discord can survive in space while other ponies (the CMC) require spacesuits. He also apparently just hangs around the Horsehead Nebula on occasion with no protection.
Another thing, the wiki no longer provides cold resistance for characters that can survive in space.

In the RPG it is said that he knows everything and has heard everything through time. But in the series there are things he doesn't know, like he is repeatedly deceived as he was by Tirek or at the end when they sucked his powers.
In the show, he is aware of events he has no knowledge about even when his powers are shut down and has no method to be aware of them with.

Him being tricked is because he's following the script laid out by the writers and is going along with the plot. In the comics, he has full access to the comic books he's in at all times, and is constantly complaining about the roles he's forced to play if they don't suit him.

Actually, Discord does demonstrate that he planned for Tirek to betray him, in that he specifically gave Twilight all the information she needed to beat him right before leaving to find Tirek

Extreme Cold and Radiation Resistance - An IDW comic cover shows that Discord can survive in space while other ponies (the CMC) require spacesuits. He also apparently just hangs around the Horsehead Nebula on occasion with no protection.
We don't do this anymore.

Add it to "Empowerment"

Everything else is a massive W. Good job.

If Discord can duplicate itself and has spare-Discords, that means it should have Immortality type 4 (Reincarnation) or/and type 6 (Parasitic).

Alright, back from my Thanksgiving vacation. I'll add the agree/disagrees to the post, plus edit out the cold resistance. Space travel without gear still provides radiation resistance, right?

Other than than, yeah, Discord is canonically just playing through the "story" of the series, with pages like this, and arguing with the editor there. The card game, and RPG don't contradict the canon anywhere, and simply give stats, and explain abilities. Discord having precog and retrocognition should already be incredibly likely, since he's shown the ability to go forwards and backwards in time, and his first shown dialogue is him knowing who the Mane 6 are. So Omniscience is also likely using just the show, but the RPG just state these things outright. Examples of him not knowing certain things can just be explained away as PIS.

Also I'm new to making these things, how many agrees from staff do I need for these additions to be applied?

I don't know, apparently it wasn't made by hasbro, just licensed. In the case of comics, we have statements about canonicity.
I mean technically FiM itself wasn't made by Hasbro. It's all licensed out, since DHX produced G4, and even now Discovery Family technically owns parts of Friendship is Magic, since they charge a fee to Hasbro every time a Mane character is used in G5 - even though clearly G5 is canon to G4

What i'm saying is, I think that since the card game and RPG are supposed to represent characters from the main canon and the main continuity, then they should be used; especially since a lot of the feats they show should be possible for characters anyways. As I said, Discord has shown some cases of omniscience in the show and comics, but the RPG just outright states that he is so.

Well, I think I already know what you're talking about, but could you send scans/measurements?
He kinda just towers over the ponies when they're already 1.31400252 meters. He's around 4.09 meters from this shot.
image.png

He kinda just towers over the ponies when they're already 1.31400252 meters. He's around 4.09 meters from this shot.
image.png
Well you're using the 9 foot candy cane thing for scale, right? I can probably push it later, but for now it's best to get this stuff added first.

Everyone agrees with the current evidence for all the comic/show/manga feats right? All that leaves left are the card game and RPG feats. Personally, as I said, they represent the characters from the mane canon, and are overseen by Hasbro. They've never said they aren't canon, and are stated in the books to give info about the lore of locations and characters. We kinda need staff input for those. Even if we don't add the RPG/card game stuff because of canonicity (which I really don't think is an issue here), there are still a lot of things that Discord doesn't have, that he should from just the show and comics and manga.

They've never said they aren't canon, and are stated in the books to give info about the lore of locations and characters. Even if we don't add the RPG/card game stuff because of canonicity (which I really don't think is an issue here), there are still a lot of things that Discord doesn't have, that he should from just the show and comics and manga.
Even if it wasn't canon, Discord has shown to be able to do everything, even Celestia refers to him as "One of the most powerful sorcerers of all time".
Also, I'm sure that the Card Game Stuff offers information and background on all the characters, including the irrelevant ones. It is simply complementary information.

