• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament V2: SCP 372 (SCP Foundation ) vs Contesssa (Parahumans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[streching]

Ok, first of all, her resistence to pregognition should be uselles here, sinse the SCP isn't using a magic or supernatural power to predict her, but is directly reading her brain electrical inpulses to predic her movements

This should also counter her own pregognition, sinse the SCP will always know her next move
Here's the thing about Contessa's power. It always makes sure that her body does the right move. She has a feat of being mind controlled and her body still ended up doing the thing that led to victory

It's highly likely she'll end up thinking of every route possible, only for her body to do the exact opposite

Look at her resistances

Here's the thing about Contessa's power. It always makes sure that her body does the right move. She has a feat of being mind controlled and her body still ended up doing the thing that led to victory

It's highly likely she'll end up thinking of every route possible, only for her body to do the exact opposite

Look at her resistances
I know, but I don't think you are understanding, If the body try to do a thing, the SCP will read her brain impulses and know what the body is doing, It don't read the mind, It read the impulses the brain send to the body, It would just change It's movement whem It hapen

in other words, the SCP precognition works knowing the body movement the oponent will do before they do It, and he uses It to not even be seen by It's oponents, so It can counter that precognition by bassicaly changing how It will react to avoid be seen

the 4 km starting distance will work great to It sinse she will probable not even be able to notice It before the SCP hides from her

I know, but I don't think you are understanding, If the body try to do a thing, the SCP will read her brain impulses and know what the body is doing, It don't read the mind, It read the impulses the brain send to the body, It would just change It's movement whem It hapen
You know that mind control controls the brain, right? What difference is this things power than a mind manip that causes anyone to not hit them?

The article said that the body has to be intact. Contessa's autopilot isn't from her brain, it's from her power. So she essentially has 2 conflicting sources moving her body

You know that mind control controls the brain, right? What difference is this things power than a mind manip that causes anyone to not hit them?
Let me try to explain...

Mind cotrol is like taking the TV remote from your younger brother hand to see the channel you want

her power basically is the brother staing in front of the TV making the control uselles and changing chanel directly in the TV buttons

the SCP is reading the TV energy to predict whith channel the brother will cahnge to

Body puppeter that does the oposite, controling the brain signals but letting the yhe victim still have the mind

Mind control = I control your mind, your mind control your body

Body Puppeter = I directly control your movements but not your mind

This power = Control the her body, in other words, It still send brain signals

Let me try to explain...

Mind cotrol is like taking the TV remote from your younger brother hand to see the channel you want

her power basically is the brother staing in front of the TV making the control uselles and changing chanel directly in the TV buttons

the SCP is reading the TV energy to predict whith channel the brother will cahnge to

Body puppeter that does the oposite, controling the brain signals but letting the yhe victim still have the mind

Mind control = I control your mind, your mind control your body

Body Puppeter = I directly control your movements but not your mind

This power = Control the her body, in other words, It still send brain signals
Keep in mind of another thing, that autopilot can activate or deactivate at any moment. One of these are reflexes that allow her to always win and the other is a person that can outdo someone who can calculate billions of universes

Imagine the person who normally reads the signal of the TV expecting it to be a specific channel from one of the sources, only for both sources to start sending in different signals. One of them will overlap but it won't know which will pop up

Like that, she can simply switch control at any moment and remember. Speed equalized. The SCP is no longer faster than eye. In other words even if it reads her mind, it won't be able to react as insanely as it usually can and that switch happens in her mind

Keep in mind of another thing, that autopilot can activate or deactivate at any moment. One of these are reflexes that allow her to always win and the other is a person that can outdo someone who can calculate billions of universes

Imagine the person who normally reads the signal of the TV expecting it to be a specific channel from one of the sources, only for both sources to start sending in different signals. One of them will overlap but it won't know which will pop up

