• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #7

Shaping up to be a real dark one too (Most of the league of villain appearance gets this tone shift actually). Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Considering how the diverse character designs are one of the defining parts of the manga, one of those is more likely than the other.

Only Gigantomachia's feat comes close to that, but we don't know how long it took him to destroy that mountain (although assuming it took him about an hour, the feat would be well above his current rating).

Therefir said:
Only Gigantomachia's feat comes close to that, but we don't know how long it took him to destroy that mountain (although assuming it took him about an hour, the feat would be well above his current rating).
I'm not sure of the vaporization end of that given that we usually need better evidence for vaping and it was shown from great distances, if that's what you're talking about.

Assuming the lower (pulverization) end and an hour timeframe it would be around 2.264 kilotons/s, which is far, far below the cube feat.

Dargoo Faust said:
Assuming the lower (pulverization) end and an hour timeframe it would be around 2.264 kilotons/s, which is far, far below the cube feat.
I was talking about Gigantomachia, not the cube feat.

Therefir said:
Dargoo Faust said:
I was talking about Gigantomachia, not the cube feat.
Uh, yeah, I was also talking about GIgantomachia as opposed to the cube feat. I was saying there wasn't sufficient evidence for vaporization and that the pulverization end should be used, which if divided between an hour is 2.264 kilotons/s.

My point is that it's nowhere near the cube feat, which is used to define the Remnants All Might and Weanked AFO pages if I'm not mistaken.

If that is the case then there is no feats near the Two Heroes feat until we get a recalc of the airblast feat from AFO.

I might go as far as to call it an outlier, as Weakened AFO and Remnants All-Might seem to be more consistently at urban levels of destruction as opposed to nuclear.

An outlier isn't "they have more of these kind of feats and only one of this kind"

the feat either needs to be actually contradicted or they should have a very long history of only performing feats of a certain level. But I don't remember any direct contradiction and they only have a handful of feats overall to say that the non tier 7 feats are irreconcibly more consistent.

Andytrenom said:
the feat either needs to be actually contradicted or they should have a very long history of only performing feats of a certain level. But I don't remember any direct contradiction and they only have a handful of feats overall to say that the non tier 7 feats are irreconcibly more consistent.
My point is that in a fight where (non-prime) All Might and One for All are going all out and showing the full extent of their powers, nothing close to Low 7-B is demonstrated and the only feat that came close needs to be recalculated.

Compared to a single Low 7-B feat from the movie, which also has Deku performing the feat alongside All-Might.

If you want active contradiction I'd look at every single feat in the AM vs OFA fight.

I still don't see how that relates to Gigantomachia, he has nothing to do with the fight between AFO and All Might. Him having a Mountain/Small City level feat shouldn't affect AFO and All Might.

Though why does AFO's feat needs to be recalc, is something wrong with it?

I remember you arguing in the Gow thread that if a bunch of feats happen very close together it shouldnt be taken to represent overall consistency.

Following the same logic the AFO fight would just be one instance of an anti feat, and I do not think that's enough for calling an outlier.

TheRustyOne said:
I still don't see how that relates to Gigantomachia, he has nothing to do with the fight between AFO and All Might. Him having a Mountain/Small City level feat shouldn't affect AFO and All Might.

Though I don't understand why AFO's feat needs to be recalc, is something wrong with it?
An underling of AFO having a feat that gives support to a feat from AFO would certainly affect AFO and All Might. The feat was decided to be unquantifiable anyways, so there's no real use in discussing it.

Dargoo Faust said:
Read through this, it sums up the issues with that calc.

Andytrenom said:
I remember you arguing in the Gow thread that if a bunch of feats happen very close together it shouldnt be taken to represent overall consistency.
Following the same logic the AFO fight would just be one instance of an anti feat, and I do not think that's enough for calling an outlier.
Except that is a significant and extended fight where the character's full strength is showcased, not a random scene from an exposition dump that has two feats. Equating the two is a bit disgenuous.

I might be trying to do a recalc of the cube feat anyways with some higher-rez pictures, if that helps.

Why is that dirt, it doesn't even look like dirt to begin with, and the ground is shown to break apart like rock multiple times.

Is there any reason to assume that's dirt, especially since this fight takes place in the city?

TheRustyOne said:
Why is that dirt, it doesn't even look like dirt to begin with, and the ground is shown to break apart like rock multiple times.
Is there any reason to assume that's dirt, especially since this fight takes place in the city?
What do you mean "break apart like rock"? It doesn't look anything like rock, looking at the particulates and texture. If you're talking about times it cracks or breaks compact dirt does that too.

Cities are on top of compact dirt, then rock. If you dig past a street you'll get a large layer of dirt before you hit solid rock. You don't just immediatly hit a solid layer of rock when you dig down in a city; otherwise stuff like building contruction would be a pipe dream.

If there is an official colored version of the scan that would solve this dillema rather fast though. If that doesn't exist the anime makes it look really clear that it's dirt.

Most of that is either the bedrock AFO unearthed after he blew away the top soil, or are chunks of concrete from the building.

By no stretch of the imagination did he pulverize solid rock for the entire area of that calc.

If you want to be accurate, find the average depth of bedrock, and if the impression he makes on the ground is deep enough start using that. But don't conveniently forget the existence of soil.

How is that the chunks from the building? All Might is slamming his head into that same ground from the AFO feat, and it breaks like rock.

It doesn't look like dirt in the slightest to me. Though honestly I don't really care either way so I'll drop it.

How would you go about calcing the destroyed buildings, they're never shown us so we can't find they're size.

Edit: I'm actually really tired right now, so maybe I'm not thinking straight. Sorry if this is something that's really obvious.

You could reflect the area of the ground that is pulverized then use a very generous hollowness like 90-95%; to account for spaces in and around the buildings.

I'm tired as well; I can try redoing the calc with dirt for the average depth of bedrock, then rock for anything past that + the buildings above.

Dargoo Faust said:
Uh, yeah, I was also talking about GIgantomachia as opposed to the cube feat. I was saying there wasn't sufficient evidence for vaporization and that the pulverization end should be used, which if divided between an hour is 2.264 kilotons/s.
And when did I say vaporization should be used? On the contrary, if you go to Gigantomachia's profile, you can see that several days ago I put that he pulverized the mountain.

Gigantomachia is 8-A, so 2.264 kilotons is certainly well above his current rating, I have no idea where you got this vaporization thing.

Therefir said:
And when did I say vaporization should be used? On the contrary, if you go to Gigantomachia's profile, you can see that several days ago I put that he pulverized the mountain.

Gigantomachia is 8-A, so 2.264 kilotons is certainly well above his current rating, I have no idea where you got this vaporization thing.
Vaporization is on the calc. I was reffering to that.

I need to inform everyone that due to this revision All Might's storm feat needs to be updated, I have done a draft here which was already accepted by Ugarik, if anyone has a problem with the update, feel free to discuss it, I will create a blog and update the profiles later if no one has problems with the calc.

Therefir said:
I need to inform everyone that due to this revision All Might's storm feat needs to be updated, I have done a draft here which was already accepted by Ugarik, if anyone has a problem with the update, feel free to discuss it, I will create a blog and update the profiles later if no one has problems with the calc.
I feel like this feat will never stablilize.

That feat keeps getting changed, anyway now we can have all might battle some Mountain level+ characters if this gets aspected

As long as we keep changing our standards, the feat will never stabilize.

Spinoirr said:
That feat keeps getting changed, anyway now we can have all might battle some Mountain level+ characters if this gets aspected
So........

All Might vs MCU?

I'm down.

Back