• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: City level Reasons?

I have asked him about it. He is almost always right concerning these types of issues though, but anybody can make mistake.

Here is DarkLK's reply concerning the speed issue:

"Some characters in some fiction are able to go into hyperspace or to travel through time at the expense of achieving a certain speed (the speed of light for example or 88 mph). Technically, such travel in time can be classified as an immeasurable speed, but it is not the basic speed of a character. This is not the same as if the character has an immeasurable speed that applicable in the battle and gives immeasurable reaction. This is how to compare teleportation and infinite speed. Nevertheless, some of the characters during such travels can go to some hyper-continuum where they can even react to the movement of each other. In this case it may be immeasurable speed. But this rate will not be maintained in the normal continuum. I have already given the analogy with the ability to swim that requires being in the water."

Sadly if we use a separate key for the comic, there is still the issue of scaling that I brought up for the show.

Could perhaps someone calculate something like Discord's volcano creation, so we can at least have something for them and not have to make them At least 8-A or Unknown?

That would be very appreciated, yes. Their in-show destructive feats are generally of very limited scale though. For example, Luna and Celestia combined were unable to disperse a snow storm.

I still don't see the point of the separate key, but alright. The volcano creation feat should give us a solid casual 7-B for Discord when calculated, and Trixie lowering the giant glass dome would be a good one for the Alicorns up to Discord if it is lower (which it likely is).

Ok, so:

Canon MLP will have Town Level characters (Maybe higher if we calculate the volcano feat), with Massively Hypersonic speed coming from Rainbow Dash and Relativistic Elements of Harmony

IDW MLP will have Large Planet Level characters, a possibly Universe Level Discord (We still need to find out how big that pocket universe was), with Sub-Relativistic speed from Luna, and FTL travel speed from Discord.

And if the next issues really tie into season 7 when they come out, we bring them together, if it doesn't, we keep them as separed keys, is that ok?

I like that idea, Paulo, but in that case I think we work out the calcs and then implement them after the entire arc is concluded.

Antvasima said:
Here is DarkLK's reply concerning the speed issue:
"Some characters in some fiction are able to go into hyperspace or to travel through time at the expense of achieving a certain speed (the speed of light for example or 88 mph). Technically, such travel in time can be classified as an immeasurable speed, but it is not the basic speed of a character. This is not the same as if the character has an immeasurable speed that applicable in the battle and gives immeasurable reaction. This is how to compare teleportation and infinite speed. Nevertheless, some of the characters during such travels can go to some hyper-continuum where they can even react to the movement of each other. In this case it may be immeasurable speed. But this rate will not be maintained in the normal continuum. I have already given the analogy with the ability to swim that requires being in the water."
Here's the thing though, Immeasurable is beyond time. If you're on Line X heading right, an Immeasurable being isn't even on the line. They can interact with whatever point they want.

Time travel through speed is just heading on Line X but left instead of right. They're still bound by time they're just doing it in a different direction.

@Xcano this thread has alreadly gone off topic and swayed around different directions multiple times now. If you want to argue the legitamacy of Immeasurable ratings could you please do so elsewhere?

I'm sorry but these MLP profiles are currently in an awful state and I just want some solution of it to be made instead of constant side tracking. Thank you.

@LordXcano Perhaps you could start a separate content revision thread about the speed issue, and then highlight it? I agree with Ryukama that we need to focus om somehow straightening out the MLP issue.

I think what Paulo and I suggested is mostly fine. I don't really agree with the separate key but as longas we only do that until the new arc that ties directly into Season 7 is actually proven to do so, I'm fine with it.

I do not think that the issue is if the comicbook ties into the show, but whether the show ties into the comicbook.

Maybe separated articles. Some canon characters have enough keys already (Elements of Harmony, Rainbow Power, Equestria Girls Human Form, etc), and some characters have separated forms in the comics (Nightmare Rarity, their evil forms for "Ponies of Dark Water", their vampire forms from "Night of the Living Apples", the Secretariat Comet, etc.), I think just putting them as separate keys would get a little confusing.

If Luna gets Mountain Level+ durability, I think it would probably scale for the other Alicorns and Full Power Tirek, maybe Discord, Chrysalis and Sombra, I think.