Like that, she can simply switch control at any moment and remember. Speed equalized. The SCP is no longer faster than eye. In other words even if it reads her mind, it won't be able to react as insanely as it usually can and that switch happens in her mind
First thing, the SCP can read multiple sources at time, It changing like this will not be a problem, It followed a man long enough to make him go insane, this means It followed the guy trough crowds, It wasn't seen by any one, speed equalized and the "impulse changing" will not be a harness to It in any way...hell It can pass trough eye blind spots and even react to someone blinking

It can pass trough eye blind spots and even react to someone blinking
Speed equalized. Its reactions are equalized. So it can't do shit like that anymore less it runs into walls because he reacts slower than his movement speed
First thing, the SCP can read multiple sources at time, It changing like this will not be a problem, It followed a man long enough to make him go insane, this means It followed the guy trough crowds
Wait, so you're saying it can read the impulses of a whole crowd? Because if it only focuses on one, everyone else might see it

Speed equalized. Its reactions are equalized. So it can't do shit like that anymore less it runs into walls because he reacts slower than his movement speed

Wait, so you're saying it can read the impulses of a whole crowd? Because if it only focuses on one, everyone else might see it
No, he read the impulses of the whole crowd, no one saw It

And It should be able to still react like this, I'm more talking how good is his brain inpulse prediction them saing he is fast, and her reaction speed also would be reduced you know? The SCP rellyes more into It's Prediction them his speed(I would mention It could react against 682 but It was removed from the "682 termination attempts") What I mean is, It will get out of her fild of vision even in a speed equalized seeting

And It should be able to still react like this, I'm more talking how good is his brain inpulse prediction them saing he is fast, and her reaction speed also would be reduced you know? The SCP rellyes more into It's Prediction them his speed(I would mention It could react against 682 but It was removed from the "682 termination attempts") What I mean is, It will get out of her fild of vision even in a speed equalized seeting
You do realize that moving from someone's line of sight that fast counts as a blitz, right? Even cars can't move fast enough to always be outside our line of sight because moving your neck and eyeballs is that fast. The only thing that can do that is a bullet and that blitzes humans
And It should be able to still react like this, I'm more talking how good is his brain inpulse prediction them saing he is fast, and her reaction speed also would be reduced you know
Yeah except she doesn't blitz everyone she sees. Her speed isn't something she relies on

What part of the "It rellys into his prediction to do that things" you didn't understood? She will lose sigh of It fast thanks to It knowing her every move before she does It

What part of the "It rellys into his prediction to do that things" you didn't understood? She will lose sigh of It fast thanks to It knowing her every move before she does It
It still has to move faster than her eyes! And it can't do that because speed is equalized!

Not to mention they are 4 km a part and in a place with a bunche of visual obstructions, the SCP will not have a hard time

And no, It just need to troll her eyes, he knows were she will look, now It isn't there, she trough she was following him but BAM! now the Scp is in the pollar oposite of her fild of view

Not to mention they are 4 km a part and in a place with a bunche of visual obstructions, the SCP will not have a hard time
Why are they even like that? I thought characters have to always end up in the range of the shorter character. Both of them are melee, they should at least be several meters from each other
And no, It just need to troll her eyes, he knows were she will look, now It isn't there, she trough she was following him but BAM! now the Scp is in the pollar oposite of her fild of view
IT STILL HAS TO MOVE FROM ITS CURRENT POSITION! IT CAN'T TELEPORT!

So like, i can't find anything that specifies human Contessa, and in fact the OP says "The Queen Titan"

So Titan Contessa causes cracks in reality that power null, that can home on people btw

Something like

"A creature apear into contessa field of view, 4km away, It rapidli moved It's body in a erratic maner, you try to follow It with her eyes, but the creature disapeared behind a tree, thinking It had hidden behind It but in fact If moved out of her field of view by her periferic vision during the "chase" like It knew how she would move her eyes, now the creature is behind her, read to strike"

So like, i can't find anything that specifies human Contessa, and in fact the OP says "The Queen Titan"

So Titan Contessa causes cracks in reality that power null, that can home on people btw
... o right... ****, give me a second

also powers in Worm aren't supernatural or magic, they're the result of Entities doing all sorts of shit with reality, even if breaks what humans think should be impossible

Why is the distance that? You do realize this can easily be abused by characters with huge range, right?
The turnament rules my guy, every one start at this distance
also powers in Worm aren't supernatural or magic, they're the result of Entities doing all sorts of shit with reality, even if breaks what humans think should be impossible
Isn't hax like this off the tournament? who can survive this reallyt crack?

