• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monica Pinkston vs Mami Tomoe

Wokistan said:
I mean, even if she got trapped in the ribbons and didn't feel like suiciding to regen out, I don't see why she can't just spawn a cruise missile next to Mami and blow that up. The profile just says she summons them, and those things aren't like a manportable rocket. Is she restricted to spawning them in her hands, or can she just spawn a bunch of cruise missiles on top of someone?
Yes, she can spam them. She can also summon firearms/explosives outside of her body.

Actually, nobody has talked about the Showstopper, which is a High 7-C attack that also happens to powernull.

Not so much spamming them so much as if its within her capabilities to just spawn a missile directly adjacent to Mami and be done with it. 7-C cruise missiles in general seems really weird, unless we're using nuclear cruise missiles, but eh.

Dargoo's poor grammar.

(I fixed)

No I mean.

Why are you saying Mami Monica would die by being ribbon trapped instead of uncapped.

Sure Mami can't kill her because regen, but being trapped in High 7A ribbons works perfectly

According to her profile and Dargoo she can just spawn missiles wherever so even if she was totally encased in ribbons she should just be able to spawn a ton of missiles outside those ribbons right next to Mami.

Gargoyle One said:
No I mean.

Why are you saying Mami Monica would die by being ribbon trapped instead of uncapped.

Sure Mami can't kill her because regen, but being trapped in High 7A ribbons works perfectly
I mean, unless the trap is like vacuum sealed, Monica can just explode and reconstitute outside of it with her regen.

In response to taking damage, Monica literally just explodes, then reconstitutes herself. If Mami tries harming her in a meaningful way while she's in there, she would do just as I said.

If her missile spawning doesn't need movement. If she can thoughtcast cruise missiles, and spam them as much as she wants, sooner or later she's hitting Mami with one. Does Monica need to breath?

Wokistan said:
Does Monica need to breath?
I actually... don't know, lol. I don't think that was even mentioned, although considering the level of Body Control she has I'd say it's unlikely.

Also, how high is the range of Mami's ribbons?

Like, if Mami can't Ribbon from several kilometers away without even seeing where Monica really is due to how high that distance is, Monica can just call the Showstopper, which AOE's several dozen kilometers and powernulls, then calls it a day.

People actually know what Mami does, Homura and Madoka are too overpowered for a lot of matches, or get stomped, Mami's glass canon nature allows for a really wide variety of fights, Kyoko and Sayaka don't seem as notable in comparison to the others due to dying earlier, and a lot of people probably aren't aware that there's other PMM stuff then the main series. I sure didn't, even after I found out that PMMM was a thing.

That's my best guess as to why she gets a lot of matches I'd say. Its also able to be more interesting than "instakill hax GG" or "AP GG", since a lot of her stuff is predicated on skill and application.

Can we actually talk about the match instead of why Mami was chosen because this is actually a decently thematic fight given their powers

Cain Fastus said:
Wasnt aware that Monica gets her power throuh a concept
Can someone elaborate
"This magic's nature is of THRIVE. It is a command rather than an existing domain, and it should not be possible under current magical theory. Rather than summoning magic from a source and commanding it to a task, this magic acts as a command that generates its own domain and source in a reversal of fundamental magiphysics. Is it possible this could be done for other concepts?"

If nobody debunks this, I don't see why Monica can't just spawn a fuckload of missiles in Mami's general area and hit her with at least 1. Is that in character?

I mean you guys are arguing that Mami's stuff doesn't work at all so idk how fair the match is if i'm being honest

@Dargoo Mami has attack reflection and forcefield creation, alongside her own resistance to power null and magic, so I don't think that would work.

Wokistan said:
If nobody debunks this, I don't see why Monica can't just spawn a fuckload of missiles in Mami's general area and hit her with at least 1. Is that in character?
Oh yeah, that's totally in character.

Again, Monica can still just nuke the area with the Showstopper.

(EDIT): Ah, gotcha SD. IDK then.

Wokistan said:
Kyoko and Sayaka don't seem as notable in comparison to the others due to dying earlier
Mami literally died in the third episode. Iirc those two made it at least until the third to last

Oh, uh, spoilers I guess

There are 21 matches on her profile, 10 active matches in the last week and 5 of them in a day. I think it's fair to say that most of us are tired of her being spammed this much.

Anyway, I'll stop with the derailing

And what about attack reflection / forcefield creation / duplication, etc @Weekly

Doesn't seem too helpful if missiles get spawned close enough to touch you the second the fight starts, or even inside of you.

Wokistan said:
Doesn't seem too helpful if missiles get spawned close enough to touch you the second the fight starts, or even inside of you.
Uh, I don't think she can spawn them inside of her, at least she doesn't do that in-character.

SomebodyData said:
And what about attack reflection / forcefield creation / duplication, etc @Weekly
Wont help if the missiles are literally touching her

Also the profile really needs to be adjusted, its not a forcefield, its a barrier of ribbons

Either way, Mami'd need to react basically immediately to several missiles spawning out of nowhere and detonating on top of her to get off reflection or forcefield, duplication is covered by AOE due to them being missiles and the showstoper being a thing.

Spawning missiles inside people. Not right next to her, unless he'd like to clarify that too.

SomebodyData said:
Hold on, Dargoo says that's not even in character.
I'm talking about spawning them past barriers/inside of characters.

Otherwise her fight with the Voidslinger would have just ended by her nuking him from behind his sludge.

Back