• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: City level Reasons?

Antvasima said:
How is season 7 referencing parts of the comicbooks?
Misinterpreted, they aren't out yet. But directly tying in is good evidence towards them being canon. However. This statement (which seems to be a clarification of this) by a director of the show does say that the comics are canon unless something else retcons it. So unless there's been something in the TV show that would have not allowed that feat to be performed I don't see why it wouldn't be canon.

Clarification: Bobby, who works on the comics, is saying that the events of the show are canon to the comics, but the show is under no obligation to make the events of the comics canon to itself. As in, everything that happened in the show has happened in the comics, but it does not mean everything in the comics has happened in the show.

Jim, who works on the show, is saying he doesn't care about canon and rather just make an enjoyable show.

@Azathoth Well, that complicates matters considerably.

Well, there are still James Asmus' tweet, which says that the next issues will tie into season 7, and Cano just linked Andy Price's tweet, which almost straight up says that it is secondary canon.

James Asmus' tweet doesn't have a solid meaning currently as neither the issues he's written nor season 7 are out yet. Andy Price is a comic artist who has no input on the show, compared to Jim, who is very high up on the show's production team and essentially just said "I don't care".

Granted, I still think the feat is legit, but I feel the canon debate needs to be kept as neat as possible.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
James Asmus' tweet doesn't have a solid meaning currently as neither the issues he's written nor season 7 are out yet. Andy Price is a comic artist who has no input on the show, compared to Jim, who is very high up on the show's production team and essentially just said "I don't care".
Granted, I still think the feat is legit, but I feel the canon debate needs to be kept as neat as possible.
To be fair, Andy did say that the "completely canon" statement came from Hasbro itself.

LordXcano said:
To be fair, Andy did say that the "completely canon" statement came from Hasbro itself.
Which he didn't source, at all.

I trust Andy, but I have a strong feeling he was simply misinterpreting something a Hasbro exec told him, as they don't usually butt in on canon, like that. They just want to make sales, and the comics being canon has next to no influence (at absolute best) on their income. I could see a statement such as "The comics are canon, unless people don't like something that happens in them, then ignore them entirely" coming from a Hasbro higher-up, because that's the kind of thing that could effect their overall money made from the IP.

I'm more convinced the general attitude towards "canon" for the people working on MLP is "I rather just make good content", which was Jim's attitude.

So, should we keep separate keys for the TV show and comicbook continuities?

Personally, I see no reason for a separate key, they are canon to each other, and since the newest comics in the series are tying directly into Season 7, then I see no reason as to why the rest wouldn't tie in now.

Personally, I don't think they should have an added key since they're the same unvierse, but if that's how its gonna be done, then that's fine, I guess.

Would Pika's scaling still apply if we use another key?

Also, @Azzy, I agree on what you said for At Least 5-A, though I think Dazzlings, Rainbow Power and Tantabus could still get that, as the others are clearly scalable in some form to others in the series by a certain amount, but RP and above are unquantifiably stronger than the rest of the show.

I think my scaling is relatively sound. I still don't see why we need a separate key, though.

Also, FTL+ reactions for All Alicorn Twilight, Post-Discord Tirek, Full Power Tirek, Dazzlings, Rainbow Power & Tantabus could all be a thing based on that one calc.

Well, he wasn't aware that the had traveled in time when he got there, he just noticed when Fluttershy told him, and he also said that he "Flew too fast", so, I don't know.

He has? That's weird, Superman (Christopher Reeve) has "At least FTL flight speed" because of time travel. That's kind of inconsistent.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
He has? That's weird, Superman (Christopher Reeve) has "At least FTL flight speed" because of time travel. That's kind of inconsistent.
A lot of things are wrong with Chrisopher Reeves' Superman's profile, but no one knows enough about him to be able to fix it...but yeah moving fast enough to time travel gives you Immeasurable speed

WeeklyBattles said:
A lot of things are wrong with Chrisopher Reeves' Superman's profile, but no one knows enough about him to be able to fix it...but yeah moving fast enough to time travel gives you Immeasurable speed
Ok.

WeeklyBattles said:
I don't think this has ever been a thing. Otherwise Post-Crisis Superman would have Immeasurable speed, along with the Power Puff Girls and (I think I could be making this up) Silver Surfer.

Usually time travel via speed was just baseline FTL as even Einstein has said time travel would be doable but you'd have to move faster than light to do it.

It's not the same.

Triggering a time travel via sheer speed can be achieved with FTL speed, but literally moving freely through time should be Immeasurable.

This actually makes a lot more sense, the faster you move, time slows down, past the speed of light and it goes backwards. I think that's how it is.

If Discord became FTL, it actually sirprisingly doesnt really scale t anybody that wouldnt get the FTL+ feat. You can argue EoH, Demon Sunset, Midnight Sparkle amd Daydream Shimmer as it though.

Well, I can ask DarkLK about it again, since it seems to have turned into a problematic inconsistency.

Back