I figured it scale to Alicorns and Discord, but I haven't watched anything past the first few episodes of Season 4 so I dunno the full scaling.

I guess it also scales to Elements of Harmony?

So basically we're finding the Alicorns are all at roughly Mountain Level in strength if we are separating comics and TV show.

Doing some of the scaling, Discord is>2 Alicorns, while Full Power Chrysalis and Sombra should each be above 1 Alicorn, with Sombra potentially being>2 in the show, it's unclear, though he is >2 in the comics, which should roughly equal 1.5 gigatons, so they should be in the High 7-A tier (Chrysalis should be about 1.5x Alicorn at max, which would barely reach High 7-A). This would also scale to Post-Mane 6 Tirek. Post-Discord Tirek and All Alicorn Twilight are rouhgly 4 Alicorns in strength, which would make it roughly 3 Gigatons, and then Full Power Tirek, Rainbow Power and The Dazzlings should all be roughly double that, so 6 Gigatons, which pushes us into 6-C for the God Tiers. Tantbus would also be At Least 6-C due to being far above the rest of the show.

Thank you to Darkanine for starting to calculate fests from the show, although please remember that we count the MLP stellar movement feats as separate tiers, given how much they contradict their general attack power ratings.

Have the OBD made any calculations for the MLP cast?

Well, we respect, but are not, the OBD, and, to me at least, it seems too contradictory to have the fight of Tirek and 4x Alicorn Twilight cause so little damage to the surroundings, or Celestia and Luna be unable to disperse a snow storm, or Shining Armor's full power only barely being able to protect a small city with a force field, etcetera.

They have never actually remotely caused destruction on that scale, as far as I am aware, which is why it would seem strange to rate Discord and Tirek as regular 4-A, and the alicorns and everybody scaled from them as 4-C.

Antvasima said:
or Shining Armor's full power only barely being able to protect a small city with a force field.
Shining Armor doesn't relate to the Alicorns' power in any way, though, he's just a regular (If powerful) Unicorn. I don't see why he's important in the grand scheme of their tiers.

@Pikachu.

I don't think Tantbus would be "At least Island level" for virtue of their rating being on the very bottom of the 6-C spectrum. I think Chrysalyss would just be "At least Large Mountain level+". Your other scaling seem fine at a glance, though.

@Ant. I believe OBD has an Island level calc somewhere, but I never saw it so I dunno.

Wasn't Shining Armor's magic supposed to have empowered Chrysalis enough to overpower Celestia though? And didn't he and Cadence together send Chrysalis and the changeling army fleeing? Or do I misremember? It has been a long time since I watched the episode.

Antvasima said:
Wasn't Shining Armor's magic supposed to have empowered Chrysalis enough to overpower Celestia though? And didn't he and Cadence together send Chrysalis and the changeling army fleeing? Or do I misremember? It has been a long time since I watched the episode.
Technically, it wasn't really their power, it was the power of their love.

Well, the love allowed Chrysalis to feed off their magic, no?

So, would the Mountain feat be usable, then? LordXcano seemed to have approved the calc. Should I ask for more feedback from other Calc group members?

I just checked the transcript in the MLP wiki, and Chrysalis says: "Ah! Shining Armor's love for you is even stronger than I thought! Consuming it has made me even more powerful than Celestia!"

@Darkanine The one with Luna withstanding being thrown to the moon?

@Paulo Well, that does not really make any sense, even by MLP standards. Love is just a feeling after all. Using it to access power, I can understand. Love being a separate energy source does not make sense to me. Oh well, I am obviously not in charge of what the show's writers think.

I haven't read the comics in ages, but didn't they establish that love was a form of energy for them or something? I vaguely recall Chrysalis sacking (small) villages and sucking all the love from the inhabitants. Yet again, that might fall into they secondary canon grey area.

@Ant. Yeah, I was referring to the one I calced where Luna got blasted to the moon.

@Paulo

Well, never mind then.

@Darkanine

Well, if the feat happened in the TV show itself, I see no problem with using it.

However, it might be best to remove the Moon-moving calculation from the blog post, in order to avoid future discussions.

Back