• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #7

It's the latest chapter, Izuku becomes evil and bashes Bakugou's head right in while the quirk singularity makes his debut appearance by blowing up a galaxy

Andytrenom said:
It's the latest chapter, Izuku becomes evil and bashes Bakugou's head right in while the quirk singularity makes his debut appearance by blowing up a galaxy
Wait really?

I'd rather wait for next chapter to declare it to be definitely over.

Thank God we have a long shot of the Town to calc shig destroying this town

Because its going to happen

The only thing I've started to dislike about the art is that it's too freaking hard to see what's going on. Like I can barely see what's to calc in that image and how damage was done to the surroundings.

I feel Horikoshi progressively got better in that regard as the manga continued, however I don't think that really shows here

The shockwave seems to have reached distant buildings, so I'm going to calculate the distance between them and Re-Destro, and use the result as the radius of the explosion.

Scan 1

Storey height (industrial area) = 3.5 m

Panel height = 501.85 m

Distance = 3.5*501.85/[3.5*2tan(70/2)] = 358.36 m

Scan 2

Re-Destro = 5.54 m

Panel height = 26.73 m

Distance = 5.54*26.73/[5.54*2tan(70/2)] = 19.09 m

Explosion radius = 358.36 - 19.09 = 339.27 m

W = R^3*((27136*P+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2/1000

W is yield in kilotons of tnt, R is radius in meters, and P is pressure of the shockwave in bars, the standard overpressure is 20 psi or 1.37895 bars.

W = 339.27^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2/1000 = 3.14 Kilotons of TNT (Small Town level)

Now I'm not sure what exactly caused this shockwave, it could be Shigaraki's Quirk or Re-Destro, or even a combination between these two, so until that's decided I can't create a blog.

Wow Shigaraki's a badass now, he's possibly gonna solo take out Gigantomachia and Redestro

He might Thanos the entire town selectively so that his comrades survive

So maybe they both scale to 1/2 of the feat, Shigaraki will need an Post Awakening Key tho, since he's far stronger now

The villains should be way stronger now, the league of villains have been so small and weak for a while now, so they need to get huge powerups to tip the balance in their favor and give us formidable opponents for the heroes

InfiniteSped said:
With how ridiculous the villains are getting, the heroes do seem a bit underpowered to be able to handle them.
I still don't see any of the villians besides Giga being able to do anything to Endeavor still tbh. Hawks, Jeanist, Edgeshot, Miruko etc are all serious threats to the League at least. But the heroes overall still seem stronger. Though if we include the multiple High End Nomu however......

No lie Giga would rock endeavor Ôÿá´©ÅÔÿá´©ÅÔÿá´©Å I don't wanna see him lose so much pride against Goga ƒñúƒñúƒñú

The top heroes like Hawks, Jeanist, Mirko, Edgeshot, and of course Endeavor would scale from Dabi and Geten's new feats right?

Also Miruko/Mirko needs a page.

Honestly, I don't think Re-Destro contributed to the power of this shockwave, in this panel Shigaraki says he destroyed Re-Destro's stress balls before he could even use them.

And how could Shigaraki survive that when a few chapters ago a Re-Destro who wasn't even at 100% easily destroyed his hand? I know Shigaraki's Quirk is much stronger now, but his durability should be the same.

My calculation would be invalid as the destruction was caused by Decay.

I think it comes from Shigaraki and Redestro clashing there powers, it seems more like a shockwave than simply decay destroying things

So you're saying that a 100% Re-Destro wasn't able to scratch Shigaraki with a Small Town level attack, but that a very casual Re-Destro could destroy his hand and badly injure him with a mere finger push? Something doesn't add up here.

Back