• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament V2: SCP 372 (SCP Foundation ) vs Contesssa (Parahumans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically she has 4km worth of distance ? why is this an issue ? also if he's got one shotting reality manip then fine that can be considered too op hax, But range shouldn't really be an issue unless I'm misssing something here.
Basically if the person has kilometers worth of range fighting someone who uses melee, that's kinda unfair and can lead to stomps. But fine, have it your way

Basically if the person has kilometers worth of range fighting someone who uses melee, that's kinda unfair and can lead to stomps. But fine, have it your way
There are no rules regarding the ranges heck you are even allowed to choose a planetary range character, While that is true that it can lead to a stomp but this kind of issue is kinda unfixable like the only way to fix with would be if the tournament was "Same Stats match" where people would be facing each other who has same powers, same range and same stats to avoid any kind of controversy and that sounds weird 🤷‍♂️ I mean....someone's gotta have an advantage right ? JustANormalLemon or am I wrong ?

There are no rules regarding the ranges heck you are even allowed to choose a planetary range character, While that is true that it can lead to a stomp but this kind of issue is kinda unfixable like the only way to fix with would be if the tournament was "Same Stats match" where people would be facing each other who has same powers, same range and same stats to avoid any kind of controversy and that sounds weird 🤷‍♂️ I mean....someone's gotta have an advantage right ? JustANormalLemon or am I wrong ?
You do realize you can just put in "Starting distance is ... meters" in the OP, right?

I always use either 5 or 10 meters, sometimes 20 or 30 for ranged characters since standard melee range to tens of meters is the most common attack range

I realized something while re-reading Contessa's file repeatedly

So in-universe, there are things called All-or-nothings, essentially god tiers of the verse and Contessa is one of them

Now the way her power works is by asking and then answering herself the best method of success using her precognitive powers. She can occasionally let her powers take over (Cause auto-pilot) to be out of range from other powers. Now here's the thing, her auto-pilot can render her immune to Strangers (People with stealth powers), Masters (People with control powers), and Thinkers (People with thought powers) as long as she has a body

Now here's the thing, controlling someone via nervous system or just reading them via that is a way to interact with someone's powers and Path to Victory is specifically a power that cannot be interacted or interrupted. Which means...

Path to Victory's autopilot is not based on nervous system or signals. As long as she's on autopilot, she's technically just sleeping while her body moves without input

Anyway some scans

Torrieltar: Path to Victory comes with a sort of autopilot, right? Do we know what kind of limits that has? If, for example, a telepath was inflicting what would normally be debilitating psychological pain, would Path to Victory's autopilot help to power through that?

Wildbow: Autopilot yes (defaulting control to shard with faster-than-human processing), if her body remained functional then she'd basically move forward in a haze of PtVness. - Wildbow on Reddit

Torrieltar: How fast can Path to Victory react to unforeseen changes?

Wildbow: All changes are foreseen, as a rule. Can't cite anything, but there's a line that sorta appears in the story, where you run into the perfects (perfect defense, perfect offense) and stuff gets fucky - and the rule of thumb is that 'unless your ability beats -everything-, it doesn't beat this'. For processing power Contessa's ability would be on this level (as with Flechette's Sting, Clockblocker's inviolability, Siberian's invulnerability). - Wildbow on Reddit

Regarding her ability to not be interactable

Contessa can see a method of victory of all but a very small number of beings in the story. Other than the exceptions, she can Path;

The Number Man, who can calculate the vectors of and dodge attacks as numerous as there are atoms in the universe filling up a space.

Imp, who can remove herself from one's memory entirely.

Coil, who can simulate two alternate futures and have his body automatically perform whatever actions are needed to get to that conclusion.

Looking at the SCP profile, I really doubt that sort of precognition can counter her.

Well, the SCP has only one short page on the SCP wiki so ok, I will not argue against this new info, the SCP is bulshited to death

Yeah, this seems like a stomp. Contessa by nature will always win against such an opponent unless it was truly impossible odds. And seeing as this is equal stats and the SCP is haxless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back