• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: City level Reasons?

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello everyone. So I recentally have went over all the My Little Pony profiles on this profile. And I have come across what could potentially be a major problem.

The City level stats that a lot of characters posses, have no justification. They are seemingly derived from circular powerscaling without a feat that it orignally comes from.

It'd be like if we had, "Bob is City level since he beat Jim." and "Jim is City level because he fought Bob."

To show this, I will be listing off all the reasons each 7-B MLP character has their rating.

As you can see, everyone here is given City level powerscaling to someone else, however nowhere in any of this is a City level feat explained.

Now I am not automatically asking for an MLP downgrade right now. I am simply asking if someone knowledgable in the series could explain where City level comes into play.

If one can, then the profiles will simply have their reasonings adjusted. If not though, then obviously a downgrade is in order.

Really? I thought the City Level MLP came from Discord reality warping all of Ponyville, but those justifications really are kind of nonsense, if Discord powerscale form Celestia how does Celestia scales from Discord?

There was that time where Discord reality warped all of Ponyville, and the Elements of Harmony could restore it. And if I'm not mistaken, King Sombra was covering the entire Crystal Empire with those dark crystal (If I'm not mistaken, I haven't watched this episode since a long time ago), I don't know if this makes them City Level, but the powscaling that is used right now really is flawed.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
There was that time where Discord reality warped all of Ponyville, and the Elements of Harmony could restore it. And if I'm not mistaken, King Sombra was covering the entire Crystal Empire with those dark crystal (If I'm not mistaken, I haven't watched this episode since a long time ago), I don't know if this makes them City Level, but the powscaling that is used right now really is flawed.
yes i have seen the intier seares discord feat could be legit however ponyvil identfys as a town not a city even the name is just short for pony villeg as for the qristal empier that was not a feat of deistrashin and happened over a non specified peried of time

there is one more this could come from in a canterlat wedding when shining amera and kadinc sent a pulls of energy thour the city but that only affted the changlings and left the city untached.

yes i have seen the intier seares discord feat could be legit however ponyvil identfys as a town not a city even the name is just short for pony villeg as for the qristal empier that was not a feat of deistrashin and happened over a non specified peried of time

there is one more this could come from in a canterlat wedding when shining amera and kadinc sent a pulls of energy thour the city but that only affted the changlings and left the city untached.

Ok.

Discord is at least casual Building level using his reality warping, as he was making a building float upside-down in Ponyville. Most likely higher (Town+) since he had made the entire town into a bizarro land and wasn't visibly exerting effort to keep it that way. Dunno where the city feat comes from, though.

Tirek at full power is certainly city level by sheer virtue of his kaiju size and the beam he fired that sent trees flying everywhere and caused some large explosions - that may be overselling him somewhat though, I don't know if there are calcs on that. After absorbing Discord he is Building+ level by blowing up Twilight's treehouse (not a hut, an actual house-sized dwelling in a tree), throwing a large chunk of ground a significant distance, throwing Twilight a considerable distance and smashing her clean through a hill with sheer physical force. An explosion from a large beam attack of his clashing with Twilight's (with the power of the alicorns) also displaced a fair amount of stone rubble and created a small crater. None of that is close to city level though, at most it can be argued that if he really went on a rampage with all he's packing he could level a town if he took some time but that's it really, his individual attacks are large building level at the very best. Relevant fight here.

Luna and Celestia have demonstrated Building level at the very best during their flashback duel by firing beams through several solid stone building parts iirc.

Sombra City level is a stretch but possible since he did surround an entire city in smoke form and his black crystals were very rapidly growing all over the place even though he was not inside for more than a few minutes, probably even less than that.

Rainbow Dash is Room to Small Building level with the Sonic Rainboom by blowing up a dingy shed - it's iffy if that counts as a Room level feat or a Building level one since on the one hand the shed was dingy and damaged already but on the other hand the remains went flying everywhere.

Chrysalis beat Celestia in a beam struggle but again those beams individually are room level at best, building level if I'm being generous and assuming that the power of the beamspam was put into that one beam.

Rainbow Power beat full power Tirek, so that's Town level at least and possibly higher.

Shining Armor made a shield around a palace that's about town-size that was about as strong as a worn wooden wall after he was weakened by Chrysalis repeated hypnosis - it took many changelings to break through it by bashing against it, and they were able to create small craters in cobblestone by smashing into it so they are low wall-level. That doesn't say anything about his attack potency though, and in fact I don't recall him ever attacking once except for an attack that got casually nullified by Tirek so it's impossible to tell how strong that was.

Oh yeah and he launched all the changelings from the city that one time with a combo attack with Cadence but it's hard to tell how much of that was his doing and how much it was Cadence channeling their love for one another into her love magic, so that's not really useful and not nearly city level besides - there were never more than a couple of hundred changelings present at most and Chrysalis doesn't have durability feats for as far as I know, she only really had the beam clash which doesn't measure her durability at all. Last time I checked flinging a crowd of people a couple of miles is equal to doing so with a large building at best, and that's not really city level power.