Isn't hax like this off the tournament? who can survive this reallyt crack?
listen man i'm just passing through, and considering OP says "The Queen Titan", and SBA uses strongest version of the characters unless specified, and i don't think the nominator specified human Contessa, as of this moment it's Titan Contessa

That can obv change real quick, but just saying things as i currently see them

listen man i'm just passing through, and considering OP says "The Queen Titan", and SBA uses strongest version of the characters unless specified, and i don't think the nominator specified human Contessa, as of this moment it's Titan Contessa

That can obv change real quick, but just saying things as i currently see them
I know, I'm just questioning It
Yeah, I'm questioning @DemonicDude's decision
Oh, ok

Well, good to know, so still voting SCP for bassicaly outpredicting her
Can you even wait for the Parahumans supporters or at least me to come back? And @DemonicDude hasn't even cleared up the range issue

Even if the range stays the same, Contessa can at least predict when the thing is gonna come and hole herself up in a place where she'd have the most advantage. You know, like an open place with an easy to watch entrance? Yharnam has a lot of places like that

Since Path to Victory always tries to lead her body to the most desirable outcome, she'd know where to position herself, when it's safe, and where to place down things for detection since her power would account to her opponent even if she has no knowledge

Basically 4 kilometers is good prep and if she can't see it, she can at least make its life hell by removing all possibilities, something she's experienced with since she herself can only lose if that happens

Even if the range stays the same, Contessa can at least predict when the thing is gonna come and hole herself up in a place where she'd have the most advantage. You know, like an open place with an easy to watch entrance? Yharnam has a lot of places like that
At this point the SCP would be behind her, the SCP precognition is basically passive and always active, no matter how much she try to predic, the SCP will just be like "hum, she Will do that? Man, them I better to This"

The creature will basically make uselless to her use her prediction sinse the SCP will just change It's strategy acordling

But them let's go to meele, If we ignore the fact both can predict things and they trow hands the SCP will most times bassically kill her thanks to extra menber, amazing acrobatica and flexibility

At this point the SCP would be behind her, the SCP precognition is basically passive and always active, no matter how much she try to predic, the SCP will just be like "hum, she Will do that? Man, them I better to This"
And at that point, Path to Victory will also adapt and if it keeps changing strategies based on her precog, she'll quickly realize as well "This thing is reading my mind somehow" and prep accordingly.
But them let's go to meele, If we ignore the fact both can predict things and they trow hands the SCP will most times bassically kill her thanks to extra menber, amazing acrobatica and flexibility
Contessa is experienced at dealing with enemies like that and she has feats of killing off things without injuring them at all

Contessa is experienced at dealing with enemies like that and she has feats of killing off things without injuring them at all
Well, she have done It without her precognition?
And at that point, Path to Victory will also adapt and if it keeps changing strategies based on her precog, she'll quickly realize as well "This thing is reading my mind somehow" and prep accordingly.
Prepare acordling to what? She will not be able to predict It sinse It's always outpredicting her to the point she can't even see the damn thing, she would probable habe her neck sliced up before she get in this point

Prepare acordling to what? She will not be able to predict It sinse It's always outpredicting her to the point she can't even see the damn thing, she would probable habe her neck sliced up before she get in this point
There's a way to beat something that always predicts and that's to give them the least amount of options. If she ends up fighting in a hallway or an open place with only 1 entrance, there isn't many places for the thing to hide in, even if it always knows her next move
Well, she have done It without her precognition?
Yup, she's knowledgeable on pressure points and weight distribution even without seeing the future

