• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #7

The "All it takes is one bad day" part is simply amazing
MHA Volume 24
This is a damn awesome volume cover, the villains be getting their respect

There have been arcs I definitely didn't like as much as others, but I don't think I've hated any one so far. Tbf that's probably a very generic attitude towards manga

Andytrenom said:
There have been arcs I definitely didn't like as much as others, but I don't think I've hated any one so far. Tbf that's probably a very generic attitude towards manga
It is cuz I feel the same

But tbh, I haven't been "hyped" for MHA in years. But I definitely don't hate it.

MHA was really only hype when I started binge-reading after season one, all the way up to the Kamino arc. Ever since I had to start reading it weekly the hype died down. Still aint bad though.

Shigaraki is All for One's last name huh, that means he basically adopted Tomura, which we knew, but this is one more step to learing the identity of All For One

I love this chapter, once again, showing how everyone believes heroes will save people so they ignore a little child clearly in need of help, no wonder he values All for One so much, I believe All for One truly sees Tomura as a successor, he sees a symbol of evil who can become the true embodiment of destruction, I hope he actually does care about Tomura and believes in him, Tomura now says he no longer needs the hands to make him feel calm, and that's great development, I hope he gets a cool new design, never really liked the hands on his body that much, and now he'll probably have a cool slick new outfit, I also think he's gonna get even more of a power boost, because he had his growth moment and his quirk can fully develop to the next stage

GigantoMachia is coming and I think Shigaraki's gonna pull off a win against him and Redestro somehow, great chapter, can't wait for more

That "It's my last name" might have been the most stand out moment of the chapter for me, really did not expect that.

I don't know if I actually liked this chapter on its own all that much, but it sure builds anticipation for what's next

I feel like Tomura's finally gonna start kicking ass, Gigantomachia gonna run up to attack him and he just disintegrates his arm, and then all of his limbs, which will be healed or replaced later

^Not necessarily true, All for One likely has Mind and Memory Manipulation, so he could have altered peoples memories, or Izuku kept his mothers last name and she never changed it, point is, nothing is ever confirmed or debunked until it is, remember Rose Quartz and Pink Diamond, everyone thought for sure that it was debunked, but that's not the case entirely

Plus if Izuku is AFO's real child, that would basically make him and shigaraki adopted broters, and we know how much anime and manga loves the brother vs brother story

Actually that would make it cliche tbh^ I only like it when they have time to grow as brothers not immediately said to be brothers and jsut expect for us to have any feelings.

Also him being AFOs child is cliche to as well if we wanna be honest. That writing is boring and obvious

I never understood that theory anyway. That always felt like fanfiction more than anything

Well All for Ones doctor is the same one that told Izuku he had no quirk, there is a connection between Izuku and All for One, whatever it may be, besides the Family must fight trope can be good if written well and I trust Horikoshi

None of those connections really imply a biological relationship

Is there like any actual evidence to support this theory? Or is it just people wanting a "Deku..I am your father!"?

Heroes and Villains being family is a trope in MHA

Dabi probably is Endeavors son and Tomura is Nana's grandson

I think it's an interesting theory and would be cool if Deku was AFO's son, if written well it can be amazing

That's not evidence in the slightest. Theories based off "it being a trope" are honestly some of the worst imo

I'm not trying to prove it, just explaining it's a possibility, it's very possible that they're not related at all, regardless I trust Horikoshi's writing to make a good story no matter the circumstances

Not saying you were, I'm more disagreeing with it being an interesting theory since to me a good theory should at least have a decent enough basis in plot details and actually be hinted at

Well I just read the newest chapter today.

So Shigaraki is actually AFO's last name so that's interesting. Just one name short to get his full name later on lol.

I wonder if by holding back, as AFO and the doctor talked about Tenko, meant that decaying stuff on a smaller scale is what that's referring to and him being able to decay people and those he's not touching is him going all out with his powers?

@Andytrenom

I totally agree with you, I've always believed Tooru was the traitor, she's just too innocent and adorable, I think that would be a great twist and we get revealed her real face

Back