• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #7

Shigaraki's durability wouldn't scale, that's why Redestro can easily rip off his fingers, but Shigaraki's Decay might have some level of Attack Potency and clashed with the stress bump and the resulting collison created a huge shockwave, Shigaraki's durability wouldn't scale at all

Shigaraki was at the very epicenter of the shockwave, if that didn't affect him, then it wasn't an explosion in the first place, and therefore cannot be calculated as such.

Well looking back at the image, from what it looks like, Re-Destro's attack was despersed due to decay and Re-destro's attack alone caused the destruction, it basically would only scale to Re-destro

Also, Shigaraki made Gigantomachia stop in his tracks, possibly due to fear, that's damned impressive

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Well looking back at the image, from what it looks like, Re-Destro's attack was despersed due to decay and Re-destro's attack alone caused the destruction, it basically would only scale to Re-destro
That might also be true, but that would mean that the distance I calculated was actually the diameter of the shockwave, and the result would be much lower.

Explosion diameter = 339.27 m

Explosion radius = 169.635 m

W = 169.635^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 = 392.31 Tons of TNT (Multi-City Block level)

Yes, and it's more consistent with his previous showings, but I want to know what other contributors think about your proposal before I create the blog.

@Therefir If you don't mind, can you explain the process of the calc? It seems like you angsized the distance between Redestero and a building, but I'm not sure why, if that is indeed the case, the distance would be the diameter instead of the radius now

Especially since if you take it as diameter, it would imply the shockwave originated at the halfway point between Redestro and the building and travelled towards Redestro

I'm not implying that, this formula is also applicable to explosions or shockwaves that go in a single direction, like this, or this other one.

One thing I disliked about this arc and one thing I have to give credit for

The thing I disliked is that Compress didn't get fleshed out in this arc. If you don't know he is actually my second favorite member of the League (possibly third after Shigaraki's development) and it was kinda disappointing that he was the one person left out when it came to character development

As for what I have to give it credit for, it's Redestero. At first I really didn't care about him, but soon enough the manga started to change my mind. I think he was just an awesome villain in the last couple of chapters after actually stepping into the fight and voicing his perspective

Mr Compress is like the Aoyama of the villains, give it some time and his character will get fleshed out and given an arc

Yeah, it's not like I think he will never get development, it's just that with all the other members getting their time to shine in this arc (even fricking Giran) I didn't like how compress was the only one left out. Tho I guess that's mostly due to bias..

Tetsucabrah said:
Andytrenom said:
No, not without evidence
Dabi did run away from Miruko, if that counts for anything.
Hawks was about to 1 v 1 Dabi with almost no feathers left which is stated on his profile. Dabi decided to swoop in when Hawks had no feathers and tired, and Endeavor was literally barely able to stand from his fight with High End. The second Miruko popped in, Dabi dipped. There's no indication that Dabi got stronger or had a breakthrough like the other LoV members did, so at the very least we can go off of that. Miruko/The top 5 heroes can scale to or above Dabi or are enough to retreat/not want to fight

Jo-Smooth said:
Hawks was about to 1 v 1 Dabi with almost no feathers left which is stated on his profile. Dabi decided to swoop in when Hawks had no feathers and tired, and Endeavor was literally barely able to stand from his fight with High End. The second Miruko popped in, Dabi dipped. There's no indication that Dabi got stronger or had a breakthrough like the other LoV members did, so at the very least we can go off of that. Miruko/The top 5 heroes can scale to or above Dabi or are enough to retreat/not want to fight
I agree. Miruko also stamped out Dabi's flame wall iirc.

Saw the new chapter too.

Shigaraki really showed them whose boss with just that showcase of P O W E R alone xD

So the League of Villains now has Shigaraki, Gigantomachia, Re-Destro, 11 High-End Nomu, Geten, Dabi, Twice, the complete quirk erasing bullet that can probably be mass produced now thanks to their newly gained funds and an army of 100k trained quirk users. Welp the heroes are screwed once the LoV and the MLA regroups. Who knows they might decide to break OFA and a bunch of other criminals out of Tartarus and make things even worse.