Btw, i forgot to vote, i agree.

So where we at with adding this stuff? Everyone seems to agree with all the evidence for the comics and show and manga as well. Aaaall we have to decide on is if the cards and RPG books are okay to add. Again, they are supposed to represent the Mane cast, from the Mane timeline. The abilities they state, like Discord's omniscience and cosmic awareness, are already shown in canon, but just never focused too hard on because of PIS. He has shown knowledge of the Mane 6 before ever having met them, and can view things across time already (he's replaying a flashback that Twilight had in her own head). Cosmos, another Draconequus, notably is able to conjure imagery of different villains who she never met. Showing that she has knowledge of those characters simply because they are malicious in some way; malice being what she represents. As they are both similar abstract beings from the same "species", they should scale to each other and have the same abilities. Discord even already is shown to have nigh-omnipresence from statements when his abstract existance was reversed and he became Accord, saying he's the "unifying principle of order" and that he lives in the hearts of all who desire it.

They're not like the mobile game, where clearly things are different and don't conform with the canon; adding whole lots of variations of the characters and wild abilities for side ponies like Trixie, who apparently is as strong as Discord in one of the events.

I think the RPG feats and abilities should be added. If not, we still have to add the rest anyways.

Regarding usability, if there isn't any major opposition to including these games, it's use should be fine.

Will go over the list again later.

My Little Pony Rules​

Our Wiki has such a standard for My Little Pony Comics. For this reason, I approach this Crt with suspicion.

Our Wiki has such a standard for My Little Pony Comics. For this reason, I approach this Crt with suspicion.
that thing is extremely outdated coz after the show ended the show runners said the comics were canon
we use comic scans anyway

Where did they say that? Also, if there is such a thing, make a Crt to change the current rules of our Wiki.
“when the Season 10 comic books were released initially, Whitley claimed that the comics were now the 'primary canon, meaning that they are an official continuation of the cartoon series. This is especially noteworthy as the Season 10 comics confirmed several comic book storylines as happening, thus making them canonical to the cartoon.”

It says this on the verse page..

“when the Season 10 comic books were released initially, Whitley claimed that the comics were now the 'primary canon, meaning that they are an official continuation of the cartoon series. This is especially noteworthy as the Season 10 comics confirmed several comic book storylines as happening, thus making them canonical to the cartoon.”

It says this on the verse page..
Fine, then I can express my acceptance of the things in this crt. I do not see a problem in the implementation of these. There are already two staff votes already.

Huge. That makes 3 staff approvals, so these are ready to be added. I am inexperienced though, so I don't really know what the process is after a CRT is approved. oco

Incorporeality - Fluttershy stated that Discord is a being of "pure chaos". (He isn't made of conventional matter or energy, and can shift his form however he pleases. He is simply chaos itself. She knows him better than nearly any other being in the series, and as the full video shows he fades from existence while actively acting against the concept of chaos. This is a bit of a no-brainer to add. Discord is stated to be the spirit of chaos and disharmony. He, and other Draconequus embody certain abstract aspects of reality, such as chaos.)

Low Godly Regen - Is able to regenerate his body from just his spirit after being blasted by Starlight. (While she said that it was a banishment spell, we can clearly see the ground and trees in the blast pathway be damaged and burnt; as well as Discord's body be disintegrated bit by bit. She later specified that she only "banished" his body, not his ghost. As a spirit, he was entirely capable of using all his power. When she undid the spell, he was able to rebuild his body just fine on school grounds. Aside from this there are several instances through the series where Discord can reform his body completely and constantly with no effect to his health.)
I'm not too sure about these two but since other staff are fine with it then I guess it's ok. Other stuff looks alright as well.

Back