• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MonsterVerse Upgrades (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that storm was just enviromental destruction?
Even environmental destruction requires energy, though. That energy came from Ghidorah himself since his mere presence summoned up that storm to begin with.

There's also the fact that it vanished the moment Burning Godzilla triumphed over Ghidorah at the end of the movie.

I'm currently unable to properly evaluate calculations as I haven't got access to my PC currently, but from what I can gather about, Ghidorahs new storm calc, it will be part of his environmental destruction.
Edit: upon closer inspection, Ghidorahs new calculation is ke for the storm, which we've already deemed to not be the case in this thread, so should not be used.

1000Tonsoffuns calc seems fair enough from what I can see, but I will have to take a look when I get my PC back soon if someone else hasn't already.

I'm currently unable to properly evaluate calculations as I haven't got access to my PC currently, but from what I can gather about, Ghidorahs new storm calc, it will be part of his environmental destruction.
As said again, is the recalc of the High 6-C feat. So in short, you either accept High 6-A or downgrade them all to 7-A because of even the High 6-C feat being environmental destruction with your logic.

Yes, the meteor was 6-C.

1000TonsofFuns calc would be high 6-C if accepted from what I can see.

BTW, since I've mentioned the novelizations of the MonsterVerse films multiple times how do we view them on here? Like if we can use as supplementary evidence for the movies or leave them as their own thing altogether?

There's already been an entire thread about this topic which agreed Ghidorahs storm should not scale to physicals for a variety of reasons. It's been linked on this thread somewhere if you wish to view it.

There's already been an entire thread about this topic which agreed Ghidorahs storm should not scale to physicals for a variety of reasons. It's been linked on this thread somewhere if you wish to view it.
It was stated that is done from flapping its wings.

Muscle tendons on the wings are so hyper-tensile that their massive aerodynamics could generate hurricane-force winds when in flight. Coupled with its body’s electro-receptor molecular biology capable of conducting electrical currents, water vapor in the air would be heated at extreme levels creating its own localized storm system as it travels. Simply put, if Monster Zero were to fly again, the stratosphere would be torn open by an otherworldly tempest of thunder and lightning our sky has never seen. Cryptolinguistics has analyzed translations of every worldwide case study of Monster Zero in the Monarch database across tens of thousands of years. The ancients called it Ghidorah.

So let's downgrade Lugia at this point since it's for the same reason then.

Last edited:
Aka air is moved when its wings move, and the other effects are just secondary due of its abilities. So air movement being a reslut of the physical strenght is legit.

Died 66 million years ago in the KT extinction event. It first appeared like 67-68 million years ago. Also the dinosaurs lived for almost 200 million years which is nothing to scoff at (longer if we count birds which we should)
oh, thats rlly a lot of time ago, what as the first animal and the first species that existed? (viruses or microorganism doesnt count)

It was stated that is done from flapping its wings.

Muscle tendons on the wings are so hyper-tensile that their massive aerodynamics could generate hurricane-force winds when in flight. Coupled with its body’s electro-receptor molecular biology capable of conducting electrical currents, water vapor in the air would be heated at extreme levels creating its own localized storm system as it travels. Simply put, if Monster Zero were to fly again, the stratosphere would be torn open by an otherworldly tempest of thunder and lightning our sky has never seen. Cryptolinguistics has analyzed translations of every worldwide case study of Monster Zero in the Monarch database across tens of thousands of years. The ancients called it Ghidorah.
If you wonder from where the statement is from, is on the official Monarch Site on the Artics.

Edit: Imgur pic to get an instant view

Last edited:
@Schnee_One I think the way they did make Kong win was a little stupid, I mean like absorbing thunder out of nowhere and in circumstances which realistically would not happen was so unbelievably ridiculous that I had to do a double take just to make sure I wasn't watching an edited version of the movie
I mean it wasn't really any more absurd than the radioactive lizard he was fighting.

It's a mindless monster movie, so, anything goes.

Srsly that ppl is saying that a axe that absorb thunder is more strange than a 100 meters lizard who can absorb radiation and has a energy breath who can destroy everything and even reach the center of the earth? ppl gotta forgot that they are watching fictional movies, and wdym with ''realistically would not happen''? bRuH moment, nothing in monsterverse is even close to be realistically, a single axe isnt the most strange thing

@Bernkastelll I was actually reffering to the OG King Kong vs Godzilla movie from the 60's where Kong could absorb lightning for unknown reasons and for lighting to magically appear at the finale of their fight was too much to suspend my sense of disbelief

Again though, the Showa era was full of out-of-nowhere stuff for Godzilla, like suddenly being able to fly or turning himself into a magnet, King Kong VS Godzilla was just where all of that silliness started pretty much, and it makes more sense when you read up on the original idea of Frankenstein VS King Kong and how that ended up becoming King Kong VS Godzilla, with Kong getting the powers of Frankenstein's monster. It works as an interesting and potent power to give King Kong since he didn't have any originally, given that his movies aren't about mindless action as Godzilla's became after Godzilla Raids Again.

Suspension of disbelief started from the moment you read the title: King Kong VS Godzilla. Like, any versus movies, if seen critically, are going to end up looking silly, in this modern age where we look at the ancient Romans who loved pitting gladiators against lions and bears as childish barbarians. Nevermind the overall comedic tone of the movie... I don't really believe you were only at disbelief when Kong was resurrected with lightning and then got lightning powers, because I'd say everything before that was far goofier lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back