Tetsucabrah said:
this arc was shit, Shigaraki got everything gift wrapped to him.
Going through a month and a half of pure training, followed by invading a superior force on their home territory and managing to win doesn't seem like getting everything gift-wrapped.

If that were the case, he'd never need to impress Gigantomachia, and Doctor Ujiko would have given him unconditional support from the beginning.

Peter1129 said:
So the League of Villains now has Shigaraki, Gigantomachia, Re-Destro, 11 High-End Nomu, Geten, Dabi, Twice, the complete quirk erasing bullet that can probably be mass produced now thanks to their newly gained funds and an army of 100k trained quirk users. Welp the heroes are screwed once the LoV and the MLA regroups. Who knows they might decide to break OFA and a bunch of other criminals out of Tartarus and make things even worse.
Honestly. I'm unsure how the heroes really stand a chance at this point.

So... Shigaraki just become a f*cking emperor, he'll have access now to the liberation Army, The Doctor, High-Ends, Gigantomachia and he now has a evolved quirk that can destroy an entire town with one hand...

My god the tables have flipped in favor of the villains, the way Shigaraki looks after his shirt was ripped off reminds me of Deku

Overall Shigaraki is a badass and the heroes are f*cked

VersusJunkie54 said:
Honestly. I'm unsure how the heroes really stand a chance at this point.
Right it took everything Endeavor and Hawks had just to beat one High-End Nomu. And now there's 11 more plus three guys (Shigaraki, Gigantomachia and Re-Destro) that nobody except All Might and All For One can defeat.

It's likely getting close to the time for Shigaraki to take over Japan just like how One for all did and then a timeskip, that's what I'm predicting will happen, also I imagine seeing a Deku vs Shigaraki Round 1 upcoming, and Deku will lose, point is, I believe it's time for the Villains to take over

Since Tomura's ability bypasses conventional durability in the first place, his AP hasn't really changed but his range his significantly.

I mean, we might be able to say Town level with Decay, I mean he did destroy a town, he created a huge freaking crater with his quirk, that's still technically a feat right?

Regardless, Shigaraki doesn't need AP when he can casually disintegrate everything within the radius of a town selectively

Damage3245 said:
Going through a month and a half of pure training, followed by invading a superior force on their home territory and managing to win doesn't seem like getting everything gift-wrapped.

If that were the case, he'd never need to impress Gigantomachia, and Doctor Ujiko would have given him unconditional support from the beginning.
I understand that Shigaraki had to win or else it wouldn't make narrative sense due to the conditions the doctor set, but that doesn't mean I have to like the way Horikoshi went about things. It was barely even a struggle, 6 people defeated an army. Shigaraki was losing vs Redestro and then asspulled his way to victory. Now Shigaraki gains an army, two of the strongest goons in the world, and political influence. It feels entirely undeserved.

That's not even taking into account how the most of the fights were off screened and the rest of the arc was nothing but flashbacks. The fact that this arc also came after one of the most boring training arcs I've ever read is more salt on the wound. Shigaraki's backstory itself was terrible and his motive to just "watch the world burn" is so overdone and has been done better by others. There's nothing remotely interesting about him compared to some of the other villains from this series.

I do not think Shigaraki can carry this series as the main villain. Every time the focus is on him I wish we were doing something else.

People who think it's worse are probably tired of the Naruto and Bleach formula of crazy powerups, impossible odds being achieved, and tons of backstories, while I love that kinda sh*t

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
^Then drop the series... he's gonna be the main villain and around for a while, so if you hate this arc, you're probably gonna hate more of what's to come
Why do fans always respond to criticism by saying "just drop the series bro"

I know Shigaraki is going to be the main villain that's been obvious from the beginning.

I'm just saying I wish he was better written and more interesting. This series has more going for it than him so no I'm not dropping it. Don't be a drone.

Back