• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: City level Reasons?

Anyway I, Loyal, Paulo, Azathoth and Pikachu all seem to agree to the upgrade to Large Planet level for everyone Luna's level and up. That makes 5. IIRC we need 2 more, so does anybody else agree?

EDI
T:
Everlasting also agrees to the upgrade. That makes 6.

I'm confident that the calc is accurate, and if everyone else agrees with it I'd be fine with it.

I still think it might be best to hear what Ant might have to say, but it's whatever.

Someone should also make a list of all the characters this scales to and why, so that the original point of this thread, giving these profiles actual justifications, is fufilled.

Doesn't the OP say why everything scales, the issue was just that there was no actual city level feat listed?

Alright, list of every character this scales to:

Celestia, Luna, Twilight Sparkle, Cadance, Flurry Heart and Trixie w/ Alicorn Amulet scale directly to this feat.

Base Queen Chrysalis seemed to be a decent amount weaker than an average Alicorn, so maybe a "Potentially 5-A" in her base form will be suitable. This would mean that Twilight with the Secretariat Comet power-up would scale to Likely 5-A, as she easily stomped Base Chrysalis with the move.

Thoraxe after transforming into his new form in the Season 6 Finale, looks to be a bit more powerful than Chrysalis, but to an unknown degree.

Queen Chrysalis w/ Shining Armor's Love is able to defeat Celestia by herself, albeit with difficulty. She would scale to this.

Starlight Glimmer was shown to be on par, if not slightly above Alicorn Twilight after a lot of studying and training, showing that she would be 5-A as well. In addition, a potential second tab could be made for Season 5 Opener Starlight, who was clearly outclassed by Alicorn Twilight and is likely to be on Unicorn Twilight's level.

Lord Tirek after absorbing Shining Armor's power was hinted at to be roughly on par with The Alicorns, so he would scale to 5-A then.

Discord & Sombra both casually stomp Celestia & Luna at the same time, and should get an "At least 5-A" most likely. Lord Tirek after absorbing the Mane 6's power was also hinted to be roughly at Discord's level of power.

The Elements of Harmony easily stomped Discord, as well as the Crystal Heart doing the same to Sombra. There is some subtle hints that Crystal Heart>EoH, but that doesn't really matter here.

Demon Sunset used the power of the EoH, and the Mane 6's Power of Friendship is also seemingly above the EoH in strength, which both Midnight Sparkle and Daydream Shimmer utilized.

Nightmare Rarity straight up tanks the power of friendship/EoH from the Mane 6, showing her to be likely>Sombra and Discord in at least raw power and durability.

Flurry Heart when her power fluctuated was able to destroy the Crystal Heart, which then took Celestia, Luna, Twilight, Starlight and the love of every citizen of the Crystal Empire to fix.

All Alicorn Twilight and Post-Discord Tirek seemed roughly equal in power, and were both well above Discord's level of power.

Full Power Tirek, after absorbing the Alicorn Magic, would be able to stomp all previous characters mentioned.

Rainbow Power is able to easily stomp Full Power Lord Tirek, while The Dazzlings were able to contend with Rainbow Power initially but lose after it was infused with Sunset's magic.

The Tantabus tanked the Rainbow Power in its base form, and eventually got so strong nothing in the verse could beat it, it had to be friendship'd to death.

In conclusion:

Potentially 5-A: Queen Chrysalis (Base), Thoraxe (Post-Transformation)

Likely 5-A: Unicorn Twilight (Secretariat Comet Power Boost)

5-A: Celestia, Luna, Alicorn Twilight, Starlight Glimmer (Season 5 Finale Onward), Cadance (With and Without Love), Shining Armor (With Love), Flurry Heart, Lord Tirek (Post-Shining Armor), Trixie Lulamoon (Alicorn Amulet)

At Least 5-A: King Sombra, Discord, Lord Tirek (Post-Mane 6)

At Least 5-A, potentially higher: Elements of Harmony, Crystal Heart, Demon Sunset, Daydream Shimmer, Midnight Sparkle, Nightmare Rarity, Flurry Heart (Power-Fluctuation), All Alicorn Twilight, Lord Tirek (Post-Discord), Full Power Tirek, Rainbow Power, The Dazzlings

At Least 5-A, Likely higher: Tantabus

This is my proposition.

From a glance, Pikachus scaling seems solid. Though, I only watched the first 3 seasons so I can't say much for characters past that.

1. Nobody gets "At least 5-A". You do not get "At least 5-A" for being superior to a single low to mid-level 5-A character, as the difference between the highest and lowest levels of the tier is almost 20,000x.

