• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MonsterVerse Upgrades (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again though, the Showa era was full of out-of-nowhere stuff for Godzilla, like suddenly being able to fly or turning himself into a magnet, King Kong VS Godzilla was just where all of that silliness started pretty much, and it makes more sense when you read up on the original idea of Frankenstein VS King Kong and how that ended up becoming King Kong VS Godzilla, with Kong getting the powers of Frankenstein's monster. It works as an interesting and potent power to give King Kong since he didn't have any originally, given that his movies aren't about mindless action as Godzilla's became after Godzilla Raids Again.

Suspension of disbelief started from the moment you read the title: King Kong VS Godzilla. Like, any versus movies, if seen critically, are going to end up looking silly, in this modern age where we look at the ancient Romans who loved pitting gladiators against lions and bears as childish barbarians. Nevermind the overall comedic tone of the movie... I don't really believe you were only at disbelief when Kong was resurrected with lightning and then got lightning powers, because I'd say everything before that was far goofier lol
I'm aware of the Showa era's silliness, I watched all of those movies.
And It's not a bad thing either, it's actually quite funny, I just it's weird tis all

That can be done at any time, I'm currently unable to personally as my PC had decided to die on me and won't be repaired for a couple of days.

Small Building Level, actually.
Also skimming through the KoTM novel, it seems to support the notion that Ghidorah's storm happen by just him existing as according to a tribe which worships the Titans in Highland New Guinea, storms follow Ghidorah wherever he goes. Of course that may not be exactly the most credible source but it's still there.

Also on topic of Godzilla's intelligence, Godzilla in Godzilla vs Kong knew that Kong's axe when amped by his energy makes the axe even stronger so when MechaGodzilla was distracted and Kong had his axe up he immediately shot at it to give it a boost for Kong. That's definitely a decent intelligence feat

While I’m here I would like to mention the absolute hilarity of the fact that MechaGodzilla can physically obliterate most of the monsters in the monsterverse but gets shat on by the MUTO’s if they get hit with an EMP.

To be fair just because you're super strong, that doesn't mean there aren't others who can overcome the gap in strength with special abilities.

It's more interesting that way.

Also, Spino approved of Class G Titans, so we can start upgrading them, I think.

Most likely.

Btw, in Birth of Kong it's said that the ancient battle between Skullcrawlers and Kong's species happened millions of years ago, Kong was born around that time potentially making him that old as well. Granted, the natives, the Iwi, had built boats to get to Skull Island where they were greeted by Kong's parents so maybe Kong isn't that old, or maybe the Iwi were simply more advanced than other hominids. However, if Kong's parents were around millions of years ago and could've been around in modern times to watch their child grow, that means Kong's longevity is just as insane as some of the other Titans.

A civilization that came before any others known to man wouldn't be the most outlandish thing in the MonsterVerse.

And it could be tied with the civilisations in the Hollow World that worshipped Titanus Gojira and Titanus Kong (Perhaps Kong's species were made great beasts of war for this race which is why Kongs protect humans)

Does anyone want to have a shot at the Serizawa nuke? I linked the method for calculating underwater explosions above.

I could but I'd like to rewatch that part of the movie to see if there are clues for scaling

I talked with Kieran about "possibly High 6-A" for the verse (even thought they didn't answer yet) as Ghidorah still makes the storms which are moved with physical movement, other than weather manip, but that's for another CRT I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back