And I don't really recall any of the other characters listed ever doing anything past peak human to wall level that aren't able to scale off of the above feats. Also of note is that I have not watched season 5 or 6, but to my understanding many of the scalings present are only for the alternate future versions of some of these characters so the scaling may or may not be applicable in full to begin with, even if a city level feat to scale off of existed. If someone knows of City level feats in the new seasons please come forward.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
So, going by feats, I think Discord should be At least Town Level.
prably but this shouldnt scall to the prences other then twilght when she battled on par with trek as they needed the eliments to beat him and couldn't on there own.

Darkmon cns said:
prably but this shouldnt scall to the prences other then twilght when she battled on par with trek as they needed the eliments to beat him and couldn't on there own.
Twilight had all the magical power of Celestia, Luna and Cadence given to her though, so that's not nearly a base-level feat for her.

And yeah, it's a stretch to say that the tree throwing laser is anywhere close to city level, but by virtue of his kaiju size (at least 40 meters assuming those are pretty small trees) he could still qualify. I'd put him at town level max due to lack of feats that'd place him higher though.

Twilight had all the magical power of Celestia, Luna and Cadence given to her though, so that's not nearly a base-level feat for her.

And yeah, it's a stretch to say that the tree throwing laser is anywhere close to city level, but by virtue of his kaiju size (at least 40 meters assuming those are pretty small trees) he could still qualify. I'd put him at town level max due to lack of feats that'd place him higher though.

i didnt say her base i ment as she was when she battled trek that is a key for her.

Darkmon cns said:
and again your understmating city level
His size is certainly enough to demolish a city with in a reasonable amount of time, though he definitely doesn't pack that much power in a single attack. I'm not advocating for changes, I'm just ballparking the feats I know of, we still need calcs to make actual changes.

LoyalservantofInti said:
I thought he did in the fight with twilight
Nah, he smashed her through a hill. That wasn't close to a mountain and he basically just smashed a hole through it, he didn't completely destroy it or anything. That attack is large building level at best I'd estimate, probably lower but the hill is drawn inconsistently with regards to its size, so when someone more knowledgable wants to do a calc they may find something else.

Well in time but city level is given to some one who can do it in one hit and I have seen people put at large building level for being that tall.

So MLP is going to get a little downgrade, hmm I think the Alicorns should still have Higher Ap then an average Pony such as Rainbow Dash, mainly because Nightmare Moon should beat the Mane 6 without the Elements

Apex PredatorX said:
This is the best destruction feat for the Alicorns in general.. Small Building Level.
https://youtu.be/8XKnTpXfV94?t=108

Also Durability... Celestia Took one shot but is improvable she will be able to survive another one.
Basically that, yeah. I'd argue that those attacks are just at room level though, since even one of those attacks that hit a building only blew up a corner of it. But again, I'll leave that for qualified calcers.

Considering Spike is 8-A based on this calc (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Thebluedash/My_Little_Pony_calc_-_Spike_melts_ice), and the Alicorns are clearly above him, it's quite easy to see that they are at least Tier 7. There are in now way just Building Level when even beginning of Season 1 Twilight can lift a house-sized Ursa Minor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFDYxrodzSk), in addition to nearly leveling her treehouse in the Season 3 Opener (Can't find a good clip, it's near the beginning of Part 1).

To further support Town Level or higher Alicorns, Trixie, who uses the Alicorn Amulet to gain the strength of said species, alters the entirety of Ponyville similar to Discord, putting a giant glass bowl on top of it and making it storm badly over the city. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekVarKVRQu0) (I can't find a good clip of the storm, but watch Season 3 Episode 5). Keep in mind she JUST obtained the amulet, and was not quite used to the power of it yet, so it's unlikely she used the full extent of an Alicorn's power.

Discord is 100% Town or City Level based on his entire reality warp of Ponyville with casual ease. It's implied 1000 years ago he did it to all of Equestria but that isn't necessarily shown.

Tirek is not even 7-A in his fight with Twilight, I put him as "Likely 7-A" as he was roughly equal to Discord in power (Casual Town+) and then absorbed his power into him. His massive Kaiju form should be 7-A by virtue of size alone.

@Pikachu942 The gap between Spike and the weakest City level possible is over 15,600 times. The Alicorns being "clearly above him" alone does not imply such a large gap. We don't upgrade characters to such massive extents without some clear evidence.

Anyone who scales to Spike and doesn't have a feat higher than his should be "At least Multi-City Block" with perhaps a "likely/possibly higher" to be generous.

Also can you please provide clips of the feats you are describing.

