• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MLP Speed Upgrade (Infinite/Immeasurable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, infinite or immeasurable, the thread has gotten no action in terms of staff acceptance or rejection for either end. Gotta keep bumping till something happens.

Last edited:
Basically nobody but probably Cosmos and The Elements/Rainbow Power would scale, because Discord does all of his feats extremely casually.
Yeah, but everyone in tier 2 is able to react to the speeds of the Elements and their equals (Stygian) or has scaling to those who can. There's also the fact that Discord is at best a measly 4 times more powerful than a standard alicorn, and 2x at worst. Statwise, Discord isn't much better than Luna or Celestia. It's just being a reality warper makes the gap appear far bigger than it is.

Well, that and the fact that I think it only scales to his travel speed (Even though immeasurable speed characters would fly to the beginning of time if they couldn't react to their own speed).

Last edited:
you should change the title to MLP infinite/immeasurable speed to get more attention

Last edited:
I am not sure. It seems extremely inconsistent for the verse. Meaning, the characters have never actually remotely demonstrated immeasurable speed in combat situations.

Which of them would be affected by this revision?

I do not think this qualifies as Immeasurable and seems more like a range feat. Moreover, Immeasurable sounds painfully inconsistent with how the cast is consistently portrayed.

Yes, I agree. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

I do not think this qualifies as Immeasurable and seems more like a range feat.
Well, you see, the waves are technically going throughout all of space and time since the dream realm contains multiverses from every point in time.

So it would have to be immeasurable to effect them all.

And the feat being done via shockwaves would mean it can't just be range.

Moreover, Immeasurable sounds painfully inconsistent with how the cast is consistently portrayed.
The cast?

This would only scale to those who scale to Celestia. Aka, the God Tiers of the verse. As far as I know, there's nothing that would at all be an anti-feat for this. All of them do MFTL+ stuff incredibly casually already.

The Elements of Harmony are always just blitz one-shot moves as well, so there's no inconsistencies there.

Discord can casually run through time.

Cosmos can casually cross dimensions in brief periods of time.

I personally don't see the inconsistencies here.

The only things that will scale are:

Celestia
Luna
Discord
Cosmos
Elements of Harmony
Rainbow Power Ponies
Tirek
EoS Twilight
All Alicorn Power Twilight
Alicorn Cozy Glow

Last edited:
Such as? Who did I miss? Only those on par with Celestia will get this.
Normal Alicorn Twilight would also get this scaling. Anyone who scales to the current stats would scale to Celestia, some closer to her than others. At minimum you get either unfed Chrysalis scaling via fighting on par with a clone of Twilight, or Star Swirl who can react to blasts from the Pony of Shadows, and he definitely is above Celestia in the food chain.

read the OP, infinite speed i'm neutral. However
However, since dreams are a blend of the past, present, and future I think an argument for immeasurable magic speed exists, via passing through a construct containing the past, present, and future at once.
No, it isn't, passing through a construct that containing past, present and future at once isn't mean moving through past, present and future via sheer speed, the reason magic (or whatever) can pass through past, present and future is because of the unique nature of said construct, not magic's own sheer speed. it is like i moving in a realm with non-linear flow of time, which will not grant me Immeasurable speed, because inherently, i'm incapable of moving through time through my sheer speed, but because of the realm unique nature allow me to move like that

Well, you see, the waves are technically going throughout all of space and time since the dream realm contains multiverses from every point in time.

So it would have to be immeasurable to effect them all.

And the feat being done via shockwaves would mean it can't just be range.

The cast?

This would only scale to those who scale to Celestia. Aka, the God Tiers of the verse. As far as I know, there's nothing that would at all be an anti-feat for this. All of them do MFTL+ stuff incredibly casually already.

The Elements of Harmony are always just blitz one-shot moves as well, so there's no inconsistencies there.

Discord can casually run through time.

Cosmos can casually cross dimensions in brief periods of time.

I personally don't see the inconsistencies here.

The only things that will scale are:

Celestia
Luna
Discord
Cosmos
Elements of Harmony
Rainbow Power Ponies
Tirek
EoS Twilight
All Alicorn Power Twilight
Alicorn Cozy Glow
The problem is, pretty much every Tier 2 character in fiction would have Immeasurable attack speed scaling by that logic. Simply having area of effect that effects spacetime is not enough to qualify for Immeasurable. Also, the god tiers have been surprised by finite speed characters, which would be painfully inconsistent for characters with Infinite/Immeasurable combat speed. Also, there has been a strict rule where separating combat speed from movement speed becomes not so quantifiable once we get to Infinite/Immeasurable speed. As AKM said, characters who run through time but lack combat speed should just have time travel and not Immeasurable speed as doing so is like giving Infinite travel speed to those with instant transmission/teleportation.

Thanks again for helping out, Medeus. 🙏

The problem is, pretty much every Tier 2 character in fiction would have Immeasurable attack speed scaling by that logic. Simply having area of effect that effects spacetime is not enough to qualify for Immeasurable. Also, the god tiers have been surprised by finite speed characters, which would be painfully inconsistent for characters with Infinite/Immeasurable combat speed. Also, there has been a strict rule where separating combat speed from movement speed becomes not so quantifiable once we get to Infinite/Immeasurable speed. As AKM said, characters who run through time but lack combat speed should just have time travel and not Immeasurable speed as doing so is like giving Infinite travel speed to those with instant transmission/teleportation.
Please tell me what inconsistencies there are.

I am certain if there are some, that most of not all of them can be explained away by them either being casual at the time, or PIS.

Infinite speed is not inconsistent at all with high tiers.

Especially considering this would only end up scaling to attack speed and reactions anyway.

A brief note about that I just noticed the following blog post.

Is that something of interest to anybody here? Also, can somebody link to our general MLP discussion thread please?

A brief note about that I just noticed the following blog post.

Is that something of interest to anybody here? Also, can somebody link to our general MLP discussion thread please?
Hm? That seems to be someone's incomplete cosmology blog for MLP. Maybe they're working on something.

I can't find the MLP discussion thread so I'll make one.

Still waiting to know what the inconsistencies are.

MLP characters are almost always casual, so people catching them off guard with stuff occasionally doesn't really matter in regards to scaling.

And, it's not like vsbw considers every lower showing of speed to be an anti-feat either. Otherwise pretty much every character here would be downgraded a ton.

Also would like to mention again that this would only scale to attack and reaction speed from what I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back