• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Commoner's Thread: All purpose staff thread to discuss any ongoing Staff Discussions

Since my last commoner's thread went so well. I think there should be a general thread to comment on all staff discussions by non-staff members. Instead of making one thread for each staff discussion, this thread will catch all.

I feel like it will help people get their two cents in without clutter and also allows for general comments that are still warranted to be said but have no need to be included in the staff thread.

What do the people think of Geo and Pein's time dimension shenanigans?

What do the people think of Geo and Pein's time dimension shenanigans?
The "prove the two axes have different directions" seems arbitrary. I haven't seen argument why it is necessary. The examples that DT has given can be done with one time direction.

I wanted to ask: how would using low-end, mid-end, and high-end without outlier feats/anti-feats be like? Reading some comments from people like Antvasima, Armorchompy, and Maverick, it sounds like they would be including completely inconsistent outlier feats as the low-end and high-end feats. But what if instead of that, it was like:

Low-end: This is the lowest reasonable interpretation of the character's power level barring completely outlier anti-feats like Thor getting KO'd by a mere handgun.
Mid-end: This is approximately in the middle of what a character's power level normally is.
High-end: This is the highest reasonable interpretation of the character's power level barring completely outlier feats like Marvel/DC cross-writer power-scaling (that way characters still need to rely on feats or reasonable powerscaling).

That way, characters that are too inconsistent to accurately say they are only one power level can have different tiers for how they are portrayed while still not including completely irreconcilable feats/anti-feats.

Another thought I had is that even if a verse does not directly say that a character's power level is varying, a character may still have feats/anti-feats that vary heavily. So their power level would still vary heavily even if the verse does not say that. I do agree with people like Armorchompy that we shouldn't headcanon powers that the verse does not say. Yet, if the power level of a character varies by episode/book through varying feats/anti-feats, the power level is clearly varying even if the verse does not give a reason for it. Maybe calling it something like Inconsistent rather than Varies in the tier could be a way to differentiate between "the character is inconsistent" and "the character has an in-universe reason for their inconsistencies".

Last edited:

This was made but was quickly closed due to good reason. But I don't see why we can't talk about it here.

I mean, it makes sense, cutting just a segment of time or a higher dimension should be greater than normal feats but I feel like I'd be an outlier most of the time since authors don't put much thought into it.

Back