There's a way to beat something that always predicts and that's to give them the least amount of options. If she ends up fighting in a hallway or an open place with only 1 entrance, there isn't many places for the thing to hide in, even if it always knows her next move
The thing will have killed her at that point, or even now be behind her or soemthing, remenber, It could stay unseen following a guy for a long time, a normal guy that get's out of home, go to work and pass by a bunch of people each day, even in crowds, HELL it could hide from 3 D class on It containiment chamber without problem and hide from 4 killing one of them without being seen
Yup, she's knowledgeable on pressure points and weight distribution even without seeing the
Oh, this is very usefull against a green anomaulus monster insect that know your every move... And has 3 pars of arma a tail and aparently claws (It cutted a D class neck) no, she will have her neck cutted before understanding what is happening

The thing will have killed her at that point, or even now be behind her or soemthing
They're 4 kilometers apart with peak human speed! You said that yourself!
HELL it could hide from 3 D class on It containiment chamber without problem and hide from 4 killing one of them without being seen
And that is a speed feat, not a stealth feat. It was moving fast enough that even in an empty containment chamber, they only see glimpses of it in their peripheral because it's faster than their eyes, it is not an example of stealth
It could stay unseen following a guy for a long time, a normal guy that get's out of home, go to work and pass by a bunch of people each day, even in crowds
I'm starting to think that's either an outlier or a speed feat. How do we know that it isn't just using its speed to keep itself as a blur in the perspective of everyone instead of just being a stealth god? Because I'm pretty sure there aren't any blindspots for crowds in open spaces
Oh, this is very usefull against a green anomaulus monster insect that know your every move... And has 3 pars of arma a tail and aparently claws (It cutted a D class neck) no, she will have her neck cutted before understanding what is happening
It has limbs! It's basically a mutant! She's dealt with mutants!

They're 4 kilometers apart with peak human speed! You said that yourself!
Peak human climbing walls, acrobactic and predicting where she is doing, It don't need speed for It
And that is a speed feat, not a stealth feat. It was moving fast enough that even in an empty containment chamber, they only see glimpses of it in their peripheral because it's faster than their eyes, it is not an example of stealth
Accrually It was jumping trough spots where they weren't looking, more a stelth feat
I'm starting to think that's either an outlier or a speed feat. How do we know that it isn't just using its speed to keep itself as a blur in the perspective of everyone instead of just being a stealth god? Because I'm pretty sure there aren't any blindspots for crowds in open spaces
Of course there are, behind other people, under their feets, etc is kinda a mix of speed and stelth, but more a stelth one sinse they would still see a green thing moving
It has limbs! It's basically a mutant! She's dealt with mutants!
It isn't even human, this thing can easy outskill her in combat damn!! Tell me, how reliable she is normaly of her power?

Of course there are, behind other people, under their feets, etc is kinda a mix of speed and stelth, but more a stelth one sinse they would still see a green thing moving
You do realize that someone would have seen the big green thing hiding behind one of their co-workers while looking at someone else, right? You said it was invisible to the whole crowd. The crowd would notice if this big mutant was using the crowd itself to hide! It's not human! It can't do that!
Peak human climbing walls, acrobactic and predicting where she is doing, It don't need speed for It
It's a linear distance and its speed might change randomly in accordance to Contessa's precog, making it slow down or speed up and thus, making it less efficient since it's trying to outdo an adapting precog
Accrually It was jumping trough spots where they weren't looking, more a stelth feat
It's an empty room observed by 4 people. The only way I can think of is that it jumped to sight lines of people who were blinking

Jumping to a blinking person's sight line is a speed feat since it still needs to be faster than the person can open their eyes
It isn't even human, this thing can easy outskill her in combat damn!! Tell me, how reliable she is normaly of her power?
It's animalistic! And she can kill off armed thugs much stronger and bigger than her, superpowered humans with some not even resembling humans, and titans! Some mutant lizard with a third sharp limb is not a problem for her!

So basically she has 4km worth of distance ? why is this an issue ? also if he's got one shotting reality manip then fine that can be considered too op hax, But range shouldn't really be an issue unless I'm misssing something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back