Even then the feats you seem to be describing appear to be hax based such as Reality Warping a town. And combatwise doesn't necessarily have to scale to raw physical power or durability.

The gap between the strongest Town level and the weakest Mountain is over 1000. So Tirek absorbing Discord's power (which was rather equal to Tirek's) and adding that to his own would, effectively a doubling in power, would not boost him that high.

I'd also like to see an image of Tirek's size. But still isn't Tirek one of the more high tiers that not many scale to?

If these are the reasonings for City level, then these profiles may need a real revision.

I provided clips in my post after editing.

I understand, but I was moreso making that first point with Spike to disprove building level.

Physically lifting a house sized monster and leveling your own 2 story library is hax and not raw-power? What about Trixie CASUALLY lifting and slowly lowering a gigantic town sized glass dome onto the city? This stuff shows physical prowess, and quite clearly scales to their AP (tbh the Tier 4 feats scale too but people are so scared of making this verse Tier 4 that they don't).

I understand the distance between Town and Mountain, but it should still be likely higher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoC5WTnUUCM (Around the 4:15 mark), it shows Tirek clearly growing close to the size of the mountains of the background, though admittedly it is quite vague, though it should still be a vast power increase.

@Pikachu, I never said that MLP has no impressive feats of physical raw power. Just that the Town to City level stuff you described does not seem to derive from physical AP.

The feat you described of Tirek is basically a doubling in power. Not a 1000x boost like you've now rated him as. If absorbing Discord's power is the only reason you made him 7-A, that needs to be changed immediately.

Also not all mountains = 7-A. Depending on the size and the form of the feat, destroying a mountain might not even equate to Town level. We'd need someone to calculate these mountains in order to put a decivise tier.

Since I trust Blue's calculating abilities and a massive amount of people supported it, I am fine with MLP being adjusted to "At least Multi-City Block" and maybe a "likely/possibly higher." If there are no other feats of this scale within the series.

But either way it seems that these profiles require a considerable revision in one way or another.

I agree, I feel like some stuff, specifically the Tirek size and the strength of moving thr glass dome, should be calculated, they seem integral to a lot of different characters atm.

I can't believe you're seriously considering that this stuff does not translate to AP? If you can completely wipe out something via reality warping, doesn't it stand to reason that it should go to your AP?

So, the alicorns should be either "At least Multi-City Block Level" by scaling from Spike, or "At least Town Level" by scaling from the Alicorn Amulet.

Discord should be "At least Town Level, likely higher" by warping Ponyville casually.

And I still have no idea where to put Tirek in.

Didn't Discord trigger a volcanic eruption once? We usually treat those as 7-B feats.

Pikachu942 said:
I can't believe you're seriously considering that this stuff does not translate to AP? If you can completely wipe out something via reality warping, doesn't it stand to reason that it should go to your AP?
Please do not get condescending with me or try to insult what I am saying. Especially after the severe logical fallcies you have made within this thread (equating a doubling in power to a 1000x one, suggesting someone should be Tier 7 purely because they're stronger than a MBC, etc.) and that you've been warned about in the past. With all due respect, you're not in a position to be criticizing me to so harshly.

Also I never said it doesn't translate to AP. I said it may not translate to physical AP. Adam Conover can create Mountain levels of destruction through his hax, but it doesn't scale to him physically. I was saying that the feats you described seem to be more hax derivitive than physically deriviative.

I actually forgot about that feat, thanks guys. He created an active volcano out of thin air.

I apologize Ryu, but I humbly ask you to not bring up my past trangressions (which weren't really trangressions in the end anyways as most of it has been at least partially accepted at this point). Still, it does equate to their AP in some way, so it should still be part of it.

Pikachu942 said:
I apologize Ryu, but I humbly ask you to not bring up my past trangressions (which weren't really trangressions in the end anyways as most of it has been at least partially accepted at this point). Still, it does equate to their AP in some way, so it should still be part of it.
I accept your apology. I am not trying to automatically discredit whatever you are saying due to things in the past or insult you for those events. We have all made mistakes.

What I am saying is asking you to not act in such a brass way towards what I am saying. As, like everyone else, you have said things before you'd not want someone to harshly criticize you for.

But that is besides the point and this doesn't need to be further discussed. It's all good and settled now.

Once again yes it would equate to AP. But depending on the context and manner of such feats, may not be ones that scale to physical power or durability. Though I am not certain.

Creating a volcano out of nothing may be a considerable feat however. It'd depend on what the calc group has to say about it.

So, I was thinking of using the Kinetic Energy of the Luna rope feat that was accepted awhile back.

Weight Calculation is here

Speed Calculation is here

KE: 1/2 (10631669.5 * (12813333.333333468065 * 12813333.333333468065)) = 8.7276178e+20 Joules

8.7276178e+20 Joules = 208 Gigatons worth of TNT.

Large Island...take from that what you will.

Back