• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #7

Well, if you don't like the story, then why would you keep up with it, I usually drop a story I'm not interested in anymore, being a drone has nothing to do with it, I believe that if you dislike the main villain and haven't liked the past two arcs, why would you even want to continue the story, it's people who stay around and don't like series that usually keep the hate up, and its that kinda stuff that happened to Fairy Tail, which just has so much hate from people

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Well, if you don't like the story, then why would you keep up with it, I usually drop a story I'm not interested in anymore, being a drone has nothing to do with it, I believe that if you dislike the main villain and haven't liked the past two arcs, why would you even want to continue the story, it's people who stay around and don't like series that usually keep the hate up, and its that kinda stuff that happened to Fairy Tail, which just has so much hate from people
Because there's a lot more I'm interested in about the story than just Shigaraki's dumb ass.

Lots of plotlines that have remained untouched since the AFO arc. The subject of the traitor being an obvious one.

I think Therefir's calc for Re-Destro 100% is usable.

Also does anyone mind if I upgrade Shigaraki's range to hundreds of meters with Decay?

Tetsucabrah said:
Why do fans always respond to criticism by saying "just drop the series bro"

I know Shigaraki is going to be the main villain that's been obvious from the beginning.

I'm just saying I wish he was better written and more interesting. This series has more going for it than him so no I'm not dropping it. Don't be a drone.
I hate responses like that as well, but your comment is barely criticism, your insight into Shigaraki's backstory and motives amounted to nothing more than "it's terrible", "it's done better" and the rest of your comment also consisted mostly of oversimplification and one or two word descriptions. These are things which anyone can say about anything without bothering to bring genuine faults of a work to light.

Criticism is supposed to actually point out ways a story or fiction can improve, if you dislike the arc that's fine but don't try to pass off having a negative opinion as "giving criticism"

This reminds me of how Warren disliked the way Thor was portrayed in Endgame and wrote a few paragraphs of how he would like the character to have been used.

Therefir said:
That might also be true, but that would mean that the distance I calculated was actually the diameter of the shockwave, and the result would be much lower.

Explosion diameter = 339.27 m

Explosion radius = 169.635 m

W = 169.635^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 = 392.31 Tons of TNT (Multi-City Block level)
@BlackeJan It's not a blog, it's in this thread.

Peter1129 said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
Honestly. I'm unsure how the heroes really stand a chance at this point.
Right it took everything Endeavor and Hawks had just to beat one High-End Nomu. And now there's 11 more plus three guys (Shigaraki, Gigantomachia and Re-Destro) that nobody except All Might and All For One can defeat.
Yeah. They were both getting bodied by High-End who we all know is nowwhere near Gigamachia's level or even Shigaraki as he is now.

Re-destro at least will probably be less of a threat now that his legs are gone

Well the good news is Shigaraki's left hand is mostly gone and his decay seems to be cracking his own body, Re-Destro has lost both his legs and the High-End Nomus are still incomplete. So really the only relevant fighters that could fight without any problems right now are Gigantomachia, Twice, Geten and Dabi. Everybody else is mostly just fodder or temporarily out of commission.

Peter1129 said:
Well the good news is Shigaraki's left hand is mostly gone and his decay seems to be cracking his own body, Re-Destro has lost both his legs and the High-End Nomus are still incomplete. So really the only relevant fighters that could fight without any problems right now are Gigantomachia, Twice, Geten and Dabi. Everybody else is mostly just fodder or temporarily out of commission.
This is true. But even so, Gigantomachia alone would likely body Endeavor and Hawks at the same time.

I've heard some crazy theroies that Overhaul's left hand may get grafted onto Shigaraki's left. If that happens then... yeah.

You also neglected in your post to mention that they also have the Quirk Erasing bullets.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions. But the heroes as they are right now are completely ******.

Redestro could get himself some mechanical legs.

Considering all the other technology he has, it's not out of the question.

Peter1129 said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
Honestly. I'm unsure how the heroes really stand a chance at this point.
Right it took everything Endeavor and Hawks had just to beat one High-End Nomu. And now there's 11 more plus three guys (Shigaraki, Gigantomachia and Re-Destro) that nobody except All Might and All For One can defeat.
What can Shigaraki and Re-Destro really do against Endeavor's special named techniques? Not even high speed regen could deal with that. Endeavor's named attacks in the manga don't seem to follow the same AP rules the wiki gives characters. Like without the wiki rules, but strictly in lore, it doesn't seem like someone even like All Might would just be able to tank Hell Spider or Prominence Burn. Ofc Endeavor would never actually hit him but as for Shiragaki, Giga and Re-Destro

Shigaraki could probably destroy the fire...

And he just has to touch the ground now and spread decay across a whole town and it could catch Endeavor easily

It's probably a solid GG for Shigaraki

Shigaraki's looks like a mob boss now, and now he has a force that matches the heroes, I do suspect a war coming very soon, Heroes vs Villains, where Shigaraki gains control of Japan, just like One For All did long ago, also their not the League of Villains anymore, but the Paronormal Liberation Front, don't really like the name change, but as Shigaraki said, that doesn't really matter

Also that's a huge ass crater Shigaraki made, he can decay that entire area, which is just insane, really wish we could've calced that

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Shigaraki's looks like a mob boss now, and now he has a force that matches the heroes, I do suspect a war coming very soon, Heroes vs Villains, where Shigaraki gains control of Japan, just like One For All did long ago, also their not the League of Villains anymore, but the Paronormal Liberation Front, don't really like the name change, but as Shigaraki said, that doesn't really matter
Also that's a huge ass crater Shigaraki made, he can decay that entire area, which is just insane, really wish we could've calced that
Honestly, who can really defeat Shigaraki 1v1 now? Any UA student would get bodied, and I think Shigaraki as he is now could give Endeavor a run for his money.

Btw I just remembered that Todoroki should have some level of durability negation. He was able to freeze and shatter part of Noumu all the way back

The crater has a maximum diameter of 579.68 meters, so there are no upgrades to Shigaraki's range.

And the energy needed to make that crater is around 636 kilotons, Large Town level.

Isn't the combination of Gigantomachia, Twice, and Trumpet like totally insane?

Several giganto clones with boosted stats. What are the heroes even supposed to do

@Therefir

Can't we say on Shigaraki's Page, Large Town level via Decay/Hax, it wouldn't scale to his durability or striking class, but it would be like Blazblue and other characters, who have the destruction level of their attack via hax

Actually if they have that it should be changed^ a huge crt was made for GER a couple of months ago about his rating with hax

It should be Range or AOE

True, Attack Potency is different from Striking Strength. iirc that's one of the main reasons why they're separate things, because characters can destroy things that they're physically not able to

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Shigaraki could probably destroy the fire...
And he just has to touch the ground now and spread decay across a whole town and it could catch Endeavor easily

It's probably a solid GG for Shigaraki
Endeavor still has Psuedo Flight and jet propulsion. And saying he can decay fire which is a chemical reaction. Though even if he can he would have to touch the flames first which would pierce or cook him depending on the technique. Endeavor is dangerous. The only thing that kept high end in the fight was his High Speed Regen. If not then Endeavor would've killed him with the first attack landed. The villains side is stacked with numbers, but imo the heroes have more quality players rather than quantity. Though the villains have a few quality people like Giga, Tomura, Re Destro, Dabi, and the high ends. And now this week, knowing all this info, Hawks said that the villains are now equal with or potentially greater than the heroes. Not definitively. Keep in mind we don't know much about what the heroes have to offer. Vague amounts about the top 5, very little about the rest. And we can safely assume that even not top 10 heroes will still be strong considering what some of the students are capable of

Back