• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monica Pinkston vs Mami Tomoe

SCP Foundation vs Puella Magi Verse

Base Monica vs Mami Tomoe's first key and Speed equalized

Monica: 7 ( Dargoo Faust, SomebodyData, Wokistan, Cain Fastus, Gargoyle One, DaBigP, ZackMoon )

Mami: 0 ()

Inconclusive: 0 ()

Zhange
Tomoe Mami 04

Mami's power null has worked on people resistant to power null, just so you guys know.

Also, she's resisted magic-based Powernull

Mami has powernulled pwople woth resistance to power Null and her ribbons are High 7A

Ribbon Trap GG

Monica has powers that cant be nulled by guys with 1-B power null (The Serpent's Hand) And yes it is on her profile

SomebodyData said:
How so? (Ignoring the fact that its not on her page)
It is, in the form of Magic Resistance. If Mami could powernull her using methods that aren't magical in nature, it could potentially work.

Monica also gets her powers from a High 3-A/1-B character who gives powers via using a concept.

Gargoyle One said:
Can she damage a High 7A?
Otherwise Ribbon trap
Ribbon Trap wouldn't work.

She can damage a 7-C, which is Mami's physical durability.

Also, just realized that Monica's Regen is still classified as Mid-High on her profile; it should be High-Mid/Low-High, as she's just fragmenting into a bunch of pieces (ableit very small peices) and exploding before reconstituting herself.

@Weekly so the Serpent's Hand is 1-B?

@Dargoo If that is the case, it should probably be noted as both. Though that's ignoring the fact that magical girls also have magic resistance and it still works.

Looking at Monica's page, something tells me that her abilities aren't High 3-A / 1-B, making the character is, but Monica's abilities aren't necessarily.

Tho like Gar said, Ribbon trap can still incap.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Ribbon Trap can like
Physically restrain her.
I mean, Monica can just explode herself, turn into smaller peices, then reconstitute herself outside of the Trap, if it's just physical restraining.

That could probably work the first time, but pretty sure Mami can catch on to that.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Ribbon Trap can like

Physically restrain her.
I don't see victory by death so yeah, so yeah not sure how that means she can't be Ribbon trapped @Dargoo

SomebodyData said:
@Dargoo If that is the case, it should probably be noted as both. Though that's ignoring the fact that magical girls also have magic resistance and it still works.
I mean, Monica uses magic to turn summon otherwise nonanomalous weapons, such as Cruise Missiles, Guns, etc. Otherwise, how good is Mami's magic resistance?

No? @Weekly I never said that? I'm just asking if the Serpent's Hand is 1-B. Ignoring the fact that physically Mami's ribbons can reach up to High 7-A, even if power null doesn't work.

WeeklyBattles said:
@SD Please dont tell me youre trying to argue Mami can get past 1-B resistances
I mean, it's not like the Serpant's hand actually tried to powernull her, they just said she had unbreakable wards.

Also, that's considering the Serpant's Hand as a whole in extended canon. In Apotheosis, there isn't anything supporting that.

That said I doubt Mami could powernull someone whose powers originate from a High 3-A being that gives her energy through a concept.

She power nulled someone who has 2-A powers.

And her power null focuses more on preventing the activation than overpowering the hax itself anyway. She isn't Tart

Kaltias said:
She power nulled someone who has 2-A powers.
And her power null focuses more on preventing the activation than overpowering the hax itself anyway. She isn't Tart
In her 7-A form?

@Dargoo like I said before, just because she was given powers by a High 3-A/1-B character, it doesn't make one that level. (Example, 2-A Sayaka Miki because Ultimate Madoka gave her powers.)

Though thanks for the clarification on the power null.

@Gar I mean if we're being technical she is the weakest in terms of fate potential. Physically she's like third.

@Genki

No, it's more a "if you want to go that route, she did, but it isn't relevant due to the mechanics anyway"

SomebodyData said:
@Dargoo like I said before, just because she was given powers by a High 3-A/1-B character, it doesn't make one that level. (Example, 2-A Sayaka Miki because Ultimate Madoka gave her powers.)
No problem, although I think you misunderstand.

The being who gives her powers is literally inside of her, in the form of the organs which give her abilities.

1-B is considering Extended Canon, so it's just High 3-A.

So, alright. Mami's powernull works on a 2-A level even in this key?

If it does, Monica gets ribboned and dies, although the Regen Negation is listed as Mid and Monica's is High-Mid/Low-High, so IDK.

If it doesn't, Monica likely just outlasts her through regen and missile spams until she can't block one or two, then Mami dies.

I mean, even if she got trapped in the ribbons and didn't feel like suiciding to regen out, I don't see why she can't just spawn a cruise missile next to Mami and blow that up. The profile just says she summons them, and those things aren't like a manportable rocket. Is she restricted to spawning them in her hands, or can she just spawn a bunch of cruise missiles on top of someone?

Back