2. Flurry Heart does not scale. Breaking the Crystal Heart does not mean you are above its power. Sombra was going to destroy the Crystal Heart, but activating its power OMFGWTFBBQnihilated him almost instantly. Flurry Heart may scale when she grows up due to being an alicorn, but right now she's a baby who has not exactly fought or contended with anything.

Other than that the scaling is probably fine.

Well, I remain extremely uncertain about upgrading all of the top tier MLP characters to 5-A based on a comicbook, rather than the TV show itself, when they have never displayed a destructive scale remotely of this level within it.

I don't think it would be fair to ignore the feat just because it comes from a comic, mainly because this wiki uses a speed feat that comes from the exact same comic. But it's your wiki, you guys do whatever you want.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I don't think it would be fair to ignore the feat just because it comes from a comic, mainly because this wiki uses a speed feat that comes from the exact same comic. But it's your wiki, you guys do whatever you want.
The comic is likely non-canon due to what I linked.

Really? I thought this wiki used the comics as secondary canon (Canon unless it contradicts), but, if it doesn't, why does Luna have Sub-Relativistic speed? That feat is from the exact same arc as the "Pulling the moon" feat,... Seriously, I don't get it.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Really? I thought this wiki used the comics as secondary canon (Canon unless it contradicts), but, if it doesn't, why does Luna have Sub-Relativistic speed? That feat is from the exact same arc as the "Pulling the moon" feat,... Seriously, I don't get it.
IIRC we do use it as secondary canon, dunno why Crop is saying we dont

Then why do we have the Sub-Relativistic stats from a comic-exclusive feat and abilities that are comic exclusive included in the profiles? On the thread that came before this about 4-C MLP there was a post about the comics being secondary canon, not non-canon, i'll try to find it.

Well, if the main show ignores the comics, I am extremely uncertain if we should use them. I would prefer if we only use the main canon, especially when the feats of the comic completely dwarf anything ever established within the TV series itself.

Antvasima said:
Well, if the main show ignores the comics, I am extremely uncertain if we should use them. I would prefer if we only use the main canon, especially when the feats of the comic completely dwarf anything ever established within the TV series itself.
IIRC the newest arc of the comics is directly tying in with Season 7.

LoyalservantofInti said:
Maybe the comics should be a separate key?
That could be seperated, but a question, if we use comic feats, isn't Discord like 3-A with his reality warping at one point? I don't remember the comic but it seemed like he made a universe.

EDIT: it was Discord with the CMC

Well, the Universe seemed to contain a ton of planets with navigational outer-space if we're remembering the same feat. Dunno what tier it would be. I guess we could either count the planets and assume Earth GBEs for them or try to find a total size of it.

Well, given that the TV show ignores the comics, I still do not think that we should scale the characters from them.

Well, it depends on your point of view, because the comics are secondary canon, not non-canon, so, as long as nothing in that specific comic contradicts the show, there's no problem. It was also said the the issues 51 to 53 will be tying into season 7.

But if you really don't want to use the comics, we could use LoyalservantofInti's idea and use the comics as a separate key, or maybe separated articles, that's at least better than totally ignoring the comics, but that's just my opinion, you do whatever you want.

If the TV show completely ignores the comics, they are not a part of the primary canon.

Antvasima said:
If the TV show completely ignores the comics, they are not a part of the primary canon.
Except it doesn't. The whole blog post about disproving it's canonocity is entirely based around minor art decisions (character appearances) meanwhile the actual storyline and plot ties in with the show's canon. And, as Ever said above, Season 7 is directly tied in with the comics.

Man, this thread is kind of making my head spin, so will we just keep the MLP top tiers as they are now? If so, then what of the Sub Relativistic Luna feat from the same Comic that Weeklybattles brought up earlier, cause as much as I myself love the Show, I'm kind of effy on the whole Large Planet MLP

Another media can adapt a certain fiction, while still being completely ignored/never referenced in the slightest by the main canon. Given this, combined with the enormous difference in the displayed scale of power between the two mediums, I am very reluctant to accept this, and would rather consider it as an alternative timeline.

My point was that Season 7, as it seems, is directly referencing events in the comic. And either way that would make the vote 7-3, so it'd still go through.

EDIT: In addition, disparity in power does not make something more or less canon. If a comic based on the MCU suddenly had Cap dishing out City Block level hits that wouldn't make the comic non-canon.

How is season 7 referencing parts of the comicbooks?

Anyway, if the continuities are separate, I would prefer two different keys for the comics and the main show.

Back