• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monica Pinkston vs Mami Tomoe

Ye. Which gives her time to either protect herself via ribbons or forcefield.

So, this actually gets pretty intresting considering Monica's regen and Mami's attack reflection and barriers.

Honestly I'm leaning incon. Monica either just outlasts Mami or Mami manages to vaporise/disintegrate her by reflecting laser/fire based attacks or with some of Mami's own attacks.

Wokistan said:
Either way, Mami'd need to react basically immediately to several missiles spawning out of nowhere and detonating on top of her to get off reflection or forcefield, duplication is covered by AOE due to them being missiles and the showstoper being a thing.
She still has to spawn them first, pretty sure Mami can at the very least protect herself via barrier or forcefield. Dupes also can survive that. Like i said above, showstopper can be reflected or protected from, and Mami already has power null resistance.

I mean, if the Showstopper is reflected it just goes out of orbit, not back at Monica, unless Mami can control the attack reflection to specifically target Monica.

Monica's also survived energy from the Showstopper, although she didn't take the full blast (Hence "Possibly much higher" rather than straight "Large Town level"

I mean, with 7-A Attack potency compared to 7-C durability, not to mention her attakcs are already fire based, so vaporization / disintergration is in the ball park. Mami is not getting outlasted any time soon. (>>> Sayaka's already Superhuman stamina.)

Monica wasn't tired even after summoning hundreds of missiles and tearing apart parts of Vegas fighting the Voidslinger.

That said, if Monica uses the Showstopper and Mami isn't killed by it, Monica will be exhausted. That said, Monica doesn't start with it.

Also, Monica wasn't affected by Dura-Negging Fire Magic, so I doubt Mami could disintegrate her with flames unless Monica's already trapped in the ribbons.

@SD Again, Monica can just spawn a bunch of missiles in Mami's face instantly, she would have no time to react

Sayaka can fight for days while going on a rampage, abusing stamina consuming Regenerationn and falling into despair (which lowers her magical energy)

Mami's stamina is >>>>>>>>>>> that

Comparably Mami makes several dozens of firearms in a regular battle, and scales off of Sayaka's stamina "Has shown to blitz witches even without a limb or two, kept fighting for days without cleaning her Soul Gem, even while she was falling into despair and abusing her Regenerationn powers, accelerating the corruption further."

Hmm I see.

Well damn. That's pretty impressive. Yeah, she would outlast Monica.

So,

> Monica spawns missiles right in from of Mami before she can react.

> Mami puts up sheilds if she survives that and outlasts/ribbons Monica until the Showstopper is reflected and Monica likely just passes out from exhaustion.

How far is Mami's dura into Town level?

The character who I once really liked but is getting ridiculously overused by people with zero creativity for the reasons by Dargoo.

Somewhat above baseline, since Sayaka is basically baseline and her dura > Sayaka's

@Weekly she can spawn them 4km away? From what the profile shows, it looks more like her aoe with missiles is like that, not her spawning themselves. If not, that's enough time for her to react.

@Dargoo >>> 6.66 kilotons, considering I made the Cruise Missile profile, I know that's definitely not enough.

Having dura above a person who tanked an attack that one shotted a 6.6 Kiloton character is hardly baseline

Mami's dura is somewhere between scaling from Elly who maintains a pocket dimension worth 6,6 kilotons by existing and stomping the latter.

0.5 rating = Elly

1 rating = Mami's dura

1.5 = stomping Elly

Oh, nvm then

She'd still get killed by a bunch of 50 kt cruise missiles exploding in her face at point blank range

If she's say, around 7 kilotons, why wouldn't a swarm of 50 kiloton missiles be enough? Disregarding whether or not she's got the range for that, since I don't know, I don't see how she'd live through that.

And that's ignoring the fact that a gap of 0.5 is almost a quarter of tier jump, not a linear 2x.

Gargoyle One said:
Do you even know what i was responding to? I was responding to the question of if she could spawn tham at the distane reqiored to hit mami and the answer is yes

"Dozens of meters with most firearm transformations, hundreds of meters with energy weapons, several kilometers with missiles, thousands of kilometers with The Showstopper"

it looks like the explosions themselves are several kilometers, not the range at which she can spawn them.

Saying several KM with missiles doesn't suggest that that's blast radius only to me. That seems like something that would be worded differently to indicate that.

"it looks like the explosions themselves are several kilometers, not the range at which she can spawn them."

^ I mean, its hard pressed to believe she can only spawn firearms dozens of meters away, but entire missiles kilometers away from herself.

Bit of a weird assumption to make when IRL cruise missiles don't seem to have that sort of blast radius, and if that was how it was the profile could have just been worded as "Several Kilometers with missile explosions" or something.

@Wok I'm using the context of the entire range, unless again, you want to tell me she can't spawn most of her smaller weapons as far away as the missiles.

SomebodyData said:
"Dozens of meters with most firearm transformations, hundreds of meters with energy weapons, several kilometers with missiles, thousands of kilometers with The Showstopper"
it looks like the explosions themselves are several kilometers, not the range at which she can spawn them.
Her maximum spawning range would be several thousand kilometers going by the Showstopper.

The range is for the weapons themselves, i.e. how far they can shoot/travel. She can produce any firearm (several dozen meters), can vaporise sites from hundreds of meters away, and missiles fired from battery packs can go for several kilometers at the very least.

Wasn't there some dude who killed someone two miles away with a sniper rifle? A bit off topic, but guns can definitely do more than just several dozen meters.

@Dargoo you do notice you contradict yourself right?

"Her maximum spawning range would be several thousand kilometers going by the Showstopper." and "The range is for the weapons themselves, i.e. how far they can shoot/travel." while there is literally no clarification between weapon range and spawning range.

Maybe someone could shed light on the situation? Or maybe a quote?

You were saying yes to this, to which he replied "No" to the Dura

I do know what you were talking to SD about, do you?

Thats not what i was repsonding to

I didn't type that, and gun range is often lowballed in fiction anyways. It seems more reasonable that it's the range of the weapons themselves rather than referring to blast radius or spawning, as missiles should be able to fly that far, but if she can spawn the showstopper in space it'd be pretty strange for her to be unable to spawn at comparable ranges with other stuff.

SomebodyData said:
@Wok you do notice you contradict yourself right?

"Her maximum spawning range would be several thousand kilometers going by the Showstopper." and "The range is for the weapons themselves, i.e. how far they can shoot/travel." while there is literally no clarification between weapon range and spawning range.

Maybe Dargoo could shed light on the situation? Or maybe a quote?
Dargoo alrwsdy explaine dit. Her max spawning range is thousands of km

Back